It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Great episode. Really enjoyed it

I tend to agree - out of sheer incredulity - that this woman is simply trying to be as outrageously crazy as possible to get Youtube fame.

If she's real, then thats very scary.

After watching the Aron Ra video interview with her I think she really does believe what she has been saying. She was pretty adamant about it.

People believe some pretty dumb things for different reasons even when faced with mountains of evidence against that belief. There are a few people on this site that are convinced the sun revolves around the earth they even argue for it. There is such a thing as flat earth society, hollow earth, 6,000-year-old earth, and there are a multitude of other strange beliefs that go against scientific knowledge.

She seems crazy stupid but in reality she is just a little different from the many other crazy stupid beliefs.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I wouldn't say I am all that familiar with the dinosaur deniers I only found out about them when NLBS posted they were going to do a story on them.

I am sort of fascinated with people like that. The Aron Ra video was illuminating. Even he was having a hard time believing she was for real.

It takes more than circular logic IMO for those types just what that may be I am not sure.

I think people get the impression that you think you know what you're talking about a lot of the time when you don't. You have a certain air of 'expertise' when it comes to all manner of things, when really, you just like jumping on the bandwagon.

Awaiting 'Jumping on the bandwagon? Bit rich coming from a Christian LOL'

Yeah blah blah.

I admit there are many things I don't know about, but before I post on things I have little or no knowledge about I look up the subject matter. The thing I seem to have a bit of expertise at is using search engines where it seems a lot of people do not or don't try to use them.

I also do not mind admitting when I am wrong on something it does happen from time to time. Maybe some people trust what I have to say on issues because of both of those things.

I am not really understanding your bandwagon comment, but that's OK.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
CAD ministry is indeed a hoax. Here's some shopped stuff from an early CAD spokesperson's Photobucket, placed in context of last October's Michele Bachmann caper.

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

The object of the satire is "a plague on both your houses," that is, both Fundamentalists and also those who would view such foolishness with alarm, an inviting target group, which some hasty reactions to the Bachmann meme showed lies close to the surface. Some have also suggested that the producers of this June's Jurassic World movie shed no tears over all of this.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What's this got to do with 'Christian bashers' or Athiests?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

edit on 1-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Genesis 1 reinforces that with all land animals, including humans, being made on the same day.

If these are to be taken as literal truths, and not metaphor, then I wonder how Noah pulled that off.

You make the assumption they were all fully grown? I dunno.....
Anyway, people aren't going to find 'dinosaurs' in the bible because the word didn't exist until 1842.
Genesis 1:21 does refer to 'tanniyn' תַּנִּין which is poorly translated in the King James version as 'whales'. A better translation from the Hebrew would be 'monsters' or 'dragons'. May be a better description before the word 'dinosaur' was invented a few years later

edit on 1-3-2015 by Lucius Driftwood because: 'May be a more good description' was in hindsight, not a good description of good vocabulary.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: b14warrior

Christians crying they are persecuted I suppose.
They love doing that.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Next time on NLBS: Hindis Against History
'We found this youtube video of a guy wearing a turban who claims the universe was created the day he was born. Can you believe these religious dummies?!'

And don't miss the rest of the series...
Buddhists Against Trees
Muslims Against Mannequins
Orthodox Jews Opposed to Oxygen

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Not sure what point you are trying to make there. Care to explain it?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So, she's my sister's dog's cousin's babysitter's goldfish's dog-walker...

Well, no, but I know someone who claims to know her (as in the crazy dinosaur lady) and insists that this is all a very elaborate joke.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

This is absurd. I'm a Christian and Dinosaurs definitely existed. But belief in evolution as fact is hilarious. It's a good theory, but that's all it is. The belief that everything came from nothing after an accident of nothing which caused an explosion of nothing to produce everything requires more faith than someone believing in a being from another dimension doing something it's creation doesn't have the ability to understand. Both creation and evolution then have similarities. Both suggest sudden revealing of the universe and both require an incredible amount of faith.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SanitySearcher

So let me get this strait.

You scoff at the girl who believes dinosaurs didn't exist which means you are sure they did yet you also scoff at the scientific theory of evolution.

I am just wondering if you have ever been informed that mammals during the dinosaur age were mouse like? Correction, they think one may have been as big as two feet. Without evolution how do you explain mammals such as us coming to be what we are from what mammals were?

By chance do you also happen to believe man and dinosaur co-existed because that would clear up the conundrum that you seem to be facing.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

You make the assumption they were all fully grown?

And you make the assumption they were not?

Obviously if such a thing took place [suspending disbelief] then there would have been all ages of them roaming when this event occurred. Babies and adults and all the stages in-between.

Please back up with scripture that Noah only took baby animals. If you can't then your point is conjecture.

Regardless, even with all baby animals, which is not backed by scripture, you're still talking about a huge number of animals and a massive amount of food. All on a ship smaller than the Titanic.

Anyway, people aren't going to find 'dinosaurs' in the bible because the word didn't exist until 1842.

Not unlike the word 'homosexual' that's now found in modern English translations. Not a word or concept that existed in Biblical times yet manages to find itself in Bibles printed in the 70s. That's another discussion.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Yet another great video!

Well played sir!

That aside, this is also yet another depressing example of the way some Christians have utterly failed to either understand or accept scientific knowledge into their paradigm. Frankly, as a believer myself, there are few things which have the capacity to disappoint me so readily, as the tendency for my fellow Christians to ignore, misrepresent, or straight up fail to understand or care about scientific pursuits.

I feel that an inability to engage with scientific material on any level, without coming across some existential, or doctrinal problem, speaks to a certain weakness of mind, one nothing to do with faith, but to do with fear. I have never been able to understand that fearful, quaking reaction some Christians have toward scientific discovery, nor for that matter the foam mouthed insanity of the reactions of some.

My faith makes me LESS fearful, not more, and I have trouble seeing where the fear in others is coming from, certainly on topics like this. Paleontology is a great field, one which has lead to many interesting discoveries, not just about dinosaurs themselves, but about the history of our planet itself! We need to learn to appreciate these things, to be able to know of them and enjoy that process, without becoming wrapped up in the doctrinal problems that such data create. The best way to do this, is to have a faith so strong that even accepting the realities of scientific data, cannot shake ones faith. The answer is not to rail against an evident physical truth, and blinker oneself to all which falls outside ones own narrow experience or understanding.
edit on 2-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error correction.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The best way to do this, is to have a faith so strong that even accepting the realities of scientific data, cannot shake ones faith.

I'm not sure how to read that other than you saying that if scientific data shakes one's faith then they should dismiss it in favor of their faith. In which case, I ask how are you actually supporting science here?
edit on 2-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Oh god not the Sarah Palin people again.

These people are bat sh1t crazy !

Idiocracy started out as a comedy and became a documentary.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So from the posts i've read, this thread is the ATS version of the Mermaids documnetary?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson
Instead of reading the thread and coming to any conclusions perhaps it would be pertinent to watch the OP video?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

I cant watch the video and a description is never provided on these things, i can only go on the fact that several people have stated that what is shown in the video is a fake website.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join