It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian propaganda video spread by Russian embassy..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It makes fun of the ridiculous propaganda claims Russia being imperialistic and going to annex land all over the place..

Idk, how to explain to you that it is not "fun", they are saying quite seriously
Yes, I'm occupant and I the have right to this because I'm bringing "civilization values".
I can even partly agree with this concerning Central Asia region, It is better communist/soviet/russian rule compared to Islam/ISIS.

Btw, there is no political satire under current Putin's regime.
Putin didn't liked this satirical show youtu.be... and he closed it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Once again, please explain why a Russian Ambassador, the official voice of the Russian government, would demean himself by posting "satire?" He is supposed to reach out and befriend other states, not mock them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

It makes fun of the ridiculous propaganda claims Russia being imperialistic and going to annex land all over the place..

Idk, how to explain to you that it is not "fun", they are saying quite seriously
Yes, I'm occupant and I the have right to this because I'm bringing "civilization values".
I can even partly agree with this concerning Central Asia region, It is better communist/soviet/russian rule compared to Islam/ISIS.

Btw, there is no political satire under current Putin's regime.
Putin didn't liked this satirical show youtu.be... and he closed it.

Substituting oppression for oppression is not an option.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Substituting oppression for oppression is not an option.

This is part of the history, retrospectively looking soviet regime brought freedom to women in Central Asia region.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

and the death of 20 million other Russians.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And western inspired resurrection of militant islam will bring 100-s of millions deaths ... So ...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And western inspired resurrection of militant islam will bring 100-s of millions deaths ... So ...

Feel free to support your absurd claim with facts.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It is hard to stay in opposition both to blind pro Putin and blind pro western apologists.

If you can't see how western policies from the middle of 20-th century brought up militant islam on the scene you are also blind.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is hard to stay in opposition both to blind pro Putin and blind pro western apologists.

If you can't see how western policies from the middle of 20-th century brought up militant islam on the scene you are also blind.

Not blind at all... We could have always taken the stance the USSR did with the Lebanon Hostage Crisis. Which is to say kidnap a relative of Islamic terror leader, cut their testicles off and sent them to his relative.

the KBG determined the kidnapping to be the work of the Shiite Muslim group known as Hezbollah, or Party of God. This was the same radical pro-Iranian faction that figured so belligerently in the mass hostage-taking from the TWA airliner at Beirut Airport last June.

Unlike the approach the United States used to resolve the TWA crisis, however, the Soviets did not bother negotiating with Hezbollah through Nabih Berri, Lebanon's justice minister and leader of the Shiite Amal militia.

Instead, the KGB kidnapped a man they knew to be a close relative of a prominent Hezbollah leader. They then castrated him and sent the severed organs to the Hezbollah official, before dispatching the unfortunate kinsman with a bullet in the brain.

In addition to presenting him with this grisly proof of their seriousness, the KGB operatives also advised the Hezbollah leader that they knew the identities of other close relatives of his, and that he could expect more such packages if the three Soviet diplomats were not freed immediately.

Murdering innocent civilians is something I thought you disapproved of. Or is it different when its done by USSR / Russia?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I don't approve KGB methods.

You want to discuss some incidents and I'm looking on the broad picture.

Let's finish this off topic that i have my "subjective feeling" that west is responsible for resurrection of militant islam.
I remember another epoch when world was much saner. Now, it seems, that islamic jinn flew off the bottle, but it was west
who opened it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No - extremists who hijacked Islam started it. That has been ongoing since long before the discovery of the North American Continent and long before the US was even a nation.

You have extremists who hate anything west and will do everything they can to destroy it.

I am not sure of your nationality to forgive me if you are familiar.

Are you familiar the US Marine Corp Hymn?

"From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli"

is the first verse. In Particular the part about Tripoli is key. At the very beginning of our nation we had to deal with the Barbary pirates off the coast of north Africa. those pirates were in fact Muslim and they regularly attacked US shipping. The US sent a diplomat to try and resolve the situation where he was told there would be no peace because we were not Muslim.

It was not until the 1800s did Europe finally come together to deal with the persistent threat.

This started long before the US.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Barbary pirates were just pirates.
Already by 19-th century islam was stagnating diminishing ideology. British intelligence agency started flirting with islam, but it wasn't done so recklessly as US later did from mid 20-th century. Serving their imperialistic goals or more precisely international corporations US always preferred islam. From about 80-ties islam started to grow by itself.

I'm not historian and let this be my "subjective feelings"

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It was the Germans who cultivated anti-British feelings among the Arabs. Remember, the Ottoman Empire was allied with Germany during the First World War. After the fall of the Empire, Nazis continued to support the Palestinians in their attacks upon Jewish settlers. The PLO was initially financed by Nazi funds from Swiss banks.

True, the British did manipulate politic in Persia, but if Mossadegh had remained in power, Iran would not have been any better off and might have become an SSR. The United States' invasion of Iraq was probably the worst foreign policy decision in American history, one with longer lasting ramifications than its involvement in Viet Nam. That said, Muslim majority countries continue to blame the "West," rather than their corrupt leaders, for their problems.

All of this is off topic. The bottom line is that Russian State media have been launching a propaganda offensive while pretending it is harmless "satire." An offensive cartoon "satirizing" the supposed Jewish "attitude" towards money is not satire, it is anti-Semitic propaganda. Similarly, calling Central Asians "uncivilized" is not satire, it is racism. Telling Baltic nations that they were better off under Russian domination is not satire, it is propaganda.

As explained in an earlier thread, satire is a humorous critique of figures in one's own society who fail to live up to society's expectations. The German television sketch is an example of this: Germans accusing German media of not living up to the impartiality expected of it. Attacking a group outside of one's own society is defamation, negative propaganda. The Russian media are ridiculing the rest of the world in these videos. It is defamatory propaganda.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It almost sounds like North Korea.

I sure hope Putin does not make demands like little Kimmy does.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Barbary pirates were just pirates.
Already by 19-th century islam was stagnating diminishing ideology. British intelligence agency started flirting with islam, but it wasn't done so recklessly as US later did from mid 20-th century. Serving their imperialistic goals or more precisely international corporations US always preferred islam. From about 80-ties islam started to grow by itself.

I'm not historian and let this be my "subjective feelings"

uhm no the Barbary Pirates were Muslim and belonged to the Ottoman empire.

Flirting with islam? in what way?

Secondly the US had nothing to do with how the middle east developed after WWII.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

uhm no the Barbary Pirates were Muslim and belonged to the Ottoman empire.

Ok, you are free to believe it was muslim jihad of Ottoman Empire against christians and i'm free to believe it was british diversion against american colonies.
Also, do you think british pirates were christians ? Pirates are pirates, use common sense, and don't let some facts obscure truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

You have completely missed the point.

We had our issues with the British... The issues there revolved around past issues and that whole revolutionary war issue. The issues with the Barbary Pirates was based on religious differences.

I don't have the time to go into a in-depth history lesson - Suffice it to say -
* - Barbary Pirates
* - Barbary States
* - America and the Barbary Pirates: An International Battle Against an Unconventional Foe
* - President Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates - PDF FILE

edit on 7-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You just have to look at the casualty figures, and the fact that they fought the bulk of the Nazi forces themselves on the Eastern Front.

And they would have lost badly had it not been for the U.S. shipping them all the machines of war and other badly needed supplies they had to have. Tanks, Planes, Bombers, Ammo and FOOD. They kept the B-29s that we gave them and then threatened to bomb us with them lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: neformore

You just have to look at the casualty figures, and the fact that they fought the bulk of the Nazi forces themselves on the Eastern Front.

And they would have lost badly had it not been for the U.S. shipping them all the machines of war and other badly needed supplies they had to have. Tanks, Planes, Bombers, Ammo and FOOD. They kept the B-29s that we gave them and then threatened to bomb us with them lol.

Don't forget: the massive casualties the Russians took were because major loss of life was part of their strategic philosophy. The Germans ideal was blitzkrieg, lightning fast surgical strikes. Russia had always relied on using distance and weather for defense and massive numbers of semi-trained men for offence; a steamroller, not a scalpel.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Putin’s Dead Soldiers Are Evidence of His Deceit

Many Russian soldiers are dying in the fighting in Ukraine, according to the deputy secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. This blunt declaration makes it increasingly difficult for Russian President Vladimir Putin’s government to maintain the claim that the Kremlin has no involvement in the ongoing conflict on its border.

“Russian leaders are less and less able to conceal the fact that Russian soldiers are fighting – and dying – in large numbers in eastern Ukraine,” Alexander Vershbow said at a conference in Latvia on Thursday, adding that NATO believes the deaths are making the conflict increasingly unpopular among Russians.

Related: Why Congress Thinks Obama Isn’t a War President

The fighting in the eastern part of Ukraine, which began last year after Russian troops invaded the country’s Crimean peninsula, has dropped off dramatically since a ceasefire agreement as reached last month. Yet skirmishing continues, particularly in the area between rebel-controlled territory and the city of Mariupol, widely seen as the next target of the Russia-backed rebels.

Click link for remainder of article...

the cat is leaking out of the bag about Russian involvement in Ukraine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join