It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.3 million year old vehicle tracks found in Turkey

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Trade route perhaps?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

By far the best explanation so far, the worn rut's in the street's of herculaneum and pompei were actually not that old either, at least at the time they were made.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
If they were pulled by animals, you'd expect hoof marks in the middle as well. Very interesting.

It is obvious for us to assume that these tracks were made by wheels, just because the print looks familiar to us. But has it really..?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

the human race is so arrogant to believe we are the first to do everything we are the top of the food chain,the smartest in the universe or for some the only... blah blah blah. it's not new we haven't discovered anything that wasn't done in the past... doesn't history repeats itself? what we are told officially,I believe, is for the most part b.s.
I think we only rediscovered all that is,in fact we are probably way behind compared to past histories.

I do find all this very fascinating though

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buddhism

Maybe you should save your highly sharpened sarcasm for AFTER you have visited this sight for a while and earned the right to be a smart-a**

just sayin...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Go to the head of the class, Masterjaden . You seem to be the only one who's thinking logically. Of course, the dating methods used are as reliable as a US govt social program. No, that rock is not "MILLIONS of years old". That's just the lie evolutionists tell because they need a ridiculous amount of time for their religion of Life creating itself to work. It'd be interesting to research these tracks but "mainstream" science can't be trusted because they inevitably will try to spin it from the stupid evolutionists' point of view. There are lots of ooparts across the globe that absolutely refute the fantasy of evolution, this just being one.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
YEC's always crack me up, although sometimes it is hard to tell if they aren't actually Atheists playing at Poe with ludicrous statements.

I am surprised this thread is still debating the topic. It is known the tracks wer made in Tufa Stone the video even admits it.

Tufa is very soft and it wouldn't take much to make tracks in it even now.

As far as I am concerned the non-mystery has been solved.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yes thank you, I never heard of this. I believe your right, this wouldn't fit into history or archeology. What if civilization kept coming and going coming and going on this planet and off. As one person said you mean to tell me no other species of anything on this planet didn't come up with intelligenc but just men and men only around 10,000 year ago (really only 6,000 but they found Goblie Tepe). No, I think the powers that be know exactly what has been going on with this planet and what we are.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: Flatcoat
If they were pulled by animals, you'd expect hoof marks in the middle as well. Very interesting.

It is obvious for us to assume that these tracks were made by wheels, just because the print looks familiar to us. But has it really..?

A very logical observation, and a significant one at that.

I haven't seen any comparisons made between the "Tracks" of Oregon, Turkey, and Malta. It should be interesting to compare the dimensions, depth, width, radius's etc.

As you point out, what we see is the footprint, not the foot.

Our modern day tire tracks have tread in them to assist in traction. But these show none that I can see. Which means what ever it was, was not driven by the wheels, if that is what we are seeing. So, that means its locomotive force may or may not have been part of this "Apparatus".

For those of you who wish to follow the natural cause, be my guest. Entertain any theory that fits the facts, but don't try to force it. Live and let live.

For those who wish to consider these tracks are of some type of intelligence, I would offer this. The tracks in Malta show a symmetry such as many lay next to each other, to cover a area. I read somewhere these tracks were laid in volcanic ash. Someone mentioned water or irrigation, but sometimes ruts or ditches are used to divert water as well, in order to control erosion. Similar to stepping a sloping hill side.

It could have been a type of scientific package we are unfamiliar with. The possibilities are intriguing.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

This just proves that the dating of rocks and stone is not accurate, does not work and is not real science.

My 2 cents

Actually the dating of the rocks/stone was likely accurate. What you CAN'T do is date the tracks since they could have been made/worn in at any time since the rock was there.

But likely that does not fit your creationist view.....so let's just say that god created the tracks on the 3rd day.../sarcasm

** ding ding ding...........& there is my 1st nasal coffee blow for the day !!!!! ****** Now to clean this famn aticky ley noard ~!!! Lol !!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The Malta 'Cart ruts' as they're called there, also have other interesting features alongside or nearby them.

There are areas with many limestone triangles and perfect limestone squares laid out amongst the 'tracks' or 'ruts'.

These are not explained either, but add to the mystery.

Speculating, these may be remnants of the civilisation that built the Malta Hypogeum, the mysterious and advanced system of carved out, underground rock structures, thought to be around 6000 years old.

With the ruts that seem to criss-cross a large part of the Island of Malta, some of them leading down and into the sea having been made before the sea level rose to submerge them, it's a personal pet theory of mine, that these lines carved into the ground, together with the series of triangles and squares that run from them, among them and beside them seem to make (and this isn't tested) a detailed, ground level map of the stars above them at that time roughly 6,000 - 10,000 years ago (+/-).

Think constellations connected by lines, that might be what we're dealing with in Turkey too..a kind of large scale star constellation map on the ground. Perhaps the Hypogeum was meant to represent our system among the other stars?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Who made these tracks, and why are they not publically discussed by mainstream archeologists? Because they don't fit the current history of human kind, perhaps?

-MM

Because eeeerrrr they aren't working on it as a site? Or they don't know as they haven't researched it, so they don't start yelling aliens as a immediate solution, they politely look into it first before flapping their lips.

lol @ the evil archaeologists that hide "stuff" wouldn't the site be hidden or destroyed if it was considered part to some imaginary agenda to hide imagined history rather than left in the open for anyone to see?

Archaeologists don't sit around and plot to "hide" history from you. They get paid pennies to slave in crappy weather exposed outdoors to dig in dirt. There is no men in black with machine guns pointing at them to hide history. They go back and write papers in the shoebox office, then release findings for peer review.
@@

edit on 22-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Archaeologists don't sit around and plot to "hide" history from you. They get paid pennies to slave in crappy weather exposed outdoors to dig in dirt. There is no men in black with machine guns pointing at them to hide history. They go back and write papers in the shoebox office, then release findings for peer review.
I suppose in a general perspective you are correct. Guarding sites with machine guns is a bit toooo visual if your trying to hide something.

What the government does do is grab the site and close it, or even occupy it so it cant be explored. A couple of instances I can remember is down in Antarctica when the NSA shut down a discovery.

The Very Strange Case Of The NSA And Lake Vostok In Antarctica

www.livescience.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Then you have the very strange tale of Palmyra atoll. Now completely controlled by the US government, and off limits to the general public.

It has on it archeological ruins and, it had what appeared to be a very large barge of typ's, (Dubed Noah's Ark in photo near barge) but you can no longer see it, because it has been removed. Go to Google Earth 2009, its still there, but gone in 2014. No machine guns, they just grabbed it.

Exact coordinates are 5 52'42.68" N 162 06' 25.95" W

And while your in the area read up on Malden Island and its ruins...

Generally, your statement is correct, except I wouldn't put government archeologists in the same league with all the rest.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing EyePalmyra Update, and correction. It appears it was a WWII barge that was abandon.

It looks like the Palmyra Atoll mystery is actually centered around a 19 century tale of Inca gold buried on the atoll.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Although it may be rock, is the rock hard or soft? Some sand stones are easily cut minimal tools and effort and with constant cart use, ruts would appear in a very short period of time. In the USA, the pioneer period produced similar ruts across bedrock (1840-1914), which were made by the constant wagon traffic of the settlers heading west. These were made over a 70+ year period, although the carts/wagons did have iron rims. However, the animals pulling the wagons did not have difficulty moving over the stone surface in the USA, nor did they create ruts of their own. Given one or two hundred years of heavy cart use would probably create a similar effect if the rock was a sand stone or a similar soft stone.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Some kinda weird water run off like the mars tunnel??
in any case it's as weird as the moving rocks in one of those desert states.

What is that image ? What scale is it?

Reminds me of a crinoid fossils.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation It looks like whatever it was was heavy. I dont see any tread marks so probably a solid wheel of some type. Nor do i see any means of power like hoarse or donkey tracks as in hoarse or donkey drawn cart. Was it self propelled? That is amazing. Another story i heard a long these same lines is out in the mid west of the USA they were mining for coal. While tuneling they suddenly broke through to a pre existing coal mine that showed signs of modern mining only the coal mine had not been used for thousands of years. They asked the native indians and they said as long as they had been there no one has mined.

edit on 30-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe I think you are on to something. If you look at the first picture the tracks seem to extend onto grassy ground. So they probabky were worn away over time and still being used today. The only way they will know is to examine the groves for weathering.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

This evidences very interesting for those area. Because known Frigian civilation at 2000BC near that zone.

edit on 2 4 2015 by giftgi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join