It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I've always wanted to beat Morrisey (and would probably get beaten instead) but appreciate the music... but his whole "thing" does bug me and he sounds like a cat being squished in an acordian... slowly.

But I like many songs from them anyway...

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I've never heard... any of them... so thank you. I cannot speak about the lyrics (they sound heartfelt!) but the music is lovely.

Truly novel and appreciated.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

That's ...good. Never heard. I started thinking "these are those guys that just have no tune in mind and are just riffing with no plan or hook," and then it got mesmerizing and I realized they had a plan ... and liked it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Another entry for Neil Young and alternative lovers is the compilation tribute/cover album "The Bridge: a tribute to Neil Young" from 1989... Pixies (Winterlong--- great), Flaming Lips, LOOP, Nick Cave ...anyway, there are some outstanding, unforgettable songs on it... and a couple that aren't... I couldn't find a Youtube link with them all in one place as most of the videos had been taken down... but a great listen if you get a chance.

Couple songs from it is:

Flaming Lips - After the Gold Rush (Neil Young)

Victoria Williams - Don't Let It Bring You Down (Neil Young)

Anyway, love the whole album... even the duds are interesting.

edit on 3/22/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not really into Christian rock but if it rocks, it rocks....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I made this and did the bass

edit on 24/3/1515 by jokei because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some of you may be familiar with these guys, but the vast majority of people I speak to, have never heard of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

good call on Clutch! First time I saw them live they were on tour with Sepultura, Fear Factory and Fudge Tunnel back in '94. Killer live band.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

They're easily in my top 3 for favorite bands, and sometimes it blows my mind how rare it is to find people who have heard them.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm actually kind of surprised as I have had the opposite experience. I find it difficult to come across anyone who has NOT heard them or of them. It was one of the first things my wife and I were able to bond over when we first met, every band I've played in the last 20 years has been at least slightly influenced by them. Especially the Self titles album from '95. It still holds up today in my opinion and is one of my favorite Clutch releases. I still like them but got a little less into them as they settled into a more blues infested rock style. They still smoke the competition but I miss stuff like Transnational Speedway League.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

TNSL was a great album, but Neil's vocal chords couldn't keep that up.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good stuff...

And here is a most beloved (by quite a few) artist... Brian Eno... who produced some great artists and is known for his dreamy techno ...but he has some vocal work that is genius... these are off Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy which is one of the greatest modern albums of all time... also my first record purchase as I was a strange kid...

Brian Eno - The Fat Lady of Limburgh

B Eno- the Great Pretender

Eno - Third Uncle

Eno - China My China

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

And Clutch.... THAT's who they were/are... I was at an "after hours" party years ago and heard them played and liked them and never could remember their name... so thanks Prof... found again after nearly a decade.

These guys are interesting ... the more I hear, the better...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Remember when the Discovery Channel had animals mating? I liked that tune, too... how could one not? Blackberry Smoke was totally unheard before this and I liked them, too... straight ahead, catchy garage rock ... liked them better than the xian rock ... I can deal with Christians, but their rock? Uh-uh... no... heh ; ]

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jokei

That was way better than I expected... no offense, but you know... music prefaced by "I made this" isn't usually followed by a decent riff! It's usually a little painful and forced on you by your 4:20 dealer... and you have to sit through it to get what you came for...

but that was better, is what I'm saying...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join