It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of snow geese die-in air! Another BS excuse laid out.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I'm not dismissing it. It doesn't exist. There is no consciousness in a bird higher or lower. They are totally self unaware. Don't give them qualities they simply do not possess.

Really ...thanks for the giggle....i dont suppose you can back up that with anything other than conjecture ?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Your not a very nice person are you ?

Well i am an honest chap just enjoying reading the threads and contributing my little bit when i feel like it.

Your so disrespectful who are you to judge ? seriously what makes you the worlds best thread responder lol

It matters not what you say, your just trolling me, thanks for that, your the first person on any thread that has
responded like that, looking at your edgey responses to peoples comments says it all really.

These threads are for any member to comment and not expect to be assaulted by the likes of you.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is NOT BS. Unfortunately, avian diseases affect majority of flocks in one area. Here in Northern Utah avian disease gets the Seagulls every year and many die at once. Last winter most of the Bald Eagles were struck with West Nile Virus and thousands of them died within a couple week span and they most likely picked it up from another bird that they ate. It's also possible that the 2000 geese picked it up before they arrived at the spot they were found dead.

So, birds are NOT falling out of the sky due to government or methane. Nor anything else you guys can come up with. Birds travel in flocks and they are very close together, eating off the same source of food....It's sad, but it happens. Hundreds to thousands can die in a short amount of time. If you don't know much about birds, then I suggest you pay more attention to them?

In fact I have to bring this up....I was at a bird refuge where the snow geese stop through during migration here in Utah (they stay a few weeks and then move on) (This could also be part of the same group that was found dead) and I noticed a lone snow geese on the side of the dike; it looked confused and waddled slowly. Heck, it's possible that it was already affected by an avian disease.

From the articles posted about it, looks like Avian Cholera, which would also affect any other wildlife that eat the dead birds. Just like West Nile Virus.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just a note, in my prior post I stated that I was glad that facts now show that the birds all died at the same time in a path, but had meant to say that I am glad the facts show that they did NOT all die at the same time.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, if the results from the labs comes back and does not find avian flue, then there would be a problemo.
I would expect that the EPA and or WHO would send atmospheric monitor aircraft along the route that those geese would take as the next step, if any.

edit on 22-3-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well it should actually come back as avian cholera not flu. Different disease all together. a reply to: charlyv

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

edit on 3222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's fact not conjecture. Animals are not self aware.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Well it should actually come back as avian cholera not flu. Different disease all together. a reply to: charlyv

Yea, thanks. Avian flu seems to slip off the tongue. Thats what we get.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'll raise a glass to you too!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yeah it was mentioned and we sure hear more about avian flu than avian cholera so that slip is forgivable. LOL.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very strange. I was out helping a neighbor working on his vehicle days before this happen and we saw a huge flock of geese flying over and heading east towards Idaho. We jokingly yelled out.. Hey you guys are flying the wrong direction! Maybe it has something to do with the magnetic pole?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I am not sure.....

Thus, there are shades of gray and not black-and-white differences between humans and other animals in cognitive abilities. So, while animals might not ponder life and death the way humans do, they still may have some sense of self. After decades of studying animals ranging from coyotes and gray wolves to domestic dogs and Adelie penguins and other birds, I've come to the conclusion that not only are some animals self-aware, but also that there are degrees of self-awareness.

www.livescience.com...

There are plenty of studies that show otherwise...and as explained just because many animals fail the mirror test does not conclusively prove they are not self aware

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Described in the May issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the study found that dolphins not only can recognize themselves in a mirror but also can notice changes in their appearance.

Prior to this research, only higher primates, such humans and chimpanzees, had demonstrated self-recognition in mirrors

[url=http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/05/0502_dolphinvanity.html]http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/05/0502_dolphinvanity.html[/ url]

edit on 22-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I guess the word "May" equals "does" now.
Forgive me if I'm not up on all the latest "studies" there's always going to be someone who thinks differently.
Common knowledge has always been that animals are not self aware.
This whole off topic trend started when someone said there was a lead goose planning the trip and telling the other geese the way to go.
I'm sorry but this is where it ends for me.
It was avian cholera .
End of story.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: msallo

Dolphins are not geese. The subject was these birds. The term bird brain doesn't mean genius..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

dolphins and chimpanzees are animals

you said "Animals are not self aware"

or you can admit the world is passing you by with all its new "studies" and all that

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

But, they have increased in numbers over the past few years.

OMG, so have chemtrails or contrail, Fireballs and just about everything else discussed on ATS including sighting a second sun.

Now for the subjects that have a place in reality why doesn't the logical explanation make any sense that there is more sightings and recordings and claims of such things because there is more observation going on or for contrails there are more planes flying, Fire balls more people reporting due to more people watching the skies.

Not saying this case isn't a mystery or not saying that a avian disease couldn't be the cause, but the increasing in recent times comments just blow my mind when nothing is shown other than increasing reports not actually the events are increasing, which in my mind says that its logical there will be an increase of such things when there is an increase in observation. Other things that are said to be increasing are shown that in recent times they are increasing but the data is so small thats its illogical to say that they are increasing overall as certain things have been happening for as long as humans have been around and recordings of such things on a larger scale is only a minute percentage of time that certain things have been seen to happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just try to focus on one thing at a time. I'm not a vet I'm not studying animal behaviour and I'd bet you only just learned that when you googled animal awareness. I can Google too sweety.
But for the record I already knew about apes and their intelligence. I'm also aware that they are studying dolphins and whales as they display language skills and show high intelligence.
For this discussion I was referring to all those lesser animals that are not self aware.
Satisfied now?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just try to focus on one thing at a time. I'm not a vet I'm not studying animal behaviour and I'd bet you only just learned that when you googled animal awareness. I can Google too sweety.
But for the record I already knew about apes and their intelligence. I'm also aware that they are studying dolphins and whales as they display language skills and show high intelligence.
For this discussion I was referring to all those lesser animals that are not self aware.
Satisfied now?

I did know but a quick google, less catnip, and more clarity from you couldve saved us a lot of time

But while youre reevaluating things i suggest you start with your favorite and google talking birds or such
edit on 23-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join