It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In my own tribute to the day of St Valentine, I offer my own tender, pie-eyed ...

Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk to *&#!

and

Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog

edit on 2/14/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/14/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

MBV! Awesome! Have that one around somewhere.

Occasionally songs get stuck in your head. The Sundays? Yup, had that happen. Love that whole album (eeks, does anybody remember what one of those is?) and the one after.

Ever hear of The Distillers? This one got stuck for a month or two in the old noggin. And they tie in nicely with BD's quip about drug fueled fiascos! They broke up, got back, broke up. Not sure where they stand now.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hey Brodie, been a while.

Yes, I remember albums, I've got a stack of vinyl I love way too much. I'm a bit late but welcome to ATS, hope you're feeling at home. I think I played these local boys earlier on, but it's time for another:

The Exploited, Barmy Army. Watty trying to remember how to spell Exploited always cracks me up.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Since exploited was brought up, I answer with ...

Gang of Four - Damaged Goods

and with a mind to a romance theme...

Gof4 - What We All Want

and a it's really great groove I forgot about...

edit on 2/17/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That title got a GOL from me, GOL being a "guffaw out loud."

Looks reverently in Olaru's general 'dire-action.'

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I can almost taste the snakebite and dry ice emanating from that song.

Best I can do for romance today, The View - Same Jeans

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
No problem! (re: being late to greet) Yeah, finding my way around the forums fairly well. Strange having to contribute instead being in lurker mode all the time!

Exploited, wow. Now I am feeling all kinds of nostalgia. Punks not dead! Makes me want to go dig out The Damned, Circle Jerks (wild in the streets? Pretty sure it was them), and some Black Flag (Authority, bull sh*t. We don't need it! We don't want it! Authority! BULLSH*T!)

May have embraced the "alternative" music but punk was the first "my music" I had. With the ones previous mentioned, DK, Violent Femmes, Husker Du, Stiff Little Fingers. I'll admit to the 80's heavy metal scene as well but people freak when they find out that the punk ethos is where most it (points at self) comes from.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Forgot to post a song! LOL

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned yet. Daydream Nation was on constant play in the way back times. Still love putting it on the ipod every now and then. Vid: Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot (for those with u-tube blocked)

edit on 18-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 18-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: even more grammar nazi

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

ATS is knee deep in filthy old punks and all of them are some of the nicest, smartest people you could hope to meet. I include myself in that first description before I get an irate PM from someone.

Maybe you'll remember this, I love this song:
(You have to put the title in, otherwise Baddog goes bat# crazy and starts smashing the place up)

The Fall, Victoria

eta - Sonic Youth are never far from my record player, either.

edit on 18-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ATS is knee deep in filthy old punks
true dat!

Let us not forget ol' TSOL................ (wonder where they are now?)

edit on 18/2/16 by argentus because: coding snafu

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Good call!

How's things with you?

This song never sounds old...or I'm just getting old.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Ahhhhh.... back to my mainstays... will be favs until death.... Pixies - Carribu

eta: and yeah, I'll break stuff if titles aren't posted... whatofit?! Think I'm prevaricatin'? Pullin' your cankley leg, am I? I don't give two shytes if me glasses get busted.. .OI!

Sex Pistols - Roadrunner

FEAR -Let's Have a War

FEAR - The Mouth Don't Stop

Sorry.. .they crack me up... and it's wide spectrum punk all

edit on 2/19/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

They never get old, I love, la la la love the Pixies.

at Fear!

Just for you, you window-smashing prevaricator.

THE CLASH - WHITE RIOT

Don't know if you like Gallon Drunk, but this is their very, very best. Enjoy - Some Fool's Mess:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I've never been properly introduced to Gallon Drunk... (shuts eyes, listens and thinks waaaaaay back) oh yeah... they were on my radar some decades ago, if I'm pulling up the right brain files, but they fell off my screen when I lost my love of: music, art, literature, outdoors, sex, bathing, animals, food ...and almost myself, in the 90's due to my own version of ...er, 'Trainspotting'... so thanks, Been-shy ... they are quite good (and I have regained the general love, btw, if that seemed maudlin or too much info laden)!

As this has degenerated into a sloppy, drunk, members-only after-party in the basement of the 'beloved alt/punk' museum (and not bad as far as museums go)... then here... my third or so most beloved altsters after Pixies... back to

The Cure - A Primary (ext)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Pixies....... always the topper! Forgot about them
I miss those times. Truly. Play 'till your ears bleed and everyone else's, then everybody to the waffle house for drinks and syrupy breakfast at 4:00 a.m., followed by crashing on the beach.

Gorilla Biscuit........... known, in part, for always inciting a sorta interactive mosh pit ON STAGE with the audience. Awesome.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well after-parties are usually better, particularly the three-day long Trainspotting kind. Ach, but those days have gone now (and in the past they must remain).
I still can't get over that you've seen that - I didn't know it was big in America.

Faith was The Cure's best album in my feeble opinion, Siamese Twins is maybe my favourite:

I'm glad you got your love back. Too much of a good thing is usually...not so good in the long run.

Beenshy x

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hey you! Just in time, we were just talking about those 24hr parties of long ago.
I saw the Pixies at T in the Park and they were amazing, but his alter ego with The Catholics was pretty close:

All My Ghosts

I've never heard those guys (Gorilla Biscuits), they're not too bad at all! Sounds like a good gig.

SLF used to play The Barrowlands every St Paddy's night in Glasgow - the place used to go mental. I had to fish a bloke's tooth out of my pint for him after it went pinging out.

Ah, happy days.

SLF, Alternative Ulster

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The Cure were the real deal. Saw them in San Jose and L.A. Probably the band that most sounded like their studio version than anyone except, maybe Kansas and ELO. Loved them. Still do.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I saw them in Dundee. I feel about 1000 x less glamorous than you right now.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join