It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.3 million year old vehicle tracks found in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hundreds of vehicle tracks in bedrock have been found recently in Turkey, the bedrock has been dated to 5.3 million years old. The stone was perhaps soft and mudlike millions of years ago before turning into a hard rock.

Who made these tracks, and why are they not publically discussed by mainstream archeologists? Because they don't fit the current history of human kind, perhaps?

Image source and many more images found here.

Youtube video:

-MM
edit on 17-3-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have never seen these before. Thank you!
Makes one wonder when intelligent life really started on this planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting , and thanks . At that time , the Pliocene I think , man's very earliest ancestors were developing (bipedal creatures) . As I have a great interest in OOPARTS , this requires further research

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

No denying those really look like tracks left by vehicles. In that case, these are not really our doings.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
The stone was perhaps soft and mudlike millions of years ago before turning into a hard rock.

The tracks of tanks or other heavy army vehicles wearing away relatively soft sandstone?

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting, but while the stone is 5.3 millions years old, why do the tracks have to be?

Here is an earlier thread on a similar occurrence:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Hundreds of vehicle tracks in bedrock have been found recently in Turkey, the bedrock has been dated to 5.3 million years old. The stone was perhaps soft and mudlike millions of years ago before turning into a hard rock.

Who made these tracks, and why are they not publically discussed by mainstream archeologists? Because they don't fit the current history of human kind, perhaps?

Image source and many more images found here.

Youtube video:

-MM

Is it the Alien version of the Mars Rover?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My head wants to argue that these were irrigation ditches because surely they didn't have equipment that could ride through mud like that way back when, but I can't think of how they would get through that unless they were powered by dinosaurs or something. It's a mind-blower for sure. Great find, OP! I love stuff like this.

Ah ok, sledge tracks could go that deep probably, right?
edit on 17-3-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If they were pulled by animals, you'd expect hoof marks in the middle as well. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
My head wants to argue that these were irrigation ditches because surely they didn't have equipment that could ride through mud like that way back when, but I can't think of how they would get through that unless they were powered by dinosaurs or something. It's a mind-blower for sure. Great find, OP! I love stuff like this.

I don't think these were formed back when it was mud. If that was the case then we should see footprints or other markings in these ruts.

I think they were formed after the rock had hardened, similar to the way that the other thread I referenced says they may have been done.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If they were pulled by dinosaurs , who did the hitching , made the wheels or guided ? At that time it was only "bipedal animals" not even close to the start of man ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interesting find. It may have explained it in the video, can't watch it at work but where do these tracks end?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Not heard of these before, and couldnt say off hand when or why they were carved or worn into the bedrock, but I am reminded of the carts ruts on Malta

www.cartrutsmalta.com...

Not sure why anyone would assume they were made at the bottom of a Pliocene ocean though?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you read the article that your source quotes and wrote himself, he states that these are cart paths likely worn or cut into the stone by the people that lived there long ago.

Article

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm with you. Here's a picture of some ruts from the Oregon Trail:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If "they" don't fit the current paradigm etc etc, then why trust the figure given as a date?

Is it because it fits your own paradigm? ...and do you think that this is something of a contradiction and an inconsistent approach to examining the evidence?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting, though as is, I highly doubt this accurate

The earth they are measuring / dating, has been estimated to that date. Whatever made the tracks, road on top that Earth, much more recently IMO.

Who yhe heck is riding around when they dem dinosaurs walking around

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

They can date tracks all of a sudden? WOW we are getting good....They dated the DIRT, or bedrock, which is probably wrong anyways, but they can't date the tracks....Believe what you would like to I guess....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

I'm still waiting for the first sign, if you want to go there...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Ah ok, sledge tracks could go that deep probably, right?

I don't think irrigation ditches could be the reason here and I believe that because you see one picture show a turnout, much like you would see in a train track, and I would think that if water were running through there, the very sharp points in the middle would be rounded or washed completely away, plus that configuration would not direct the water very well as the channels would get crossover flow since no obvious gates or other technology are displayed to keep the channels separate. Just my take on this.

edit on 17-3-2015 by evc1shop because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join