It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
If it was the US and there was a second person in the cockpit, they could have let the other pilot in. There is no way the co-pilot could have controlled the plane into a dive to crash it and stopped the other pilot from getting into the cockpit if a flight attendant was in the cock pit with him. All the flight attendant has to do is flick a switch to let the other pilot into the cockpit. Once the door is open it would be easy for them to over power the co-pilot, this is why there should always be two people in the cockpit and no one person should ever be left alone in the cockpit under any circumstances.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
a reply to: Freenrgy2

According to reports the pilot asked Lubitz to take control, pushed his seat out and went out the door.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
a reply to: butcherguy

There is procedure, posted on other thread.
edit on 26-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: dreamingawake

Something else just occurred to me. They said his breathing was normal. So when you're conscious, and only seconds away from impact, is your breathing normal? No increase in breath? No fear? Just normal, calm breathing? No way...something is really bad about this. Stinks. Surely, even a conscious, homicidal maniac would have an increased heart rate when just about to crash, with 150 other people. You can't breath normally if your heart rate is increased, it's impossible.

That's what i was looking at too. Could have been that he was;
a) drugged or on drug/s or
b) made peace with his intent/was ready to die(surely does sound twisted but I've heard of that before with suicides)

or c)brainwashing(seems to early to add but may be valid for discussion)
Though there doesn't seem to be a direct agenda unless what others have pointed out on the net withfear : terrorism and flying fear
edit on 26-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: added c.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
a reply to: MRuss

If it were the US, they would NEVER have admitted that it looks like the pilot deliberately crashed the plane.

I disagree, companies have to simply tell the truth when there is irrefutable facts in the form of cockpit voice and data recorders. If this evidence didn't exist you could expect stonewalling - which would be natural because there would only be questions with no answers.

IMHO having the voice and data information simply moves us right to how do we prevent future similar acts and mourning the dead. Teutonic efficiency is definitely in full view here though. I think getting out in front with the facts is the way to go always. Give all the information you have and treat people with dignity.

It's still early, but i know from personal experience that dealing with families after a crash is something that is trained for. I'm sure Lufthansa has done this and i have no doubt they will follow their training.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM

I also recall reading that. His address - which is given in this Aviation Business Gazette article - can be viewed on Google Maps and appears to be a large detached property at the edge of Montabaur. So perhaps his license was funded, or perhaps a loan was secured against the property. I'm sure that will be revealed in the coming weeks.
edit on 26/3/2015 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:01 PM

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

According to reports the pilot asked Lubitz to take control, pushed his seat out and went out the door.

Adding to my theory of mind control and the urge to pee...

“For the first 20 minutes of the flight, the pilots spoke in a normal way, you could say cheerful and courteous,” Robin said. “We heard the flight commander prepare the briefing for landing at Düsseldorf and the response of the co-pilot seemed laconic. Then we heard the commander ask the co-pilot to take the controls.

Laconic - had to look that up.
(of a person, speech, or style of writing) using very few words.
"his laconic reply suggested a lack of interest in the topic"

So they go from cheerful and courteous, then the copilot clams up right after "the briefing". Sounds like that briefing is also a standard procedure so it would be a good place to 'slip' in a key word.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:02 PM

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: FlySolo

Here's what I want to know, but most likely never will.

Lubitz requests control of aircraft
Pilot then leaves.

Why that order?

Or, did pilot mention he had to use the LAV, Lubitz then requested control and then the pilot left his chair.

If the request came first from Lubitz (why?) and then the pilot used the opportunity to excuse himself, then it makes it more likely that he picked this particular flight to carry out his "mission."

There is a verbal confirmation on who controls the plane. Pilot says "you have control" to co-pilot. Co-pilot, says, "I have control" and proceeds to take side stick priority. Pilot then leaves the flight deck.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
Report on how it happened.

French prosecutor Brice Robin did not release the exact timings of the audio obtained from the recorder, but he said the pilots conversed normally for the first 20 minutes.

However, Mr Robin said although the co-pilot's responses were initially courteous, they became "curt" when the captain began the mid-flight briefing on the planned landing.

Shortly after this the captain left the cockpit, probably to go to the toilet, according to Mr Robin.

He can be heard asking the co-pilot to take control of the plane. A seat moves backwards, followed by the sound of a door closing.

The co-pilot was left alone in control of the plane. He then pressed the buttons of the flight monitoring systems to
send the aircraft into descent, Mr Robin said.

"This action on the altitude controls can only be deliberate," said Mr Robin.

It took less than 10 minutes for the plane to plummet through the sky, during which time the co-pilot did not say a word.

The captain can be heard returning from the bathroom. He was unable to regain access to the cockpit, so started knocking lightly on the door.

He received no response. He then began to pound on the door, but it did not open. Alarms also sounded.

The co-pilot's breathing was normal throughout the final minutes of the flight. He did not send out a distress call.

The Airbus was descending at a rate of about 3-4,000ft per minute. The last radar contact was at 09.40:47 GMT at 6,175ft.

Air traffic controllers made repeated attempts to contact the aircraft, but to no avail.

During the very last moment of the recording passengers can be heard screaming. Mr Robin said he believed they were unaware of what was happening in the cockpit up until this point.

The plane hit the mountain at 700km (430mph) an hour. "Death was instant," he added.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:09 PM
I can't believe we haven't gotten to the "It's America's fault" post yet. I'll wait...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:12 PM
a reply to: Fazza!

The Montabur address is his parents house who he lived with. He had another property in Düsseldorf which has been raided, no further info on that yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
a reply to: Variable

You are correct that it is the duty of corporations to tell the truth. And it should be the duty of the government to tell the truth.

But I find it laughable that anyone would think this is the norm.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:18 PM
It is now being reported the copilot had been suffering from depression and burn out back in 2008 and had to be re trained before continuing his job.
Esayjet just announced 2 crew members in cockpit at all times from now on.
edit on 26-3-2015 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
Funny you should be chatting about 'Mind Control' as I created a thread on the Topic March 21st.

I'd say it is definately possible to do that... maybe even some device was attached to the co-pilots head.

What about using 'Mobiles'? Are they permitted on Planes now? I remember reading about how they could be used to take over controls of planes and it was pretty easy to get the info.... very silly when you read options like this on the net (especially with all this terrorism going on right now)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Or maybe just a simple trigger word.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I was wondering this.....if the passengers knew anything was amiss.

What I'm wondering is this: If a pilot begins pounding on the door at some point in flight, wouldn't at least the First Class passengers have heard and noticed this? And I mean, he must have really been pounding as it became evident that something terrible was going on. It was 10:00 in the morning and most people would have been awake. If someone is pounding on ANYTHING in an airplane----well, that's something that would be immediately noticed, heard and questioned.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:34 PM
Start reading a few pages past the headlines. If the co-pilot crashed this plane intentionally TPTB could be using this extremely tragic event as a smoke screen to take the headlines while something even more nefarious is happening over "there." Slight of hand...

Regardless, this is tragic, sad and frustrating...I hope I'm wrong and we get to the bottom of this ASAP.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
a reply to: biggilo

Many people go through depression in their lives. In fact, I don't know anyone who escapes it in the course of their life. But not everyone who has suffered from it crashes an entire plane full of people into a mountain.

It's got to be something more, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
a reply to: MRuss

Very true, I have severe depression myself. BUT this guy did fly a plane into a mountain and as we all know depression can put you into some very dark places, I think it is very relevant to this case.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
a reply to: FlySolo

And it has been floated that MH370's "accident" might have had something to do with the 20 Freescale engineers.

Keep wondering if there might be a connection with a passenger on this plane.

Here's how my conspiracy mind is working:

Prior to the flight (within 24 hours), the candidate is implanted with a suggestion or trigger word. Could be done through personal contact, website, phone, etc.

Something during the flight triggers the behavior in candidate. Target(s) on plane are eliminated.

I can't believe anyone would remain that calm up and to the point of impact, suicidal or not. As someone else mentioned....seems almost trance-like.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>