It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian propaganda video spread by Russian embassy..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

We didn't give them B-29s. They were damaged or low on fuel and landed in what they thought was friendly territory. The crews were detained and the aircraft were kept and copied, eventually resulting in the Tu-4.
edit on 3/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Please take into consideration that many articles about "Barbary Pirates" wars come after 9/11 with renewed bias against muslims. Before there was quite understandable bias from US historians to paint those events like the most heroic actions, part of national american pride.

The main reason why Barbary States were hostile to U.S. was because U.S. was a new player in the high seas. I couldn't find evidences that it was Britain behind those Pirates all the time except one event in 1812. All European nations paid tribute to those pirates, Britain included. Britain was the most interested country in continuing this situation, also there was a lot of ex british nationals turned pirates. Unfortunately, there wasn't such level of transparency like we have in 21-st century, so we won't find many facts upon which to build "conspiracy theory"
So, I may retreat from my claim of "british hand", yet i will never agree with a new "19-th century jihad" views.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join