It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek series TV!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The new tv show will be set 10 years before Kirk and will have a female lead, not the Captain.

Bryan Fuller just gave the news in the Television Critics Association press event.

www.treknews.net...

I was hoping to be after Voyager, but this sounds so awesome that i cannot wait.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom traveller
The new tv show will be set 10 years before Kirk

The Fed/Sheliak conflict is the only thing I know of importance in the 2250's that comes to mind for that timeframe. The Federation & the Sheliak went toe-to-toe for a little while, which culminated in the Treaty of Armens & the Feds giving up several planets to the Sheliak.

This could actually be extremely interesting as a plot premise. There is virtually nothing in canon lore about the species, so there's absolutely a wide-open arena for some expansion on them.

Edit: Actually, if it being set 10 years prior to Kirk is just a rough number & not a firm one, Axanar would be just a few years prior to the Treaty. IOW, both are quite possible.
edit on 8/10/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not going to be about Axanar, at least that is the latest news we have.
And the War and the treaty is my bet as well.
Although there is the discovery and destruction of the lost Vulcan colony on Darien 224, but i don't know if they could make 13 episodes about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom traveller

It's not going to be about Axanar, at least that is the latest news we have.

Yeah, I derped on that one. They've made it abundantly clear it's not Axanar-oriented at all.

And the War and the treaty is my bet as well.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems for the period mentioned. Unless it's the Farragut vampire cloud incident a few years closer to TOS-time, but I can't see how they'd spin 13 episodes out of that one.

Although there is the discovery and destruction of the lost Vulcan colony on Darien 224, but i don't know if they could make 13 episodes about it.

It would make for an interesting stand-alone or two-parter, but I agree -- I don't see how they could come up with 13 episodes' worth of material for it.
edit on 8/10/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeah, I derped on that one. They've made it abundantly clear it's not Axanar-oriented at all.

After all the drama with the Axanar "fan" film it would be awkward to make a show based on that.

Unless it's the Farragut vampire cloud incident a few years closer to TOS-time, but I can't see how they'd spin 13 episodes out of that one.

That would also make an interesting story. For a stand-alone episode. But it has already been explored in TOS, so i don't know if they want to go back to that.

I hope they will release more information next month, when they start filming.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join