It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Putin Has Been Neutralized by a "Stealthy Coup" - Opening Post Updated 9x - Putin Found

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

The OP was just posting here.....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

Just like Kim Jong Un has an astonishing 100% approval rating right? lol

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
He does look a bit bloated, his cheeks are puffier...

Indeed…

But he also does look like someone very pleased with himself.

We'll see how things develop over the next few days.

He needs to buy himself a few new ties

A different colour here and there to change it up.
edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

One thing is for sure, the man needs a different suit and tie.

However, pictures can be somewhat deceiving and sometimes more forgiving than others. Heck, I have even seen a bad picture or sofia vergara, ok I'm lying about that one.

Nonetheless, I'm still keeping an open eye for the coming weeks on this.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: DJW001
But Putin was unaccounted for for nearly two weeks... that is a fact. There were many rumors circulating to explain this fact; that is a fact. When Please look up the definition of the word "hoax." reply to: thepixelpusher

Please look up the "Hoax" category here on ATS to see other rumors that met their fate in the Hoax Bin.

Breaking News this rumor is not.
Jesus, give it up already. You seem to be taking the categorization of where this thread is very personally. I'm guessing one of those threads that were moved were yours and you're still butt hurt over it?

Putin was missing from the public eye. That is not a hoax. That is a fact. We all speculated on what would cause a world leader to go missing for 10 days. Who knows, some of those speculations may turn out to be true some day.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If a rumor is reported as fact, it is a hoax. If a rumor is reported as a rumor, it is a fact. What is so difficult to understand? a reply to: thepixelpusher

link   
For all intents and purpose you still can not call this a hoax. Nobody knows what happened that is talking yet. There very well could have been a coup attempt, which would make this not a hoax.

There is still a huge amount of speculation going on with regards to this situation, and until the entire truth comes out (maybe never) it will not be a hoax. Just because something did not happen exactly as originally laid out does not make the past few days of events any less strange, and still warrants to be looked into, not tossed into a hoax bin.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

I have even seen a bad picture or sofia vergara.

Pics or it didn't happen

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

All these things were already known before this thread and they don't make the info in the OP correct.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Flavian
Stayed out of this one as nothing was being confirmed.....rather glad i did now!

Wrong again.
It was confirmed that Putin's last appearance was on the 5th.
It was confirmed that the Kremlin was lying.
It was confirmed that Russian press released false stories about his activities.
It was confirmed that the Kremlin was saying for days that Putin was not ill.
It was confirmed that the Kremlin then stated on the 15th that he was ill.
It was confirmed that an ally of Putin published a statement saying he would stand by him whether he was leader or not.
It was confirmed that another ally stated the excuse for missing a meeting as illness.
It was confirmed that Putin missed the FSB meeting for the first time in his career.
It was confirmed that...

I could go on.
This clearly shows that while there are a few things in amongst this thread that were clearly nothing but speculation, a lot of people here are also entirely unwilling to do their own research or even read the content of the thread before supporting the notion that everything should be dismissed.

Wrong again how? I said i was glad i satyed out of it as nothing was confirmed eiher way.......and still nothing has been confirmed either way. He has simply re appeared in front of the media, no comment on where he was.

I made no reference to him being away or still being around. So possibly i was wrong in my statement (not sure how) but you on the other hand were clearly wrong in your reading comprehension skills. Nice try though, you get a sticker for effort and a nice little note for your mummy.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I submit that some members are trying to cover things up by having this thread moved. Why?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
SkepticOverlord do the right thing and move this to the Hoax Bin.

No.

This is/was a real story.

Twitter, and to some extent Facebook, Instagram, and SnapChat were "lit up" with this topic. Twitter alone was seeing over 10,000 unique tweets (not retweets) an hour at one point.

The "Twitter Storm" was real, and often fueled by real reports of a coup, which has been anticipated for some time, which was discussed here on ATS, and mentioned by Stratfor just days ago.

This thread wasn't using Twitter as the source of breaking political news; breaking political news was happening on twitter, and being commented on in real time. There's an important distinction.

For those with aversion to social media, this is going to be difficult, if not impossible to embrace: it is now one of the primary information sharing methods for average people. The evolution toward that has been happening for about three years, and continues now.

These were mostly real events, happening in the world, being shared by concerned people. The fact that some of it was wrong, some of it exaggerated, some of it breathless, and some of it contrived does not make it less of a story. And in fact, on the whole, is no different from the mainstream media's wrong, exaggerated, breathless, and contrived reporting on 9/11/2001.

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

He's rocking a spare tire too. Isn't he typically pretty fit?

So, yeah, heavier. Hard winter?

link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Rhiannon

Just like Kim Jong Un has an astonishing 100% approval rating right? lol
I can't speak about N. Korea, I've never spent much time looking into its history or .... well .... anything really about N. Korea.

I do know Russians and what is considered the 'slavics'. And they do approve of Putin, I believe that those not born and bred in the U.S. (generally speaking) have a better grasp of real history. They are not stupid people, regardless of how the state run hollywood media portrays them.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are countries that don't want the Mcdonalds, startbucks, justin bieber, kardashian butt, usury'ious banking system, that is currently the western culture, over taking their cultures. What is wrong with that?

link   
a reply to: DJW001

I don't think it's anything like a concerted effort to cover something up. More like a few people with forever-clenched buttcheeks who like to pick apart every little thing SO does just because he has the "owner" badge.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I submit that some members are trying to cover things up by having this thread moved. Why?

Probably no different than when you call for threads to be hoaxed. They feel they are right just as you do when you call for it, can you not let them be entitled to their opinion?

link   
The OP needs to show that his thread is dealt with just as fairly as the other threads that were sent to the "Hoax" bin.

This thread IS NOT "Breaking News".

This thread is now PROVEN to be false and the "Rumor" discounted.

Close this thread and dump it in the "Hoax" bin like the others before it.

If this "Rumor", now proven to be false, is left to float it begins to look like favoritism for your own thread.

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Are you saying that moving to the HOAX bin = cover up?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The thread was about Rumors. Putin was missing for almost 10 days, that is a fact.
The rumor mills around the world were very active, and ATS was a great place to consolidate, read them, and contribute.
I do not think this should be filed as a hoax. It was very entertaining, as well as educational, as I never new some of the politics and characters that I discovered in here as the entire thread was read front to back.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join