It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek series TV!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Will Luke and Leia be in this new version?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It could mean the Klingons joined the Federation. I also read the theory that it could be a Section 31 ship. The ship seems to be coming out of an asteroid not a starbase, and 31 is in its designation number, NCC-1031.
edit on 25-7-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, but their grandchildren will be.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

It could mean the Klingons joined the Federation. I also read the theory that it could be a Section 31 ship. The ship seems to be coming out of an asteroid not a starbase, and 31 is in its designation number, NCC-1031.

That could certainly be, but my gut is pretty sure Discovery is a nod at the Discovery shuttle. It's designation was OV-103. That's a bit much to be a coinky-dinky, I think it's intentional there. It also may be a S-31 ship for all we know, maybe a futuristic research branch of it?

And if it is post-Nemesis era, and Klinks have joined, it absolutely could be a fusion ship in this case, too.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
No, but their grandchildren will be.

Cool. Hopefully they fight and finally defeat the Decepticons this time.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Quick synopsis: Luke and Leia, wanting to keep their bloodline pure, decide to kill Finn and Rey, and have a child of their own, a true progeny of The Force.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Sounds more like Game of Thrones than Star Trek.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Same writers.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

With the Klingons joining the Fed, do you think they will allow cloaking tech?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
With the Klingons joining the Fed, do you think they will allow cloaking tech?

Only if Janet Yellen permits them.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

On DS9, the Defiant had Romulan cloaking tech. So the Federation is willing to use it. The last time we really saw the relationship between the Klingons and Federation on screen they just won the Dominion war and Martok was emperor. So I could see that relationship blossoming.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Plus there was the phase/cloak device from TNG. I don't remember what happened to that.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I think the Federation knows how to make and use cloaking technology. But there were treaties that the Federation signed saying they would not use cloaking tech. I think that was said on an episode of Next Generation. Maybe even the episode you are referring too. But that all changed when they allied with the Klingons and the Romulans for the Dominion war.

It makes sense to me that the Klingons would join the Federation. That is were it seemed to be going on DS9. Even going back to Next Generation, The Federation was deeply involved in Klingon politics. I know that Star Trek online had the alliance break up and made the Klingons the bad guys again. But I do not know if that is canonical.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yea it was a big deal because the Enterprise uncloaked right in front of a Klingon ship.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm surprised the Borg never adapted cloaking tech, although that would have made them way too over powered. Same with the Fed having phase tech.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I guess the Borg just thought they were scary enough already. On Voyager, Klingon and Romulan drones were shown. So that means at some point both were assimilated in some form. Maybe just colonies and not battleships. Or maybe the Borg just don't care about cloaking tech.

Just like the white walkers in Game of Thrones, the Borg are just there. As this big threat that has never really come in force. Look what they did in Next Generation with one Borg cube. They pretty much wiped out an entire Federation fleet. On Voyager its shown that in Borg space they have millions of cubes and the technology to reach Federation space, and move around quicker than any other alpha quadrant power when they are there, with transwarp technology.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Didn't Voyager use the trans warp conduits to get home? I wonder if that will show up.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It all depends on when the show takes place. The original rumor was that it would take place between Undiscovered Country and Next Generation. But Bryan Fuller recently said that it was not true. So I am hoping that means post Nemesis. The question is how far post Nemesis.

Is it going to be a big jump like Next Generation was, a hundred or more years. Or a smaller jump. The various post Nemesis book series take place in the late 2370's and the early 2380's. The Star Trek Online game takes place, I think, in 2409/10. Will they ignore all that, wipe out all the non movie and TV continuity like Star Wars did. Or set it far enough ahead where they can do anything and leave all the other stuff alone.

The books have done a really good job continuity wise. Everything published fits in with everything else. One of the writers on the new show comes from the book side of things. Pocket Books is owned by CBS. So the book continuity has always been close to the TV and Movie continuity. It will be interesting to see how close it remains.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There is still plenty of the Milky Way to explore as well, not to mention stuff beyond the rim.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

With a ship that is called Discovery and the trend in the shows so far. Next Generation gave us the neutral zone, the bad lands, and Cardassian space. DS9 gave us the gamma quadrant. Voyager the delta quadrant. We will probably be getting a whole new sector of space.

There is a lot to explore and discover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join