It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

And they almost certainly will.

You know the mantra, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
With underlying depression lurking and an overlaying cause, a combo or the wrongly prescribed drugs or even skipping them, can of course make for a worse situation. Of course, that's no excuse to pick a path of suicide as he did.

Looks like there may have been a catalyst for making his depression worse: He went back through training and things were looking up for him career wise but Germanwings and Lufthansa are said to be having conflicts with their pilot's union. They just had a strike last week.
edit on 26-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: FlySolo

And it has been floated that MH370's "accident" might have had something to do with the 20 Freescale engineers.

Keep wondering if there might be a connection with a passenger on this plane.

Here's how my conspiracy mind is working:

Prior to the flight (within 24 hours), the candidate is implanted with a suggestion or trigger word. Could be done through personal contact, website, phone, etc.

Something during the flight triggers the behavior in candidate. Target(s) on plane are eliminated.

I can't believe anyone would remain that calm up and to the point of impact, suicidal or not. As someone else mentioned....seems almost trance-like.

There was a Booz Allen Hamilton employee(RIP/regards) on board.
Source

Or could have been more directed towards their company issues and strikes going on(see my previous post). A plane loss for any other reason than someone causing it intentionally would surely mean going out of business.
edit on 26-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: mean*

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Planes have crashed since they started flying for unintentional reasons, and Airlines stayed in business. Pan Am, twice, lost three airplanes back to back and stayed in business for decades after.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow, through all the posts, never considered a suicide (mass murder, actually) , but many of you did. It just goes to show that generalizing about a persons ability to do this , and the way they would go about it had so much conjecture at first, but as the thread progressed, with the info trickling in, it did start to become one of the only plausible theories. Good work ATS.

God speed to all that perished under the hand of this sick pilot.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Perhaps these points have already been brought up, but maybe the investigation is looking at this from the wrong angle, or perhaps these steps are being taken and we in the general public aren't aware of them.

Look through the flight manifest. Were there any passengers on board with odd/strange/criminal/nefarious histories? What about passengers with government contracts, or representatives of government contractors? Any person on board, or cargo, that any party would want to make disappear? Were there any passengers that were late additions to the flight?

Looking at the co-pilot, look into his finances. Were there any unusual transactions in the last few months? Any unusual phone calls? Meetings with strangers? Odd behavior? Marital or relationship issues? Did he have friends or was he a loner? Drinking issues? Health problems?

Means, motive, and opportunity. If he was suicidal, there are other ways to do it rather than take a host of innocent people with him. Certainly, piloting a jet provides means and opportunity, but so does a high building, a knife, a gun, or sleeping pills. What is the motive?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RidgeWalker

All that is considered during an investigation. That's one reason it can take a year or more for a report. They even interview the family to see how much sleep they got the night before.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I was wondering this.....if the passengers knew anything was amiss.

What I'm wondering is this: If a pilot begins pounding on the door at some point in flight, wouldn't at least the First Class passengers have heard and noticed this? And I mean, he must have really been pounding as it became evident that something terrible was going on. It was 10:00 in the morning and most people would have been awake. If someone is pounding on ANYTHING in an airplane----well, that's something that would be immediately noticed, heard and questioned.

Based on what we know now, I think it would be pretty much impossible for passengers not to know with both 1) pilot banging on door and 2) a descent during the middle of the flight.

Germanwings is a low-cost carrier, so no first/business class, but yeah, the passengers in the front rows would definitely know something was up.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
20 mins ago - Air Canada will now require two crew in the cockpit at all times in order ... "We are implementing without delay a policy change to ensure that all flights ... Airlines in Europe are not required to have two people in the cockpit at all times Peter Fitzpatrick said in a statement.
Fitzpatrick said the airline is closely monitoring the investigation of the crash and will make further policy changes as warranted.

source
www.thestar.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RidgeWalker

All that is considered during an investigation. That's one reason it can take a year or more for a report. They even interview the family to see how much sleep they got the night before.

There is also the possibility that he simply cracked. That happens. A person may seem normal, but no one else really knows what is going on between his ears.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Doesn't take too long for these sort of stories to pop out.
stthomasaquinasversusnasa.blogspot.ca...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

f a pilot begins pounding on the door at some point in flight, wouldn't at least the First Class passengers have heard and noticed this?

Of course they knew. Likely multiple people were helping with trying to get in the door. Evidently screaming can be heard on the voice recorder. They knew exactly what was going on for several minutes before they hit.

V

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Or something like this:

Hero of Islamic State

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

What I'm wondering is this: If a pilot begins pounding on the door at some point in flight, wouldn't at least the First Class passengers have heard and noticed this? And I mean, he must have really been pounding as it became evident that something terrible was going on. It was 10:00 in the morning and most people would have been awake. If someone is pounding on ANYTHING in an airplane----well, that's something that would be immediately noticed, heard and questioned.

Based on what we know now, I think it would be pretty much impossible for passengers not to know with both 1) pilot banging on door and 2) a descent during the middle of the flight.

Germanwings is a low-cost carrier, so no first/business class, but yeah, the passengers in the front rows would definitely know something was up.

That's what I think too. Especially the people in the front of the plane had to be freaking out with the pilot trying to get in. Sheer terror for those innocent people including the pilot. And how detached the co-pilot seemed to be with his normal breathing. One friend did say AL was "quiet".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Pamela Gellar couldn't resists.
pamelageller.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dreamingawake

Planes have crashed since they started flying for unintentional reasons, and Airlines stayed in business. Pan Am, twice, lost three airplanes back to back and stayed in business for decades after.

Yeah I'm aware of that what I meant was rather speculation wise as to lay a blame to protect their fears.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myrtales Instinct

originally posted by: TommyD1966

That's what I think too. Especially the people in the front of the plane had to be freaking out with the pilot trying to get in. Sheer terror for those innocent people including the pilot. And how detached the co-pilot seemed to be with his normal breathing. One friend did say AL was "quiet".

Such a horrible way to go. They were heroes though in trying. Those trying to help out and all who had to parish that way, but they will never know.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
Wow. They were dumb. Smh.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: neoholographic

just to point out - there ios a 4th . and 5th state for the lock to be in :

inoperative [ unlocked ] - the lock cannot be engaged - and offers zero resistance

inoperative [ locked ] - the lock cannot be disengaged without force or tools

locks are just simple mechanical // electro-mechanical devices - they are not magic - they can and do malfunction

Agreed.

But here is why people are questioning what happened:

1. What is the likelihood of someone, presumably in good physical health, just "dropping dead" at the controls of a plane?

AND

2. The door being locked by some sort of malfunction.

AND

3. At least in the US, airlines are required to have the buddy system in the cockpit to make sure someone can get in if something happens to the (co-)pilot. What are the chances that no one went in?

What are the chanced that all 3 happen?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Pamela Gellar couldn't resists.
pamelageller.com...

Yes, I just saw this pop up on the internet.
Apparently there are ISIS sympathizers willing to co-opt the co-pilot's suicide (if that is all it was).
As far as I know, there is no connection of him to terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join