It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
a reply to: olaru12

I just wanted to mention a real "thanks" for Jr Brown's 'My Wife...' too...

as stated, Country isn't a passion for me, but some of it is truly excellent! And I admit to loving the Japtastrophes a little bit, too.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
a reply to: Hex1an

Never heard before and found it interesting... so thank you, again.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That reminded me of Dire Straights mixed with the Cranberries ... but better!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: Bybyots

And that was interesting ...and effective art, surprisingly.

I don't often fancy male singer songwriter's music (or them, for that matter.. .Cat Stevens, Neal Young and a few others are exceptions) but maybe it was my mood, maybe the brain 'entrainment' waves coming in from the tv in the background or some other ineffable quaility, but I liked that.

Not enough to buy something or join a fan club, but gotta say he doesn't suck ... like others in that genre. So cool and thanks.. .totally off my radar, like most everything post '94, heh.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
Two days of no videos - that was a torment. None, nothing, all gone - even olaru's japanese girls.

(Just figured out the problem, which needless to say was me, not youtube).

The Sisterhood (to celebrate) - Giving Ground.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:38 AM

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
Liked these guys since first buying their vinyl, Flaunt It, almost 30 years ago...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
a reply to: alien
Perfect... agreed as to liking it!

The look of the video reminded me of a marriage between Florida and Germany, or Lords of Acid mixed with Def Leopard, but loved the geetard/techno tune.

Speaking of fringey techno ...

Lords of Acid - Voodoo U (cause their other stuff is not family friendly)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
a reply to: peter vlar
Ahhhhhh, yessssss... the Swans. Thanks for that...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:19 PM
a reply to: beansidhe

I had trouble deciphering the meaning of that post... what was the trouble ? Lost the eyeball you were passing from hand to hand? Olaru is keeping Jap girls somewhere? Against their will, or despite it? I'm a cycling cyclone through dimension x why?

But that's likely MY problem 'caused by putting anything I find on the sidewalk near the homeless camps promptly in my mouth, if it fits...

butthole surfers - who was in my room last night?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
a reply to: valiant

Liked that... though it really sounded like a dumbed down Bad Religion song, written while they were mating with Rancid on meth, but always loved the band's name... how could one not?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
God Lives Underwater

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
Not sure I "lurve" them, but this band surely interests me -- Taking Back Sunday -- MakeDamnSure

Really driving vocals, excellent harmonies. Not terribly creative leads, but, hey, they're emerging. A tad refreshing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:03 PM
And then there is this.............. Joyce Manor -- Constant Headache -- which, strangely reminds me of early Third Eye Blind (which I lurve!) and I should probably feature here rather than rambling.......... yeah........ semi-charmed kind of life.........

Anyway.. so it goes......

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:10 AM

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
BD, you keep beating to the bands! I was going to post PIL - Generic (if had it on vinyl it was "album," on tape "cassette," and finally there is "compact disc") but you beat me to it. Same with Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Buttthole surfers, Lords of Acid (Rough Sex is on all my devices and computers)... but then again, the thread started with the Meat Puppets (what did I expect

Had this on vinyl back in the day. The wonderful parental unit proceeded to toss (and got rid of the dog too! WTH??) so this slipped my mind for a while. I don't remember seeing it posted early (sorry if it already has)

Southern Death Cult - Faith

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
a reply to: Baddogma

I see your Butthole Surfers and raise you Scratch Acid

Some Big Black

And why not some Shellac for good measure -

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:34 PM
a reply to: Baddogma

Here is a video I helped make as DP and AD

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>