It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of snow geese die-in air! Another BS excuse laid out.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com... of snow geese suddenly die while flying...Hmm... Seems odd that thousands would die at the same time while flying. Wouldn't you think a few would die here and there along the way, but not all at once. I smell the gov't hand in this along with more electromagnetic experiments killing birds and fish--we're next. Sorry, just my electronically induced paranoia acting up again.

edit on 3/2/13 by w8tn4it because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
Thousands of snow geese suddenly die while flying...Hmm... Seems odd that thousands would die at the same time while flying. Wouldn't you think a few would die here and there along the way, but not all at once. I smell the gov't hand in this along with more electromagnetic experiments killing birds and fish--we're next. Sorry, just my electronically induced paranoia acting up again.

Links? How many and where did this occur?
edit on 3/17/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

w8 4 it..

Thousands of snow geese fall dead from sky in Idaho

It looks normalish to me.. I'm not sure how large an area this occured over, but it's saying 2000 found dead around "bodies of water" and a "wildlife management area." Sounds like it's spread out??
edit on 17-3-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Guessing you are talking about this story?

Source

MUD LAKE, Idaho (AP) — Wildlife officials say 2,000 migrating snow geese have died in eastern Idaho, likely from a disease that can cause birds to die in midflight and drop out of the sky.

The Idaho Department of Fish and Game says staff and volunteers collected the dead birds over the past several days at wildlife management areas near the towns of Terreton and Roberts. They say the cause of death likely was avian cholera.

Though it appears that this CAN kill in mid flight in large numbers.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it
sorry, forgot to post the link.. fixed hopefully.

link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

the article chalks it up to avian cholera..

+1 more 
link   
Saw that in the news this morning. I too wondered why they would all die at the same time like that. Sounds fishy to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks vasa

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's a bad day if you get to see 2,000 dead geese drop from the sky all at once. Did someone see it happen or did they just find a whole bunch of dead bodies?

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Source

MUD LAKE, Idaho (AP) — Wildlife officials say 2,000 migrating snow geese have died in eastern Idaho, likely from a disease that can cause birds to die in midflight and drop out of the sky.

The Idaho Department of Fish and Game says staff and volunteers collected the dead birds over the past several days at wildlife management areas near the towns of Terreton and Roberts. They say the cause of death likely was avian cholera.

Not buying it.

All healthy enough to take flight at the same time and then die at the same time? Too perfect.

Nope, ain't buying it at all.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
According to wiki:

Chronic infection has been demonstrated in Snow Geese, and these individuals are believed to be long term migrating reservoirs for the disease. Once the bacteria gets introduced into a population of susceptible birds, an outbreak of acute avian cholera follows. Infected birds will die 6–12 hours after contracting the bacterium, and very few ill birds have been described.[8] Due to association and dense aggregations, waterfowl are most commonly affected by P. multocida, however scavengers and other water birds are often affected in large multi-species outbreaks.[9]

Source

So it is common enough in snow geese to be mentioned in wiki, and apparently kills within 6-12 hours. If they were all flying and had the disease during migration, then I could see how a couple thousand would drop out of the sky.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
That's a bad day if you get to see 2,000 dead geese drop from the sky all at once. Did someone see it happen or did they just find a whole bunch of dead bodies?

From what I read, they just found all the birds near bodies of water and wildlife areas and speculated they all just dropped out of the sky.

Dozens of Idaho Department of Fish and Game workers and volunteers at the weekend retrieved and incinerated carcasses of snow geese found near bodies of water and a wildlife management area in the eastern part of the state, said agency spokesman Gregg Losinski.

Avian cholera is believed to be the culprit in the deaths mostly because of the way the birds died, he said.

“Basically, they just fell out of the sky,” said Losinski.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Suffocation by withdrawal of oxygen?
Maybe it was a pocket with a high yield of nitrogen instead of 21% oxygen?

Which would be a very bad sign of natures problems - imagine that kind of pocket surprisingly over/on a larger city!
edit on 17 3 2015 by ManFromEurope because: too much oxygen, wrote 23% first

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Over a body of water?

Methane release maybe?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I seem to remember a few years ago there were a lot of these "mass die outs" reported and discussed here on ATS.

I don't know if they stopped happening or if they continued and people just stopped talking about it though.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Over a body of water?

Methane release maybe?

Well the article says "bodies of water and wildlife management area" so I would assume the birds covered a fairly large area which is what would make them think they fell out of the sky mid-flight. Had they all been grouped tightly together I would think they likely died on the ground.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Source

Not buying it.

All healthy enough to take flight at the same time and then die at the same time? Too perfect.

Nope, ain't buying it at all.

Jude11

Except… and no I don't have a link. Just remember reading this once. They all fly to the lead bird navigating. Their flight time is dependent on food reserves in their bodies, (a narrowly defined margin). If the lead bird gets lost they will still fly… until they drop from the sky literally, from hunger and or exhaustion. Or if they left on migration or on that leg without sufficient reserves…

that kind of thing.

This could speak to toxins in the environment interfering with their navigation or problems with sources of food in their natural habitat. This could also point to changes in their "climate" as well, or some of both. Besides the lead navigator being lost, I mean.

They don't drop dead all at once like some switch, but pretty close.

I'm only speaking from what I remember, I got no proof in this case whats caused it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Aw damn...Here I was hoping for people to start blaming Wind turbines and pollutants when it was just a bout of avian cholera. Just wait-any alarmist reporter worth his salt knows that animals are going to be the death of us all.

"First it was bird flu, then it was swine flu. Now a new threat has emerged that has experts worried. Find out how to protect your family from the Avian Cholera outbreak after these messages."

edit on 17-3-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To think that a thousand birds all get sick and fall out of the sky at the same time seems to be really stretching for a reason.

Did the bird autopsies find avian Cholera or is that just speculation? imo there is much more to this....much more!
edit on 17-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Methane poisoning due to plate movement! seems the dis info and vivid imaginations are rife..

poleshift.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join