It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek series TV!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Calm Down Sheldons, it's just a rumor....but a pretty solid one.
Could it be the Star Trek Fairies are throwing their creative dust around a studio boss' office?

X files now this. I'm gonna need an intervention.

According to the report, back before the 2009 movie reboot, there were two competing pitches for a Star Trek TV revival. One was developed by Babylon 5 creator and comics writing legend J. Michael Straczynski and Dark Skies’ Bryce Zabel, which would have rebooted the original Kirk/Spock/McCoy trio with all new actors. The details of that pitch are actually all online and make for a fascinating “what if” read.
The other pitch, which in my opinion was far more interesting, was from novelist Geoffrey Thorne, along with X-Men’s Bryan Singer, Free Enterprise director Rob Burnett, and Usual Suspects writer Christopher McQuarrie. It was called Star Trek: Federation.

nerdist.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If true and it comes to pass....
Yet another Nerd bucket list item covered....
LLP

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This rumour has been around forever. There was talk of Captain Worf, talk of Starfleet Academy...heck I even recall one particularly inane rumour called Star Trek : Klingon. Simmer down, let's see what happens after ST3 hits next summer.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

They won't let the series disappear into oblivion.

The original report suggests that whatever the new Trek TV project is, they want the focus right now to be on next summer’s Star Trek 3, but once that has come out, expect an official announcement to be made. It’s been a decade now, and CBS knows that Star Trek is far too valuable a known IP to leave off television for too long. I’m sure we’ll be learning more details in the months and years ahead.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I can only salivate!!

I have seen every episode of every Star Trek ever made, I even have 2nd Gen uniform, of course it no longer fits my "new and improved" (ha ha) ancient body.

It would truly make my golden years, well golden.

I can only hope it is true!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
don't know if it's this...saw on another site. ST: Axanar
great promo. I'd watch.
prequel to the original series.

coolscifi.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-3-2015 by works4dhs because: helpful clarification

edit on 28-3-2015 by works4dhs because: add helpful linque

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

About time! I have been waiting for this for awhile.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I like StarTrekContinues.com which is a set of 3 new episodes by a group who wants to bring this back to TV, very good stories and acting, the Loloni episode is excellent.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'd love to see the ST universe break into new territory dealing with places and species we haven't seen before. Voyager was almost that opportunity, but fell flat in my opinion. I don't like Kate Mulgrew's "I just gargled with nails" voice. Robert Beltran tanked a lot of episodes in my opinion, undercutting good actors around him. Also, why was Neelix so damn human? Also Ferengi and Klingons . . .really?

Enterprise was plain awful. Prequels aren't supposed to rewrite the entire history of the show, they're supposed to fill gaps that weren't addressed in the series offerings so far. Sadly Bakula and a few other main actors in that show just plain sucked which killed the show for me and nearly made me swear off the entire ST universe. Linda Park was very good, and I really think Jolene Blalock tried her butt off to bring depth to her character. Also Ferengi . . . what the heck man?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
This rumour has been around forever. There was talk of Captain Worf, talk of Starfleet Academy...heck I even recall one particularly inane rumour called Star Trek : Klingon. Simmer down, let's see what happens after ST3 hits next summer.

The difference is, Captain Worf really does exist as more than just a rumor & talk -- Michael Dorn has been trying to get it off paper for years, he's pretty dedicated to it. CBS has been the proverbial wall about it for him, since they own the rights to ST. They've even made it difficult for Star Trek: Online from time to time (a game!!)
Anyway, article about Michael Dorn's series.

originally posted by: works4dhs
don't know if it's this...saw on another site. ST: Axanar
great promo. I'd watch.
prequel to the original series.

coolscifi.com...

www.youtube.com...

Axanar is going ahead, the last time I checked their website to see about any updates, they were working on their stage:
StarTrek: Axanar website

Whether CBS cares to believe it or not, ST is in higher demand than they think. They'd be wise to stop dicking around about a new series.
edit on 3/28/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
Enterprise was plain awful. Prequels aren't supposed to rewrite the entire history of the show, they're supposed to fill gaps that weren't addressed in the series offerings so far. Sadly Bakula and a few other main actors in that show just plain sucked which killed the show for me and nearly made me swear off the entire ST universe. Linda Park was very good, and I really think Jolene Blalock tried her butt off to bring depth to her character. Also Ferengi . . . what the heck man?

I really didn't care much for the Xindi arc, Degra was the only redeeming quality in that whole arc, but not by much. The Temporal Cold War was a great storyline idea that should be been fleshed out a bit more, IMO. Had the series continued on, the next season supposedly would have dealt with more of the TCW, and the Fed war with the Romulans. Also, show staff murmurs elude to that they would have shown T'Pol's volatility (for a Vulcan) would have been explained by her father being a Romulan. A lot of good meaty stuff for the next season was lost when it went off air

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How many times can we take a great thing, rehash it, toss it around, rearrange the configurations, reprise it, create different enemies, and all the rest? It turns into sludge. I've had my fill with stories and characters created to fit in the Star Trek Universe.

Boldly go where no man has gone before??????? Turns into cautiously go where all the other non-creative intellects have gone before staying within the lines of not offending ancient and brain dead fans.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Gosh I hope it's "Star Trek: Federation" over the original series reboot.
Don't get me wrong, I love Spock, Kirk and McCoy, but we've just got that with the new movies and it's already been done to death.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I forgot about ST: Renegades. They're wrapping up the loose ends of it & getting ready to pitch to CBS.
Star Trek: Renegades site

It'd be a darker ST, but it would certainly be a nice change in series theme if they did pick it up.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Yeah I hope it's "federation" as opposed to reboot, that's what the movies were for.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is the online series referred to as Star Trek Continues or STC starring Vic Monogna as Kirk, Chris (son of James) Doonan as Scotty and the rather toothsome Michelle Specht as Ships Counsellor. The series picks up from the end of the original five year mission, uses many of the old sets, and to be fair, is a pretty good effort. As yet they have not got beyond three episodes and some vignettes, but worth checking out all the same if you haven't already.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
While these rumors have been around for a while. This new talk comes from an exclusive story at Latino Review. While Latino Review has been hit and miss in the past. Lately they have been breaking a lot of movie news before anyone else. CBS seems to want to work with Bryan Singer and the people who made the Star Trek Federation pitch.

The second was developed closer to the JJ reboot and was written by producer Geoffrey Thorne, novelist and writer on things like Leverage and Criminal Intent and was called Star Trek: Federation and was conceptualized with producer Robert Burnett, Bryan Singer (the X-Men director and producer of TV’s House among others) and Christopher (director of Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation). This other series wouldn’t reboot the Star Trek universe, but would vault it forward past the DS9 and Voyager series timelines into a far flung future where the Utopia Federation that we knew from other TV series had become boring and complacent.

Federation would have seen the titular group reduced to a mere peacekeeping force as the old ways broke apart. Vulcans withdraw from the United Federation of Planets and reunify with the Romulans, the Bajorans of Deep Space Nine would have also withdrawn and become a planet full of religious monks, like a “Tibet in space.” The Klingons wouldn’t be as warrior-obsessed anymore, but would instead be warrior mystics. The Ferengi would have a female Nagus. The Cardassians would have abandoned war and become an artist/philosopher race.

In essence, Federation would have advanced the timeline of the Star Trek Universe far enough in the future to re-define some of the characters that had been the same since the original series’ inception.

Now that does not mean the new show will be the same concept as Star Trek Federation. Just that the people who pitched that concept years ago are the same ones who are possibly working with CBS on a new show. It could be original trek or new trek. I would think that depends on how Star Trek 3 does. No one knows yet. I think it will probably just be similar in tone and concept to the Star Trek Federation pitch.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hope it's true. I love Star Trek!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd be excited considering Star Trek is easily my favourite TV show ever, but after what they did with 2009 and Into Darkness I'm a bit more concerned they are just going to ruin it even more. The reboot was sickening its sequel even worse, I passionatley hate those films.

Though Trek has had its ups and downs before and I'm sure everyone can agree it was much better as a TV show than films. I just hope that if there is another show coming its made by people who love the show and not JJ Abrahms who openly admitted he never liked it and was trying to change it.

If you watch any of the Star Trek films without watching alot of the show, you won't have a clue whats going on for the most part, except the reboots, thats where they went wrong appealing to a wider audience than people who are already into it. So if they do make a new sereis for me it has to be loyal to the franchise, which in this day and age is unlikely.

I wouldn't be bothered if we never got anything Star Trek again, TOS TNG VOY DS9 10 films, thats all I need. More would be nice, but more than likely it will fail to appeal to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

XFiles AND Star Trek returning at same time-ish? Someone pinch me!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join