It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: ET and DNA

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
Where is this from? Has this been officially authenticated?
When I search "alien abduction" on youtube, it's on the list of results that comes up. It's a documentary, presumably a re-enactment. Here's the full screencap showing the documentary name:

I never claimed it was genuine, I merely posted it to answer the question about what the camera might capture if an abduction did take place.

If someone did have genuine video like this, it would certainly address the concerns of many skeptics about these abduction reports, but I've never seen a genuine video so that's why I suggested people being abducted more than once should set up cameras. Or if someone is worried about an abduction they could set one up in anticipation.

By the way if you can hide cameras in various objects as we do with nanny cams, you could do the same thing with the cam recording your abduction experience. The alien might be less likely to see the camera that way, if you're worried about the alien not liking the camera. Well it works for nanny cams. Aliens may be way smarter than nannies, but they still might not have X-ray vision and might not be able to tell you've got a hidden camera.

In fairness to Arbitrageur, he never indicated he thought it was genuine.

And yes, aliens are way smarter than nannies.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Back on topic...

Is DeGrasse his maiden name?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
Maiden name of his dad's mum.
He was never much of a maiden.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Scdfa

It's actually "accept", Jade, not "except".

Its actually obnoxious when you do that and particularly when you struggle with enough on your own. Like not quite getting the quote function.

Everybody makes mistakes. But my inability to use the quote function may be the result of "fowl play".

yes, that is very clever four the third time now and I still have know idea what you meen. But what I find interesting is your reluctance to correct anyone you agree with so you obviously do it just to be annoying while at the same time deflect from the discussion. Then when you cant find any spelling mistakes you go on to the "I'm just going to ignore you routine." Its probably about time to move on with the pointless dialogue. Why not just try having a normal discussion? Maybe you will actually raise someone's awareness without actually having to announce it first. How many awarenesses do you suspect you raised by now anyway? I am sure you are confirming biases left and right though while getting your own beliefs confirmed at the same time. I am pretty sure that is all that is happening anyway and there is nothing wrong with that. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

By the way if you can hide cameras in various objects as we do with nanny cams, you could do the same thing with the cam recording your abduction experience. The alien might be less likely to see the camera that way, if you're worried about the alien not liking the camera. Well it works for nanny cams. Aliens may be way smarter than nannies, but they still might not have X-ray vision and might not be able to tell you've got a hidden camera.

There are all kinds of things you can do with cams now. USB cams are really cheap now and there is a whole variety of wireless network cams now too. And then you can get all kinds of sensors. You can get a motion sensor for about 10 dollars that you could hook up to turn on other cams. If I was getting abducted, there would literally be an array of cams and sensors around my whole property....That's what I don't get. People are being taken from their homes by aliens from another planet repeatedly and they do nothing?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Its actually obnoxious when you do that and particularly when you struggle with enough on your own. Like not quite getting the quote function.

Everybody makes mistakes. But my inability to use the quote function may be the result of "fowl play".

yes, that is very clever four the third time now and I still have know idea what you meen. But what I find interesting is your reluctance to correct anyone you agree with so you obviously do it just to be annoying while at the same time deflect from the discussion. Then when you cant find any spelling mistakes you go on to the "I'm just going to ignore you routine." Its probably about time to move on with the pointless dialogue. Why not just try having a normal discussion? Maybe you will actually raise someone's awareness without actually having to announce it first. How many awarenesses do you suspect you raised by now anyway? I am sure you are confirming biases left and right though while getting your own beliefs confirmed at the same time. I am pretty sure that is all that is happening anyway and there is nothing wrong with that. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

I'm trying to avoid fanning the flames of this poster's obsession with me. This is actually his 140th post either to me or about me. I kid you not.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I'm trying to avoid fanning the flames of this poster's obsession with me. This is actually his 140th post either to me or about me. I kid you not.

If you counted his posts, it leads one to wonder who actually has the "obsession" here.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

So you have more? Seems like you respond to every one. Anyway, instead of counting my posts, why not comment on why having an redundant array of sensors and cams couldn't work for capturing abduction activity. These are physically real events, correct?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

By posting this?

Try counting your unbeliever/denier/debunker rants if you're that interested in numbers and obsessions.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

By posting this?

Try counting your unbeliever/denier/debunker rants if you're that interested in numbers and obsessions.

621 as of 3:30 AM. On a related note, I ran out of pins to wrap my strings around and the space on the cork board is almost gone. Its probably time to get a fresh ink cartridge tooo because the ATS background uses up all the black ink.
edit on 25-3-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

If you counted his posts, it leads one to wonder who actually has the "obsession" here.

Harte

edit on 25-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

By posting this?

I'm sorry, but I will not stoop to the level of argument with these posters. If they must insult me, then let them, if they feel that is a productive use of their time. And one poster certainly must feel that way, to chalk up 140 posts. Not a huge percentage of his 4,170 total, but still substantial. I have asked that poster politely to not write to me, several times, but I understand this is a free and open forum, and he has every right to post what he wants.

I don't blame them for reacting to me with anger. I state my case effectively and clearly, and the events of my life are frightening to people who wish alien contact was not real.

But I'm only the messenger, folks. Silencing me won't change the way things are, it will only make it a little easier to pretend they aren't.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good. Now that you got that off your chest, can we get back to the discussion? I am curious as to why a series of security cams wouldn't be effective at establishing claims of abduction. Any comments that are on topic?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So you have more? Seems like you respond to every one. Anyway, instead of counting my posts, why not comment on why having an redundant array of sensors and cams couldn't work for capturing abduction activity. These are physically real events, correct?

First, Hot Tuna was an excellent band, especially acoustic. Now to get back on topic.

I don't know either way if such a thing would work or not work, but there are some factors to consider.

It seems that nearby UFO activity can cause disruption and failure of electronic devices of all sorts, including cameras and even batteries. That could be problematic to your proposal.

Also, the aliens can read minds, even from a great distance. This too might make things difficult.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If you have a system that is stable 99.9% of time or even higher under normal conditions and then have a failure that coincides with an event, then you have a pretty good idea that its something that's not a sleep disorder or anything else along those lines. you could also have remote monitoring system in place. Everyone is already hooked into the internet already so it would be quite easy to have a remote system to ping the IP address and when the router or modem goes down, the system will know instantly which could trigger remote infrared cameras which I understand can pick up ufo activity.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't know either way if such a thing would work or not work, but there are some factors to consider.

It seems that nearby UFO activity can cause disruption and failure of electronic devices of all sorts, including cameras and even batteries. That could be problematic to your proposal.

I wonder. Does this sort of thing correlate in any way with the idea that it "seems" that psychic powers suddenly fail to manifest if there is a skeptic in the room?

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I wonder. Does this sort of thing correlate in any way with the idea that it "seems" that psychic powers suddenly fail to manifest if there is a skeptic in the room?

Harte

But wait, I'm a skeptic. I'm skeptical of a great many things discussed here in ATS forums.

Or are you limiting your question to only those who are skeptical of UFOs and alien abductions?

But wait, I'm skeptical of many UFOs and abductions.

Could you state your question more clearly?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Harte

Maybe but this is a little different I think. If systems fail every time something else occurs, we are way ahead of the game here. Even if this system deters intruders from abducting people, we have accomplished something. So its one of those win win situations which is why I wonder why there isn't more abductees doing this kind of thing. And as far as mind reading, David Jacobs has used post hypnotic suggestions to throw hybrids off his trail and that may have worked since the hybrids never caught him as far as I know.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

First, Hot Tuna was an excellent band, especially acoustic. Now to get back on topic.

Also, the aliens can read minds, even from a great distance. This too might make things difficult.

I'm not so sure...

If One were to use their PC as a part of the abduction capturing device; the presence of a reboot in the system logs might be significant. Especially if there is not a good underlying system reason for the reboot.

The use of One's PC would also prevent the actions of any mind reading/control.

This whole thing sounds like a good idea to me...

Another wee point; ET is only a sentient being, just like you; you can in fact out smart him!

edit on 25-3-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Exactly. Even abductee researcher Dr. M. Jacobs mentioned that UFOs have effects on electronic devices during the course of this video.

As to why there is no physical evidence, I believe I may have a few answers here as to why there is none available.
They come from Art Greenfield's book called "Warning The Alien Agenda Revealed".

I have endeavored to include enough technical information in this book to satisfy those people who want proof of a type that would normally only be found in scientific peer reviewed journals. The only problem with the subjects covered in Ufology is that any alien hardware that is permanently brought down to earth is quickly scooped up by military rapid response teams. As a result only government scientists and engineers ever get to scientifically examine alien technology, and they are not allowed to publish anything they find out. As a result, I have had to provide technical information about alien technology from the other side of the equation. The output side, where alien technology has already been back-engineered by government employed engineers. It’s then turned over to and copied by American industry, patented, and produced.

Detailed patent descriptions of functioning advanced equipment are as close as you can get to scientific articles about how the alien technology works. Besides if the equipment is already working, there is no need to test it in a lab and publish findings to prove that it works to someone who is skeptical. This advanced equipment is beyond theory, hypothesis and research and development.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

So there you go.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join