It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek series TV!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Calm Down Sheldons, it's just a rumor....but a pretty solid one.
Could it be the Star Trek Fairies are throwing their creative dust around a studio boss' office?

X files now this. I'm gonna need an intervention.

According to the report, back before the 2009 movie reboot, there were two competing pitches for a Star Trek TV revival. One was developed by Babylon 5 creator and comics writing legend J. Michael Straczynski and Dark Skies’ Bryce Zabel, which would have rebooted the original Kirk/Spock/McCoy trio with all new actors. The details of that pitch are actually all online and make for a fascinating “what if” read.
The other pitch, which in my opinion was far more interesting, was from novelist Geoffrey Thorne, along with X-Men’s Bryan Singer, Free Enterprise director Rob Burnett, and Usual Suspects writer Christopher McQuarrie. It was called Star Trek: Federation.

nerdist.com...

Can't wait. It's been too long without a Star Trek television show. I had to respond to the only good news I've heard this decade.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Ironhawke
This rumour has been around forever. There was talk of Captain Worf, talk of Starfleet Academy...heck I even recall one particularly inane rumour called Star Trek : Klingon. Simmer down, let's see what happens after ST3 hits next summer.

The difference is, Captain Worf really does exist as more than just a rumor & talk -- Michael Dorn has been trying to get it off paper for years, he's pretty dedicated to it. CBS has been the proverbial wall about it for him, since they own the rights to ST. They've even made it difficult for Star Trek: Online from time to time (a game!!)
Anyway, article about Michael Dorn's series.

originally posted by: works4dhs
don't know if it's this...saw on another site. ST: Axanar
great promo. I'd watch.
prequel to the original series.

coolscifi.com...

www.youtube.com...

Axanar is going ahead, the last time I checked their website to see about any updates, they were working on their stage:
StarTrek: Axanar website

Whether CBS cares to believe it or not, ST is in higher demand than they think. They'd be wise to stop dicking around about a new series.

It doesn't look like Axanar is going to be a series. It looks like it is going to be a movie.

I'd really like to see a new series! With another 7 year run! at least!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

New Star Trek show?

Why hasnt this thread made ATS's Facebook or being tweeted?

Sheesh at the very least top slot on the main page?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Does this mean we might get to see another hottie in a tight suit called maybe I don't know 69 I mean 6 of 9
Bring on the half borg............All joking aside maybe a back story of 7 of 9 when she was young

Or maybe a spin off of I,borg and descent. After lots of years Hugh is found severely damaged . He manages to say hugh friend Geordi, Geordi's niece Nadifa is the one that finds him. He helps the star trek crew which is in some distant quadrant then becomes part of the crew. NOT LIKE VOYAGER.

... Anyway all kinds of possibilities.I Just hope the series hits the ground running and it is not blasé. That's if there is some truth to the rumour.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I thought it would be a great spinoff to have a series based on the Captain Braxton character and the Relativity/Aeon. It would have been a show based on the concept of a federation time police that enforce the temporal prime directive and eventually ends with Braxton suffering from temporal psychosis. It could also delve into the temporal wars...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I hope its a new next next Gen or Deepspace nine and not new actors redoing the original series as the movies are doing that, so it be like a remake or a remake or the original. I liked the idea of the Temporal Cold War from Enterprise and the back stabbing ambush plots of deep space nine so something in between them would be good.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

We all could use a healthy dose of the Prime Directive in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

About time!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The new starwars is gonna suck all them old rehashes past their prime. The startrek renew had right idea start from scatch. Imagine if their was starwars Tv series it end after 3 weeks the empire chasing renagades. wait that was battle star galactica.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
The new starwars is gonna suck all them old rehashes past their prime. The startrek renew had right idea start from scatch. Imagine if their was starwars Tv series it end after 3 weeks the empire chasing renagades. wait that was battle star galactica.

You should probably never mention that satan spawned piece of # ever again.

& before you ask, either of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Calm Down Sheldons, it's just a rumor....but a pretty solid one.
Could it be the Star Trek Fairies are throwing their creative dust around a studio boss' office?

X files now this. I'm gonna need an intervention.

According to the report, back before the 2009 movie reboot, there were two competing pitches for a Star Trek TV revival. One was developed by Babylon 5 creator and comics writing legend J. Michael Straczynski and Dark Skies’ Bryce Zabel, which would have rebooted the original Kirk/Spock/McCoy trio with all new actors. The details of that pitch are actually all online and make for a fascinating “what if” read.
The other pitch, which in my opinion was far more interesting, was from novelist Geoffrey Thorne, along with X-Men’s Bryan Singer, Free Enterprise director Rob Burnett, and Usual Suspects writer Christopher McQuarrie. It was called Star Trek: Federation.

nerdist.com...

Can't wait. It's been too long without a Star Trek television show. I had to respond to the only good news I've heard this decade.

Might I recommend rewatching Enterprise & DS9? It found the 8th run through the most revealing.

Surely you have next gen set to record on your TiVo!?!?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It might be kind of nice to see but I personally don't think they can ever really recapture what they had with TNG. I can still remember just watching them put out DS9, Voyager and Enterprise and I really wanted to like them but it just wasn't the same.

I had the same feelings when TNG launched back in the 80s. At the time, I'd been watching the TOS reruns after school and I didn't realize they were as old as they were. I was resistant to TNG for about the first season or so but that was a good show. DS9 was OK too but I just never really followed it. I didn't like Voyager at all. There were too many characters I didn't like. Every TNG character was good enough to have their own dedicated episodes.

I think they probably had too much going on at once.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
TNG was incredible, and exactly how it should be done.
DS9 took a while to get good, but eventually it did.
Voyager, loved the concept, didn't like Janeway though. She's just too bitchy to be a good captain (how she ever did any diplomacy is beyond me)....
Enterprise, I just couldn't get into it. And Bakula is just too whiny looking to be a good captain.

I'd give another series a go though.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
TNG was incredible, and exactly how it should be done.
DS9 took a while to get good, but eventually it did.

Yeah. Like I said, DS9 wasn't bad, exactly. It had reasonably good characters and pretty good acting overall (I really didn't care for Sisko that much. The women on DS9 were generally much better looking than on TNG (Though I had a thing for Crusher). The DS9 characters were fleshed out much better, I think, than TNG but the problem was you had to watch every episode or you didn't know what the hell was going on. You could miss an entire season of TNG and get right back into it.

I think they designed DS9 to sell on DVD because they knew people would miss important episodes. I missed a ton of DS9 episodes and finally gave up. The only way I could possibly fix that now would be to watch every episode and my heart just isn't in it.

Voyager, loved the concept, didn't like Janeway though. She's just too bitchy to be a good captain (how she ever did any diplomacy is beyond me)....

I liked Janeway. She was one of the very few Voyager characters I really liked. She reminded me of a female Kirk. I hated Chakotay the first time I laid eyes on him. I kind of didn't like Riker to start with either but his character grew on me. Chakotay didn't. I disliked him more every time I saw him. Paris was an interesting character. Even Harry Kim was OK. But I HATED Neelix instantly! Kes was interesting but her character was totally ruined by being tied to Neelix.

Voyager had potential but they screwed it up big time with the casting. Unlike many people I didn't like the Seven of Nine character at all. I just disliked her instantly. I didn't like the concept either.

Enterprise, I just couldn't get into it. And Bakula is just too whiny looking to be a good captain.

Well, I was a big fan of Quantum Leap and I just couldn't get into him in Star Trek. It was hugely distracting and I lost interest in Enterprise almost right away. I also didn't really care for the jarring way the Enterprise appeared to be nearly as advanced as the Enterprise D. You wouldn't notice that if you never watched TOS but it was very hard to ignore.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah, they tried to make it look older, but it just couldn't look older than TOS, lol.

I agree on DS9. If you missed something, you were lost.

While Seven of Nine was hot, we already saw this idea done in TNG, so kind of lost it's zing. (redemption of a Borg)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's official. New TV series

STAR TREK DISCOVERY

the CBS All Access reboot will be called Star Trek Discovery, according to showrunner Bryan Fuller. He also confirmed the January 2017 debut date and said that the CBS All Access show “won’t be episodic” but rather will tell stories like a novel.

deadline.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Anyone else think the ship looks like the symbol for the Vulcans?

edit on 25-7-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It doesn't look much like an IDIC to me. If anything, Discovery looks like the Klingons & Feds cross-bred their ships XD That aft section looks very D7 to me.

Did anyone else notice the cloak sound just after the ship goes off-screen at the end of the video? Watch again & listen closely! That could be a mighty big hint at something there, they did say they'd be dropping easter eggs between now & premier.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
'Bout damn time!!!

Me needs me some more Trek stuff...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join