It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Sorry for the delay, I was reeling at the Morrissey-inspired venom dripping from your post.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, I'll admit. I saw him a couple of times in Glasgow, and once he swatted away a fanboy who leapt on him as if he were made of air - tougher than he looks, our Moz.

I was going through my vinyl, debating whether or not to take a lavish photo of all my Sisters of Mercy stuff to piss Skalla off, and I found a couple I hadn't listened to in ages. You might /might not like!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Meh, no rush regarding posting on this thread... it's all a honey pot scheme for tunes I don't have to search out myself.

As for your choices...quite a blast from the past... what a gas... or was that a blast of passed gas? Either way, very nice ... never heard Suede (or totally forgot 'em) but blasted it...that The Birthday Party vid was way too familiar... like a home movie... all weird and eye-liner-rich... memories... it's funny to think of them all now, fat and khaki'd and sweater'd... carrying a baby around a petting zoo.

Eh, hopefully they all OD'd and didn't grow up... the Fall.. been a long, long while.

And The Smiths weren't bad ... in fact they're sorta essential and wonderful... I just had to pretend to love ALL their stuff in order to sleep with certain chic girls back when... and in reality, I only liked some of it... set up too much cognitive dissonance and odd memories, I guess.

Husker Du - Never Talking to You Again

And this is just a great song... the lyrics aren't germane (poignant? relevant?) to the conversation!

edit on 3/26/2015 by Baddogma because: vocabulary synapse burn

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Glad to hear it! I miss-read your line there, and my bottom lip wobbled a bit but I read you right the second time! Yeah, that is a great song. It's funny how music takes you back instantly to people and places you almost forgot you knew, but Husker Du definitely transport me. It's hard listening to music sometimes for that very reason, but always worth it.
Here's another that's definitely of an era:

Yeah the Birthday Party video's too familiar, I know what you mean! Are we related?

Another time warp:

And a classic, timeless masterpiece! (over 20 years old now, jeezy creeze!!)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
here's two fine individuals you can never go wrong with all within the neat wrappings of one fine tune-

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Polly and Nick, what's not to love? Morrisey and Siouxsie did a duet once, which should have been the best thing in the cosmoverse but, strangely, it was not. Not by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Heh... that catchy Breeders ditty is prolly in my top most 20 beloved songs... due to memories attached as well as being a catchy as hell riff filed masterpiece... in fact I was going to post, but then decided it was too mainstream, maybe... but rules are boring.

AND Peter... the Fugazi Waiting Room was a repeat, but deserved another posting... the rest are as good as they seemed 30 years ago (holy crap I'm oooold).

edit on 3/27/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Total sucker for dreamy, husky female vocals... got me. Hadn't heard that before...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Wow, thanks for introducing me to Rasputina! I'm a bit in love with them now...

Yes mainstream can be good too:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
youtu.be...

youtu.be...
edit on 9-4-2015 by TheBolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Man I suck.... How do you make the video just show up on here? a reply to: TheBolt

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBolt
Man I suck.... How do you make the video just show up on here? a reply to: TheBolt

Copy and paste the numbers/letters after the = sign into the youtube window that appears when you click on the sticky above.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here is an unknown classic from 1967(ish)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Awesome... thank you.

And glad you liked Rasputina... funny, I remember very little day-to-day stuff, but I usually remember the people who introduced me to new music.

Unfortunately, on the internet, we just have an alias and perhaps an avatar... but do we truly know anyone... even ourselves? Heh...

And as far as the posting of videos mentioned above... some browsers slow when dealing with a few loaded video on the same thread, and some videos are removed and nobody coming to the thread later knows what was there... which is why I started just linking and wrote out the song and the artist, so even if removed, someone knows the name and can find the music elsewhere...

Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That was gem... thanks!

And same for all the rest ...except those two or five songs that sounded like nails on chalkboard, which can be good, actually ...or worse, the songs that sound like uninspired routine chores, or copies of something dull, which usually isn't good musically... enthusiasm can make up for a lack of talent in music... but to each their own, as that's the theme.

It's funny how music is so variously perceived ... environment and mood while listening can radically effect whether or not one finds it "good." That can be said of anything... but art and music, especially.

Gary Jules - Mad World

The "MASH" theme song cover posted above made me think of favorite depressing songs... and although this is pretty mainstream, gotta love it.

edit on 4/10/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join