It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of snow geese die-in air! Another BS excuse laid out.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't have the data yet, but I remember when the flocks died a few years back near OK and they claimed it was fireworks....

After conducting a thorough investigation it became known that the exact same event occurred on the exact opposite side of the planet (Western AU) at the exact same time!

To me, personally that story smelt more like an electrical static discharge from the Earth's core, than fireworks or methane. The events in OK and Western AU occurred within 24 hours of a major solar storm arriving in the Earth's magnetosphere adding a ton of protons in the form of Solar wind to the Earth's magnetosphere (seen on Earth as Aurora's).

I don't have a working model up yet for how this can work but it seems within 24 hours after a major solar storm shock to the Earth's magnetosphere, the Earth's core does a "discharge" of sorts (like a static discharge on your PC at home), when that vent happens, any bird flying over top of the location of the discharge (two locations on opposite side of the planet) dies from the impact and falls to the Earth dead.

It is way too early to prove anything, but each time this has occurred it occurred within 24 hours of a solar storm.

Unfortunately the opposite side of the Earth from Mud Lake ID is ocean water, so we will not have the convenience of a second story from elsewhere to corroborate.

Just my observations, but there seems to be some sort of electrical/static cause for these flocks dying in mid flight at the same time, I just don't have the understanding yet as to how this phenomenon occurs from a method standpoint.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Are you a bird? Have you flown a migration before? Information about what direction to fly is only part of it. There is when to set out, stops along route, and the best or alternate routes including food and water. More experienced birds are definitely out front. This information is handed down generation to generation.

Same for land animal migrations like Elephants, wildebeest, whatever.

Your statement that any bird leads is as ignorant as going on a safari and leading it yourself. Thats for "guides" who know the terrain, landmarks and best trails.

Indeed this mass die off is because the rest of the birds followed the lead past their point of endurance.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So if I understand this correctly, the peracute form of fowl cholera is almost always fatal. And death occurs within 6 to 12 hours after infection. This disease is also very contagious.

If we assume that there is a single source of infection. And snow geese are documented as flying 50 miles per hour when migrating. That would mean that there should be a trail of dead birds 300 miles long. Of course the distribution of carcasses would not be uniform. It's likely that most would be found somewhere close to the 150 mile mark within that 300 mile range.

The biggest problem I see is that it will be quite difficult to locate all of the dead birds along a track that long. And given the infectiousness of this bacteria, isn't it likely that this could cause a much larger outbreak? Avian Cholera can infect all species of birds, including both wild and domestic. So, isn't it possible that an infection like this could ultimately affect humans as well? Of course, not from an infection perspective. But an infected domestic flock of chickens or turkeys has to be destroyed. So that would represent both a monetary loss for the farmer and a negative impact to domestic food supply.

dex

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Rezlooper

And mass animal die offs are not what is being discussed....this is avian die offs as in the OP.

No, what we are discussing is how the OP said to not believe this BS for an excuse. You say it's not BS and I say it is.

I can't account for other animal deaths, but birds can fly through a methane pocket with no problem. Can you point to a story where a mass avian death was researched and methane was the definitive cause? Why would that be something to hide? Methane gas has been attributed to whole villages dying near where the gas came from a volcanic lake/crater in the past.

I personally believe that it's plumes of hydrogen sulfide that are taking out these flocks of birds. This gas is erupting from these water sources just as methane and like the OP states, this happened near bodies of water. And no, methane is never given as a cause of these dieoffs. The reason we know of those past die offs in Cameroon is because it was new, and extremely rare back then, but escaping methane is no longer a rare event. It's happening through melting hydrates, fractured earth crust, sediments in lakes, permafrost thaw, fugitive methane through fracking just to name a few. It's not supposed to be happening like this and it threatens our existence...that is why they can't be forthcoming. Slowly, methane is gaining ground in the climate debate, but not fast enough, and the real dangers we face can't be acknowledged...not now, while they attempt to control it. I believe they did find a way back in the 90's to slow it down, investigated after those lakes in Cameroon killed all those people, but something set off methane release again in 2007, and "they" don't know what or why.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

And mass animal die offs are not what is being discussed....this is avian die offs as in the OP.

No, what we are discussing is how the OP said to not believe this BS for an excuse. You say it's not BS and I say it is.

I can't account for other animal deaths, but birds can fly through a methane pocket with no problem. Can you point to a story where a mass avian death was researched and methane was the definitive cause? Why would that be something to hide? Methane gas has been attributed to whole villages dying near where the gas came from a volcanic lake/crater in the past.

I personally believe that it's plumes of hydrogen sulfide that are taking out these flocks of birds. This gas is erupting from these water sources just as methane and like the OP states, this happened near bodies of water. And no, methane is never given as a cause of these dieoffs. The reason we know of those past die offs in Cameroon is because it was new, and extremely rare back then, but escaping methane is no longer a rare event. It's happening through melting hydrates, fractured earth crust, sediments in lakes, permafrost thaw, fugitive methane through fracking just to name a few. It's not supposed to be happening like this and it threatens our existence...that is why they can't be forthcoming. Slowly, methane is gaining ground in the climate debate, but not fast enough, and the real dangers we face can't be acknowledged...not now, while they attempt to control it. I believe they did find a way back in the 90's to slow it down, investigated after those lakes in Cameroon killed all those people, but something set off methane release again in 2007, and "they" don't know what or why.

How could it be hydrogen sulfide?

See, if all the naysayers on here can point to the one article and say all the birds were in one location as evidence (which the article clearly does not say), then I can go with the same mindset and say that the article said they dropped out of the air mid-flight and say that your hydrogen sulfide theory on this is incorrect as it is heavier than air and stays close to the ground and would have been nowhere near the birds in the air, therefore it could not have killed them.

See how that works when you only use the stated article to argue from without checking on previous deaths and how they occur and the likelihood that Avian Cholera is the cause is very high?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

There was a large solar storm over St. Patty's Day.. I don't know if it was close enough to this die off to play a role in your theory.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: jude11

I'm with you.

Seems like an absurd explanation. If that were the case, you'd think they would do one or a few at a time, over a distance traveled, not just boom - all fall at once.

Does it actually say anywhere they all died at ONCE

Like you would expect on here many JUMP to a conclusion on what they think, rather than what they read !

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh I comprehend it just fine. If he has 25k clients and is the best and considered an avian expert the he shouldn't mind having someone call to ask his opinion as he likely would have been called already on this case.

Question my motivation how? As in you have a paranoid delusion that I am a government shill trying to cover up 2000 birds dying of some mysterious or nefarious cause? Aliens? Monsanto? What's the angle? Because either would care if some conspiracy theorists were talking about it on a forum that will somehow suddenly expose a truth and change the world?

Now THAT would be ridiculous.

No I don't think you are a shill at all. Just ignorance with motivation and arrogance with a purpose

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh I comprehend it just fine. If he has 25k clients and is the best and considered an avian expert the he shouldn't mind having someone call to ask his opinion as he likely would have been called already on this case.

Question my motivation how? As in you have a paranoid delusion that I am a government shill trying to cover up 2000 birds dying of some mysterious or nefarious cause? Aliens? Monsanto? What's the angle? Because either would care if some conspiracy theorists were talking about it on a forum that will somehow suddenly expose a truth and change the world?

No I don't think you are a shill at all. Just ignorance with motivation and arrogance with a purpose

Says the guy who thinks it's plausible they flew into an invisible UFO and has expert avian vets on retainer....

But I can see how you'd mistake reasonable logic, based on past occurrences of the same thing, for arrogance with a purpose.

Still can't answer my questions though, so I'll leave the ignorant part up to you as I have provided plenty of evidence what your saying has no basis in fact.
edit on 3/18/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whenever I hear about anything like this, I think of H.A.A.R.P., which seems to have been conveniently brushed under the carpet of many conspiracy theory bulletin boards.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Says the guy who thinks it's plausible they flew into an invisible UFO and has expert avian vets on retainer....

But I can see how you'd mistake reasonable logic, based on past occurrences of the same thing, for arrogance with a purpose.

Still can't answer my questions though, so I'll leave the ignorant part up to you as I have provided plenty of evidence what your saying has no basis in fact.

I said something stealthy, I didn't say a UFO. Have you never heard of stealthy aircraft before? Guess not.. And if you even had a question worthy of being answered, I would have answered it. In fact, anytime you do wish to know anything feel free to ask.
On second thought, save it for someone who cares what you think, I sure don't.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
well we were hit with a sustantional
Coronal Mass Ejection recently ?
A BUNCH of magnetism in that mess.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here's part of the actual press release from Idaho Fish and Game:

Suspected Avian Cholera Outbreak Claims 2,000 Migrating Snow Geese

MUD LAKE - The Idaho Department of Fish & Game (IDFG) is reporting that during the past weekend staff and volunteers collected the carcasses of approximately 2,000 migrating snow geese that appeared to have succumbed to avian cholera and died while stopping at Mud Lake and Market Lake Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs), on their way back north to their nesting grounds in Northern Alaska. The carcasses were collected and will be incinerated so that other predatory and scavenger birds do not ingest the deadly bacteria. Results are not yet back from the IDFG Wildlife Laboratory to definitively confirm avian cholera, but apparent symptoms seem to indicate the disease. According to the United States Geographical Survey Health Laboratory, humans are not at a high risk of infection from the bacteria causing avian cholera.

The carcasses of a small number of snow geese were first reported at Camas National Wildlife Refuge near Dubois, Idaho. Closer inspection on Friday found higher numbers of dead birds at the Mud Lake WMA Area near Terreton, Idaho and a lesser amount at Market Lake WMA near Roberts, Idaho. The migratory birds were on the return leg of their migration from the southwestern United States and Mexico to their breeding grounds on the northern coast of Alaska. It is unknown at this time where the geese may have picked up the suspected bacteria. "Outbreaks of avian cholera have occurred sporadically in the region over the past few decades," said Upper Snake Regional Supervisor Steve Schmidt.

So it sounds like the geese died while they were stopped at the Wildlife Management areas, rather than falling out of the sky. But, since the incubation period for the disease is variable, why would they have all died in such close proximity? And given that each flock of these migrating geese are likely to use the same feeding grounds along the way, why isn't there a continuing die off all through the migration period? I would think that the location of the infection source would remain infectious for some time.

dex

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Here's part of the actual press release from Idaho Fish and Game:

Suspected Avian Cholera Outbreak Claims 2,000 Migrating Snow Geese

MUD LAKE - The Idaho Department of Fish & Game (IDFG) is reporting that during the past weekend staff and volunteers collected the carcasses of approximately 2,000 migrating snow geese that appeared to have succumbed to avian cholera and died while stopping at Mud Lake and Market Lake Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs), on their way back north to their nesting grounds in Northern Alaska. The carcasses were collected and will be incinerated so that other predatory and scavenger birds do not ingest the deadly bacteria. Results are not yet back from the IDFG Wildlife Laboratory to definitively confirm avian cholera, but apparent symptoms seem to indicate the disease. According to the United States Geographical Survey Health Laboratory, humans are not at a high risk of infection from the bacteria causing avian cholera.

The carcasses of a small number of snow geese were first reported at Camas National Wildlife Refuge near Dubois, Idaho. Closer inspection on Friday found higher numbers of dead birds at the Mud Lake WMA Area near Terreton, Idaho and a lesser amount at Market Lake WMA near Roberts, Idaho. The migratory birds were on the return leg of their migration from the southwestern United States and Mexico to their breeding grounds on the northern coast of Alaska. It is unknown at this time where the geese may have picked up the suspected bacteria. "Outbreaks of avian cholera have occurred sporadically in the region over the past few decades," said Upper Snake Regional Supervisor Steve Schmidt.

So it sounds like the geese died while they were stopped at the Wildlife Management areas, rather than falling out of the sky. But, since the incubation period for the disease is variable, why would they have all died in such close proximity? And given that each flock of these migrating geese are likely to use the same feeding grounds along the way, why isn't there a continuing die off all through the migration period? I would think that the location of the infection source would remain infectious for some time.

dex

Well...that concludes this story for me...spread across 3 cities in Idaho. So not all in one place.

And unless this invisible stealthy craft followed them only to kill more here and there, I'd say that successfully shoots that theory down.

Anywho....done on this thread. The wild speculation and outlandish claims from some here have wasted enough of my time.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh for god's sake, everyone be quiet and use the noggins a minute. Wild animals in general tend to carry disease. Birds in particular tend to be, in terms of diseases, VERY disease-ridden. Every domesticated bird owner knows this, I've had birds all my life and at any given point in the care of them over the years have always been told, explicitly, to never have a wild bird near a domesticated one if I was caring for a wild one. Reason being that the diseases they carry can be virulent, and catastrophically so to domesticated birds. This is why extreme caution & sanitary practices are highly advised when holding an injured bird for wildlife rehabbers to pick up.

Now keeping that in mind, why is a diseased flock so difficult a concept to grasp? What, have humans never been ravaged by disease before either? Have we not seen something rip through a human population? Yes, we have. It happens to animals, too. Keep in mind diseases can & do mutate into pervasive & virulent strains (have we forgotten Ebola?)

Gas my backside (and not the gas from it) Wait for the people who do necropsies on wildlife for a living to finish the work.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well said! I would give you ten stars if I could. Apparently reading comprehension is just as dead as those geese.

If tests show that this is avian cholera all the chicken flocks in the general area are in some serious danger.
Clearly, these folks don't know what caused the deaths so when asked they give their best guesstimate, the thing that seems most logical to them---a disease known to kill large numbers of fowl quickly.
Our area is part of the Mississippi River Fly-way and hosts millions of migratory waterfowl yearly. Perhaps it is different in Idaho but I've never seen a flight of geese have more than a few dozen geese. While it is true that they congregate in the thousands, I've never seen a flight contain hundreds, much less thousands.
One test I'd be interested in seeing would be DNA tests to see if the geese were all likely from the same flight and also if DNA tests could trace the pathogen.
This is a disease that will strike fear into the heart of a bird farmer because if it hits a flock they are all dead within 24 hours. Somewhere on the net there's a video of a chicken farmer who lost 30,000 chickens in 18 hours after infected wild starlings had gotten into his chicken house. Several thousand of the starlings were found dead along a nearby waterway.

I'm amazed at the vitriol --- in view of the fact that nobody can say at this point ---- and nobody has actually said anything other than a "likely" cause--- why these birds died. Now had someone witnessed this mass of poultry falling from the sky in a group---I'd say it was unlikely to be a disease but since they were scattered over a wide area and the comment that "they fell from the sky" was totally undocumented....I'm left to wonder why the immediate call of BS? The article plainly states that they were found in several locations. So....if you were the wildlife officers on the scene and were being pressed to say what caused these birds to die....and having ascertained that they didn't lie of being shot....what would be the next most likely suspect for cause of death? I'd bet dimes to donuts that when questioned their first answer was something along the lines of: "To be honest, I don't know but I suspect avian cholera." Face it, the reporter got a "cause" that could be googled and ran with the cholera simply because it is the most likely suspect in these cases.
Can we at least wait until the results of the sampling are in before we start calling names and being rude?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Avian cholera....... ye right

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Until the microbiology and histology results are in, and the disease is confirmed, there is really not a lot to talk about.

What we are seeing is ecological self-regulation. There is an overpopulation of snow geese. Logically, disease spreads quicker in dense populations. That is why these disease episodes are increasing. And it is actually good, because these geese are destroying their own habitat. Over the next few days, more birds will die.

And I would like to insist that these animals did not fall out of the sky all at once, nor in exactly the same spot. The occasional goose may have died in flight, but the majority will have succumbed while sitting near the river bank. (BTW, it is appalling to see how news agencies around the world blindly copy the '2000 geese fall out of the sky' story without checking with a biologist)

Some references:
* Snow Goose Chen caerulescens caerulescens overabundance increases avian cholera mortality in other species
* Too Many Snow Geese (with mention of avain cholera)
* Snow Goose Population Problem

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, veterinary pathologists are always trying to cover something up! They're the worst!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sweety, don't hold your breath. You're never going to get that vets information. If they even exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join