It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Trip to Yellowstone Booked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Can't wait..the 5 time to Yellowstone has been booked.

I have been to Yosemite, been to the Grand Canyon, been to National Parks on the East Coast and nothing compares to Yellowstone for me.

Whatever you want from a national park you can get there.
Wildlife, back country, climbing, hiking, danger, size, water, snow, a large number of the worlds geo-thermal event...

This specific trip I will be focused on night sky photography with a few nights at my normal place Howlers Inn which is a B&B with a wolf preserve located in Bozeman. howlersinn.com...

Go Nature! (some pics from one of my previous trips)

This one is taken at Howlers Inn during the Middle of June on my first trip.

edit on 28-2-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So envious! I went once and it was amazing, I would love to go back.

Have fun and let us know if bigfoot is still stalking the bison or if the caldera is about to blow. LOL!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
Enjoy!
Just got back from Mammoth Hot Springs yesterday.
No vacation though, working on the remodel of the Albright Visitor Center.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hope to see you the last weekend in May when fishing season starts. Yellowstone is paradise for the flyfisherman.

www.flyfishingyellowstonenationalpark.com...

guiding and outfitting out of Cody....
edit on 28-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mind as well enjoy the beautiful park before it's the epicenter of destruction of N. America if not the whole world!

www.vox.com...

Fortunately the odds of it happening in our lifetime are slim...but somebody down the line is going to get nailed!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have family who live in Lake Tahoe and I always thought that was the most beautiful place in the world. I am a big fan of the Sierras because I grew up around them.

But last summer my wife, some friends, and I took a trip out to Yellowstone and I must say it wins out.

I could not believe how amazing Hayden Valley was after the rains (it never really stopped lol). Wildlife is beautiful.

When I go back I want to go in the back country. The only thing I didn't like that weekend was there were so many people! I count that as a good thing though because it means so many people want to experience and enjoy nature.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I spent a summer working at Yellowstone when i was 19 and had a blast. I loved going on hikes and purposely getting lost in the middle of the park, got to know the park very well.

As a side note to your national parks list, I would also add Glacier National. Like yellowstone, it's very remote and not on the way to anything, but that's what makes it special and well worth the trip.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but as someone who lives near Bozeman.... If you like yellowstone, make sure you check out glacier. Truly, amazing place.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalapadea
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but as someone who lives near Bozeman.... If you like yellowstone, make sure you check out glacier. Truly, amazing place.

No problem in reviving it!
My trip is coming up in Sept and when we do Yellowstone , Bozeman is a big part of it.

Glacier is 100% on my list of places to go and I think it will be the next vacation after this one. Since the first time at Yellowstone I pretty much feel a pull to back there every couple of years. So much of my professional and even personal life is ingrained with modern technology that it's always nice to go to a place where those things are lacking.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Have you been to fairy lake?

Head north from Bozeman on Bridger Canyon Road/Hwy. 86 (The road that goes to the M). Veer left at the Bracket Creek Y and go up and over Battle Ridge Pass. Between mile markers 21 and 22, turn left on Fairy Lake Road (FSR 74). It's usually pretty rough, recommend having an suv (at least a subaru). It's like 5mi up FSR 74, there are signs.

I don't have great photos, as I don't own a smart phone or a nice camera. Search "Fairy Lake Montana" for some. Believe me it's worth a look, great camping too.

new topics

top topics

join