It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:59 PM

Canadian airlines have been ordered to maintain two crew in the cockpit at all times, effective immediately, federal Transport Minister Lisa Raitt announced today.
"Currently, there is not the requirement to have two members in the cabin," Raitt told reporters. "After this order, there will be a requirement to have two members in the cabin.”

Good to know, since I’ve booked tickets for a flight recently.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
This is from

Speaking to the media, Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr said Lubitz was “100 percent fit to fly” but acknowledged that he “took a break in his training six years ago. Then he did the [psychological] tests again. And he was deemed fit to fly. … He took a several-months break for reasons I do not know.” However, a woman identified as the mother of Lubitz’s classmate told the Frankfurter Zeitung: “Apparently, he had a burnout, depression.” The woman added that he was a “good boy” with a “good family background” and, speculating on why he crashed the plane, said, “I can imagine the whole thing as a knee-jerk reaction. It could not have been planned, though, it really was like a shooting spree.”

Andeas Lubitz: 5 Fast facts you need to know

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
I think the pilot was going #2 and the Germans are too polite to mention it. Or it simply takes a bit of time to walk from one end of the plane to another.

That makes a lot more sense with screams heard at the last moment rather than him banging on the door for 8 minutes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
a reply to: TommyD1966

Well to add to all of this, it's been said an actual alarm went off. All planes have this alarm on the door in case someone is trying to beat the door down for nefarious reasons.

So, say the pilot went to the bathroom ten minutes before it crashed. Three minutes later, he's trying to get back into the cockpot. The alarm goes off. In the moment that alarm went off, everyone knew something was irrefutably wrong.

My line of questioning has to do with when the passengers knew. It seems to me that they must have known at least five minutes before they crashed. They're saying the screams didn't start until just shortly before the plane crashed, but there had to have been a lot of praying going on minutes before then.... that or a lot of confusion.

I wonder if any of the passengers got up to help try to beat down the door.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:07 PM
a reply to: Freenrgy2
Quite an imagination you have there.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
One more thing:

The German's pride themselves for their well-ordered world. Things work like clockwork in Germany, from trains to clocks to people. If you want to see the epitome of organization, take a look at the way people stack their wood in Bavaria for the winter. It is the definition of perfect. Not one log longer than another. Not one log not in perfect order with the others.

This incident has to be a very, very difficult blow to them.

In the US, we have so many crazies running around, shooting children in school and workplaces and in the streets. We tend to be a bit more acclimated to this kind of news. I can tell the Germans are absolutely blown away by this event.
edit on 26-3-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM

Suicides at sea may seem like an unrelated topic, but suicide is not always preplanned. I suffer from major depression and I have had moments, where if I wasn't safe in my house, if there were a cliff - I would have done it.

There are a handful of suicides at sea almost every year and this is not the fault of the cruise industry, but just a matter of a few predisposed individuals taking advantage of the circumstances. But there are too many cases where these suicides appear to be somewhat impulsive, and that really concerns me.

It isn’t the cruise or the ship that enables the suicide – it is the water surrounding ship. That may sound a bit haughty, but I don’t mean it that way. I am very serious about the following point…

The first time I boarded a cruise ship, I was in awe of the beauty and power of the open sea and the marvel of human engineering that enabled me to traverse and even thrive in one of the world’s least hospitable environments, the open ocean, which covers three-fifths of our planet.

I was filled with a rare combination of admiration and fear as any mortal faced with something so mighty feels. I instinctively knew my life would end if I yielded all self-control and put myself overboard.

If you have already been on a ship you already know what mean. There are certain sights that evoke this same terrible admiration in us; looking over the edge of the Grand Canyon, walking across the Golden Gate Bridge or going to the observation platform on the Empire State Building. I believe it is a normal human reaction to look at these sights and wonder what it would be like to fall.

These are places where people who have severe, possibly uncontrollable thoughts of suicide should never go. If anyone I knew had attempted suicide in the last two years and he told me he was considering his first cruise, I would counsel him against it.

Studies of suicide have proven one significant fact that helps explain why cruise ships have been involved in suicides. The studies say that the availability of a method to commit suicide increases the incidence of suicide by five times. The image of the open sea is a very compelling picture to someone with suicidal thoughts. And it only takes a split second to take the irreversible action of putting one’s self overboard.

There's also the possibility of dying by degrees - tempting fate.

"What if I do this? If he gets back in time, I'll stop. If I hear someone, if this or that happens - I won't kill myself."

It's the opposite of praying.

Suicide victims usually aren't thinking about others. For a man obsessed with flight, it isn't much of a stretch to think this was spontaneous. Humans are strange creatures.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
a reply to: FireflyStars

It appeared an ''opportune moment'' that he had perhaps considered in his mind many times over, as it might not have happened if the pilot did not ask for the co pilot taking control or go to the bathroom. It could have been a fleeting moment of anger or deep hurt or even in a trance state, caused by lack of sleep/ medication/ lack of medication /psychosis /neurosis when his own brain went into autopilot phase, hence the easy breathing and apparent lack of adrenalin or emotional responses.
edit on 26-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link more thing.

Has anyone thought about this: What if the pilot never went to the bathroom. Would the pilot have waited for another opportunity on another flight? Would he have commandeered the flight with the pilot sitting there? Was this just a crime of opportunity?

I read that halfway through the flight, the co-pilot was answering the questions from the pilot in a very terse way. They said his demeanor changed. He wasn't as friendly. Was he planning on having to fight the pilot? He didn't know at that point if the pilot would go to the bathroom or not.

Was he secretely relieved that the pilot went to the bathroom, because it made things easy for him?

Or would he have just postponed this crazy action until a better time?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM

originally posted by: RidgeWalker

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RidgeWalker

All that is considered during an investigation. That's one reason it can take a year or more for a report. They even interview the family to see how much sleep they got the night before.

There is also the possibility that he simply cracked. That happens. A person may seem normal, but no one else really knows what is going on between his ears.

orrrrr..........a high-value person was on this flight, and the co-pilot was instructed it was his time to crash the plane, or his family would all be murdered back in Germany...maybe that's what he was doing during his "break" from training. he was being tortured and was instructed that at a future time, he will have to do this to save his family.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Rocker2013

If that's the case, then the 'protection of that cockpit' just killed 150 people.

If that's true then it's ludicrous, if the pilots didn't have keys, would there not have been some kind of security key pad outside the cockpit door?

The Airbus planes are highly computerised (unfortunately running Windows). The last time I flew in one a couple of weeks ago (although not with that airline), I seem to recall that there was a standard entry keypad just beside the door.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
a reply to: MRuss

You hit on a good point there with the change in how he was speaking, becoming very curt, I hadn't considered he might of been planing to have to fight the other pilot.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
This is cold, real cold. Suicide? Who could sit there piloting an aircraft calmly for 8 minutes knowing they are going to kill 149 other people including children all because THEY wanted to commit suicide. This is a cold blooded and calculated murder of 149 people, he wanted to kill all them people.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
I am left to Airbus crashes, a plane that's predominantely engineered in France. The A320 is a damned workhorse, with more than 6000 of them being in operation worldwide. The plane crashes in France, there is nothing but tiny pieces of *anything* that was on that aircraft left, it will take months or years to puzzle them together...and after two days, we are presented a "lone suicidal wolf" and an explanation, without the second recorder even having been examined or any of the voice recordings having been published?

There are very grave economical implications connected to this horrible crash if it was, in fact, a mechanical issue that can be traced back to the airline or the manufacturer. Please understand that I am not implying anything and one explanation is as horrible as the other, it just feels like the reasoning given is a very fast, very "easy" and "simple" way out without having to dig too deeply and risk whatever.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
So now there is easter holidays in germany, would not be good for the business of Germanwings/Lufthansa, if not the dead pilot is accused of massmurder.
I smell BS. They told us from the first minute in germany: Germanwings is safe, Lufthansa is safe, Airbus is safe, again and again... The more often you tell people a lie, the more people will believe it!
I just watched MSM-News. it´s horrible, 9/11 was a joke against whats happening in the german media now. I bet they are happy, can cover bad things while this tragedy is in the interest of the people. They are making money with the poor relatives of the victims, its a shame.
The MSM tell us right now that it clearly was a suicide by the pilot, as when they had been in that cockpit with him. Nobody is talking about the three french mirage fighters that were seen by people from the ground, and even a french minister, Ségolène Royal, stated that there was at least one mirage fighter at the crashsite at the time of the crash.
Politicians and "Experts"(don´t know where all these so called "experts" come from now) said: It might be, maybe possible, would maybe make sense(suicide), and seconds later they(MSM) do as when this was the only one truth that can be.
I don´t think they have been shotdown, but i can´t believe that suicide story too.
I guess it would be bad for Germanwings/Lufthansa, if the truth would come to the light.
I´m sorry for my english

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
a reply to: BRDAKUT

One crash does not make it unsafe. Sooner or later the odds catch up to every aircraft operator.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: my1percent
a reply to: IAMTAT

If that theory is so , why did no passengers text or call the outside world on their phones?

Excellent point...did we hear of ANY passenger texts yet? Was there service in this remote area?

Regardless, there is never service at flight levels and rarely ever around mountain tops in the Alps.

Mobile coverage is directed at ground level. I don't know about you, but I've left my mobile on a few times (shame on me) just to see how soon mobile (or "cell phone" for those in the USA, although I thought inmates weren't allowed to possess mobile phones). It happens quite rapidly, in fact. Within 30 seconds after leaving ground level there is no more mobile coverage.

Now, let's discuss those alleged mobile phone calls at the 9/11 incident...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

But the code thing was the emergency procedure. Supposedly the only other entrance is out of the cockpit, bolted from entry into it.

I just think if it is terrorism, the nose would have been put down rather steeply.

I just think that many things we call "terrorism" isn't. From the dictionary:

- the use of extreme fear to intimidate people: weapons of terror.
- a person or thing that causes extreme fear: his delivery is the terror of even world-class batsmen.
- a person, especially a child, that causes trouble or annoyance.

I just realised that under the dictionary definition, the TSA could be classified as a terror organisation.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM

originally posted by: moniker

Regardless, there is never service at flight levels and rarely ever around mountain tops in the Alps.

Mobile coverage is directed at ground level. I don't know about you, but I've left my mobile on a few times (shame on me) just to see how soon mobile (or "cell phone" for those in the USA, although I thought inmates weren't allowed to possess mobile phones). It happens quite rapidly, in fact. Within 30 seconds after leaving ground level there is no more mobile coverage.

Now, let's discuss those alleged mobile phone calls at the 9/11 incident...

i just wrote the same thing on another thread. Poor guys are so conditioned with 9-11 texts and calls they now ask themselves how come nobody called home in Europe. It's funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
a reply to: BRDAKUT

Pointless to make a conspiracy out of such things. This is not a warzone like the last year's shot down plane of Malaysia airlines. What do you suggest they did?

Considering how common it is on the ground (and in the air) to take down innocent people along with suicide (see the shooters who shoot then shoot themselves), there should be no doubt the pilot decided to end this, as he locked himself.

Or if you think the pilot could have been a terrorist, then why would they not mention it? They did so with any other of that kind.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>