It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I wouldn't say I am all that familiar with the dinosaur deniers I only found out about them when NLBS posted they were going to do a story on them.

I am sort of fascinated with people like that. The Aron Ra video was illuminating. Even he was having a hard time believing she was for real.

It takes more than circular logic IMO for those types just what that may be I am not sure.

I think people get the impression that you think you know what you're talking about a lot of the time when you don't. You have a certain air of 'expertise' when it comes to all manner of things, when really, you just like jumping on the bandwagon.

Awaiting 'Jumping on the bandwagon? Bit rich coming from a Christian LOL'

Yeah blah blah.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I find dinosaurs unbelievable.

But not in the same way that lady does.

I found the video entertaining.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
Actually I assumed Grimpachi knew more than me because he was linking multiple videos thus he would have had more exposure to the 'dino deniers' than my one viewing of the OP video. Not that I got a 'certain air of expertise' from him on the matter.

Pretty simple reasoning on my part actually.

Anyhoot.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Actually I assumed Grimpachi knew more than me because he was linking multiple videos thus he would have had more exposure to the 'dino deniers' than my one viewing of the OP video. Not that I got a 'certain air of expertise' from him on the matter.

Pretty simple reasoning on my part actually.

Anyhoot.

Knew more about what, 'dino deniers'?
Sorry, I just don't get this whole discussion whatsoever, as the woman is obviously trolling. Furthermore, I don't like quite a few of the people involved in the discussion altogether, so I'm just being bitter really.

Just seems like an honest mistake(this episode) turned into an opportunity for mockery(by the people I don't like). Forgive me for being bitter.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

At about 11:40 in the video in the Original Post, I have to admit there is something confounding about the whole presentation of natural history and supposed evolution. (I'm not an evolutionist, and while neither a creationist because I'm not religious mostly, I think there is a lot to be suspicious of in the simplistic, nursery school like loose-ends, tying up evolutionary theory.)

This bit in the video discusses "the enormous size of these dinosaurs and their diets", "some weighing as much as 80 tonnes and 118 feet from nose to tail". Looking at the picture in this video around that point after 11:40, something really just jars.

So we're supposed to believe that those massive, massive creatures just evolved naturally from the first tiny fish and insects? First tiny flying fish and dragonflys abound. After some time (OK, maybe a long time), those massive, massive, extremely dense monsters? How can that have anything to do with evolution? And how can man can have anything to do with it? Humans are so unlike dinosaurs, and how can humans or primitive pre-human primates have survived when all of the species of dinosaurs (maybe if you except crocodiles, alligators and the tuataura) could not survive, whatever size they were, however they lived - in land, sea or air - eating meat or vegetation?

(The other thing is just how senseless this world and we seem when looking at history in this light. So millions of years ago, apparently, there were the dinosaurs. They were happy, or sad, I guess, but living and real, but really just nothing happened for millions and millions of years. They ate, fought, ate each other or were eaten, and died. Just like our modern human tribes, except we can write and read also. Maybe this is more advanced than dinosaur communication, whatever that may mean. Or maybe it's a proud, stupid fallacy we have about ourselves that makes us worse, and more stupid than dinosaurs with all the communication ability they needed. Not that that makes much of a difference if you consider a long term of millions of years of just being, being here on earth in all its drab prison-ness. If we do accept that dinosaurs lived for millions of years, it really begs the obvious question, just what, what is the **** point of this place? To be utterly pointless ad aeternum?)

The "people who know" what they can't know (whether it be so-called Big Bang theory or what "happened" to the dinosaurs) roll out theories, changing them periodically but never explaining how little humans with no claws nor sharp teeth and so on survived some event which killed every species and size of dinosaur. It's just ignored. Dinosaurs sufferred some "natural" fate, humans, well, don't mention them in the same context. No-one will notice.

As for the natural fate of the dinosaur extinction - was it really? How could it have been in the circumstances? River alligators lived, but megalodon, king of the ocean and which nearly no beast could challenge, simply could not survive. Nothing sounds "natural" about this to me.

The theories really are rolled out as if we are all in nursery school. Mentioning the Big Bang - nowadays scientists and the media never even bother to say "we think" / "we wonder" / "we project" / "we consider". Each nutter seems to KNOW suddenly about something new each week which of course there is no chance in hell of them ever knowing about because it is about stuff which happened millions of years ago / or occurred millions and millions of miles away.

It's such an onslaught of this stuff, and unrelenting, that I for one am not surprised that there are people just not buying any of these nursery school lecturing treatments, even for when there seems to be evidence, like with the dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Knew more about what, 'dino deniers'?
Sorry, I just don't get this whole discussion whatsoever, as the woman is obviously trolling.

Well the OP video made mention of other Christians [or Satanists apparently heh] besides herself who disbelieve in dinosaurs. Additionally one of the videos provided by Grimpachi was not of the woman in the OP.

Furthermore, I don't like quite a few of the people involved in the discussion altogether,

That's alright. You're allowed to dislike or feel bitter towards people. Hopefully I'm not one, but as a rather vocal antitheist I can understand if you would be.

Just seems like an honest mistake(this episode) turned into an opportunity for mockery

Well from what I am seeing it's specifically a rebuttal, and yes mockery, towards the claims against dinosaurs. I haven't been seeing this as an attack on all of Christendom.

If anything only I have been doing that. When I suggested it was a threat to Christianity because dinosaurs had implications that is cause for disbelief in the Bible. Even that I didn't at all intend as an attack on Christians, but the dogma itself. At least that's the way I see it.

It's simply unavoidable that non-religious people are going to address illogical religious beliefs. I can very much understand how Christians would take that personally, yet at the same time I feel it can be towards specific beliefs and not towards the totality of a person. This separation can be seen in the Christian maxim: Hate the sin. Not the sinner. Our critique [and mockery] is towards the sin aka the beliefs and not the believer. At least, I think that's the norm.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Even the Jehovah witnesses I talked today about this know that the animals were created before Adam was. I don't think you are interpreting it right at all. Two old Jehovah Witnesses, in their eighties, come over and we talk about the bible and other things almost every Saturday. It is an interesting discussion. I do tell them what I believe and my beliefs aren't really much different than theirs. The problem is that with all the discussions we are having, we haven't got very far in their book yet. They might have to live forever if they expect to finish up that book at our house. We had to push them twice in the driveway this winter, he smartened up and put his 4x4 back on the road today.

I actually brought this subject up with them today to see what they would say. I gave them a loaf of homemade bread when they left, they are nice old people who like to get out and talk. People need something to do to feel good. They need a purpose to go on.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can appreciate what you're saying but I'd rather not base my interpretation on someone else's interpretation. Unless you can explain their rationale and it seems logical to me. As it stands it seems Genesis 2 is definitely saying God made all land animals after Adam. The operative word being 'now'.

On a side note: that's pretty awesome you invite them in and have discussions, and are friendly with neighbors in general. It seems all too commonplace there is a complete disconnection between neighbors nowadays.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bw1000

So much there that needs being replied to, but I just don't...

I'll just respond to one aspect. Humans didn't exist when the extinction event that killed the dinosaurs happened. We didn't survive it, we were never there.

Also just as an added point, humanity has been through an extinction level event before, and only got through by the skin of our teeth.

Dinosaurs with their large sizes are exceptionally bad at surviving extinction level events, because such events mean less resources, which means less food, which clearly such large beasts need. Their size is precisely why they went extinct when it happened and why the small mammalian rodents that didn't need nearly as much food and mostly lived underground in burrows survived and flourished while the dinos went extinct all around them.

Being large and powerful is often more trouble than it's worth, same with humans. Larger people have a shorter life expectancy for example due to greater physical problems thanks to their larger size putting more strain on their bodies.
edit on PMSat, 28 Feb 2015 22:20:30 -060028America/Chicago2092015Saturdayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The first lesson in the Old Testament, which is the basis for all the major religions, is that education is the first sin.

It sounds to me like whoever wrote that knew what they were talking about. Here we are in a state of chaos with enough nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons laying around to kill every living thing on this planet. One wrong move and we're all dead. Yay science!

Here we are tinkering with the building blocks of life, creating and consuming new lifeforms, creating babies with 3 parents, and we're arrogant enough to think that we can handle anything that could possibly go wrong.

For hundreds of years, the Christian Church persecuted anyone who denied the flat Earth theory, or that the Earth wasn't the center of the Universe. The CHURCH burnt scientists at the stake just for claiming that the Earth rotated around the Sun.

Personally I think they should've doubled down on their efforts. What's a few scientists in the grand scheme of things? If anything you can thank the church for prolonging the inevitable... our own self destruction. They probably bought us a few centuries.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Here we are in a state of chaos with enough nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons laying around to kill every living thing on this planet. One wrong move and we're all dead. Yay science!

It's rather pessimistic to see that and ignore all the ways science has enriched our lives. Our civilization is built upon a foundation of technology. Technology that came as a result of science. Our medical technology alone surpasses this 'state of chaos' of yours. In my strong opinion.

But hey.... however you want to spin things to make a case against knowledge. Go for it. Make sure you write it in a letter though. Wouldn't want to use a computer as that's a pinnacle achievement of science.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yes! Humans are arrogant. I believe that knowledge would be given to man in time, and when we were ready. However, men act like petulant children..."I want my knowledge now, how dare you keep it from me"... Even going as far as saying the deceitful snake is the good guy. Lucifer knew exactly what we would do with this knowledge in our immaturity. Kill each other, create drugs, worship science...etc. Humans would do well to humble themselves and live with the heart of a servant. Refusing to put aside pride and bow before our creator is exactly what caused this whole mess in the first place.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Too late to turn back now, luckily God gave us a way out.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Science is fantastic, makes life more enjoyable...when it's not being used to kill people in mass. Perhaps science and technology would have been better had we had enough balance that we were responsibly prepared to use it. There is also a certain cycle that involves science creating the problems it 'fixes.' For example, the industrial revolution sure made manufacturing principles much better, but those efficient factories created pollution that poisoned the air and water and made people sick. Then science was used to develop medicines for those sick people, but those medical scientists also figured out how to weaponize viruses...etc. Cancers caused by pollution, poisons in our mass produced food. If you can thank science for medicine in computers, you should also look at the bad things as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Please don't think I am ignoring, or even undermining, the negative side of technology. I wouldn't do that. I was merely pointing out that member was ignoring/undermining science and technology by solely focusing on the bad. This was all in context to his agreement with the Bible that knowledge itself was a problem and subsequently used 'bad technology' to support that premise.

I don't really want to continue this as it's very off-topic. Just wanted to clarify.

Too late to turn back now, luckily God gave us a way out.

Yep. Ma'at is awesome like that. Or did you mean Brahmā?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The bible doesn't outright say there were dinosaurs but it does say there were great beasts in Moses time also there's a good amount of context clues pointing toward dinosaur like beasts. But that's just my take

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cheesy459

Your sure they aren't just referencing Mega-fauna?
edit on AMSun, 01 Mar 2015 01:37:44 -060001America/Chicago3092015Sundayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great episode. Really enjoyed it

I tend to agree - out of sheer incredulity - that this woman is simply trying to be as outrageously crazy as possible to get Youtube fame.

If she's real, then thats very scary.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this video as did my family. I wish you much success and happiness !

The lady has bunny boiler eyes.
edit on 1-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cheesy459
The bible doesn't outright say there were dinosaurs but it does say there were great beasts in Moses time also there's a good amount of context clues pointing toward dinosaur like beasts. But that's just my take

There are great beasts at the zoo. Doesn't mean there are dinosaurs at the zoo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join