It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thats not true at all. Islam thrived by taking Constantinople by force, pillaging land for hundreds of years and taking everything they could. They took one of the greatest cities of that time by force and just reger jutaded greek(byzantium) knowledge. Even Roman knowledge that was lost from the barbarians was taken by Ottomans and claimed as their own.

edit on 2-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

it would seem that you were never told about the Byzantine Empire? the original flavor of Christianity...

it is Europe (Western Empire) who experience the dark ages... don't blame Christ! Blame the Pope!

Satan needs Christians because atheists are quite bland... Satan is hungry!

You can play it however you want but the fact remains you attributed ........ no wait you are also implying Christianity has been around for 3,000 years?

Here is a question or two.

What year do you think it is?

What year did Christianity become a religion?

The Dark ages were caused, in part, by the destruction of many non-Christian writings on science, literature, engineering, and Mathematics and I am sure you have heard of the library of Alexandria.

The Islamic world, on the other hand, did not suffer the kind of dark ages that the Christian world did. Play it however you want but Christianity has been at odds with science and higher learning in one form or another for a very long time.

edit to add:

Just FYI you can edit your posts to add more I notice you have replied to my posts with multiple posts on a couple occasions. Also don't bother with videos with me. If you have a link I can read that is good because I can read real fast I just don't have time or patience to sit and watch hours of video.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

No the dark ages was the result of barbarians destroying everything and anything Roman. The sewers, aqueducts, construction, legal system, military protection, schooling, military careers, political system everything was destroyed and needed rebuilt.

The only thing that christianity did to cause this was probably led the Roman military to become weak, Ares god of war or Jesus ultimate pacifist.

The Roman empire's downfall caused the dark ages and the vikings prolonged it
edit on 2-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
On the question of the authenticity of CAD ministries, the Uncertaintist updated its story this evening. The original of the CAD "Dinosuar demonstration" Photoshopped pic turns out to have been taken a parking-fee protest in Cornwall back in 2011. It's been sitting on the parking-protesters Facebook page all this time.

(Which I think is part of the gag... when this is finally over, some of the fun will be to point out that if the people who swallowed this line of bull had only checked...)

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eight bits
Fake protest...

Real protest...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is simple why the deniers do that. Because, if the Dinosaurs existed, then the whole Bible story is questionable. Moreover, human preserved bones of 50,000 years or so go against the idea of a single couple Adam and Eve some 6000y ago. I don't deny the creation of Adam and Eve. But seems they were neither alone on the planet, nor the first ones. Something is wrong with the official Judeo Christian story. Dinosaurs walking on the planet millions years ago and for millions of years, pose a great danger for those whose clocks start at 6000y ago and who want to see the end of the planet (or end times) in our days. The example of dinosaur extinction itself shows it already happened in history, more than once. But the opponents want to make it looking like Armageddon. And perhaps they will succeed.

Who is the descendant of the dinosaurs? The BIRDS.
Perhaps there will be descendants of human race, too.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I cannot understand a brand of Christianity that would place such utterly foolish limitations on God and His Creation.

(or "Divine Creators", "Science", "Aliens" - whatever particular terminology suits your personal fancy.)

I mean seriously - the guy (or see above for semantics) invented everything, how is that such a difficult concept to grasp? Oh wait, no...he can only create things they can wrap their heads around and approve of - everything after that must be the work of "Satan".

I swear some of these half-monkeys will be the death of me.

edit on 3/3/15 by GENERAL EYES because: Formatting....for in the beginning there was the word.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
You can play it however you want but the fact remains you attributed ........ no wait you are also implying Christianity has been around for 3,000 years?

what you personally believe is irrelevant because you are in the minority now!

the fact remains that western civilization has been around a long long time.

western thought (Greek Philosophy) predates Christianity but Christianity has shaped western civilization easily the past 2000 years, they are entwined.

we must also not forget that Christianity includes the Old Testament...

The first five books of the bible in Judaism are called the Torah, meaning "instruction" (it was translated to nomos/law in the Greek Septuagint, and are regarded as the most important section of the Scriptures, are attributed to having have been written between the 16th century and the 12th century BC by Moses,
en.wikipedia.org...

Europeans keep on trippin' but USA is the first Western Nation to be founded without a Religious State Institution...

en.wikipedia.org...

Man made religions can be flawed, but the God of Abraham is not... it is the Bible that is God's authority on earth, not the Pope or some King.

You too can hit it up at the source, it can help atheists in founding their own secular nation, because oddly enough England and quite a few others are not on this list... they're just running a little behind the times.

en.wikipedia.org...

---

PS; attacking Christianity as a whole is akin to racism, do atheist also hate all Asians because of Mao? how about Germans, do atheist hate all Germans because of Hitler? or all Russians because of Stalin?

*that must have been some really bad acid trip y'all... but I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.

edit on 3-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
imo... (yes) they should.

they should separate Church and State because they're all tripping!

And when they do, they should follow USA as a model like the rest of the civilized world, allow all religion, don't suppress them. (people have tried eg; Stalin, Mao, ect)

Separate matters of State from a single specific Religious Institution!

Atheism seems to solely be a European problem... and they are going about it wrong. We Americans could care less about gay pride or atheist pride or heterosexual pride, or pride anything for that matter, Our pride is our flag.

USA officially grew into adults in 1776.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

www.archives.gov... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

what you personally believe is irrelevant because you are in the minority now!

I am not much for simply following the herd and my beliefs must be somewhat relevant you keep responding.

the fact remains that western civilization has been around a long long time.

Yet not as long as Eastern. So you can add that to your facts.

western thought (Greek Philosophy) predates Christianity but Christianity has shaped western civilization easily the past 2000 years, they are entwined.

It has for better or worse. Agreed.

we must also not forget that Christianity includes the Old Testament...

I will let other Christians argue with you on that and they will.

Europeans keep on trippin' but USA is the first Western Nation to be founded without a Religious State Institution...

Why are they trippin?

Man made religions can be flawed, but the God of Abraham is not... it is the Bible that is God's authority on earth, not the Pope or some King.

And the circular reasoning begins.

You too can hit it up at the source, it can help atheists in founding their own secular nation, because oddly enough England and quite a few others are not on this list... they're just running a little behind the times.

I am already part of a secular nation or were you speaking in general?

PS; attacking Christianity as a whole is akin to racism

No it isn't.

do atheist also hate all Asians because of Mao? how about Germans, do atheist hate all Germans because of Hitler? or all Russians because of Stalin?

What's up with you and all the hate? I feel bad for people who are like that. I certainly do not like any of those figures but why would I hate those nations or races because of them that makes no sense. I know Atheism is the fastest growing demographic in the world at the moment but don't give in to fear because of it. “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” Just don't do it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

While this was much like the daunting task of shooting goldfish in a dixie cup, it was entertaining.
And Joe, let me know how you would like the Shill checks distributed. We can do Direct deposit, or paper check. You chose.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

this is good... you're not a follower eh?

that must make you a leader, an independent sole individual with your own beliefs?

this is good... you are diving into a world of philosophy.

individuals have beliefs, whatever they may be...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am not much for simply following the herd and my beliefs must be somewhat relevant you keep responding..

Thou Shall Not Kill!

when did this become a crime? it surely wasn't a crime in Ancient Sparta, on becoming a man it was your duty to go out and kill a Helot.

who wrote this law? it's a crazy law, I want it repealed!

We need to start all over with no recognition of establishment of current laws and from where they came.

We know how to do it on our own now... don't ask me how, we just do.

(sorry for new phone, swiping is quite new to me)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

I am not much for simply following the herd and my beliefs must be somewhat relevant you keep responding..

Thou Shall Not Kill!

when did this become a crime? it surely wasn't a crime in Ancient Sparta, on becoming a man it was your duty to go out and kill a Helot.

who wrote this law? it's a crazy law! I want it repealed... we need to start all over!

That law has been around a long time have you ever looked at eastern culture or pre-Abrahamic religion.

"Though shall not kill" except for:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

link   
Kill False Prophets
1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.' (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
edit on 3-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   
nvm
edit on 3-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

you and I should start a new Nation, an Atheist and Theist making law.

it'll be beautiful... Chaos Vs Order

bigthink.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If I were to start a nation it would be a Meritocracy with a constitutional basis and democratically elected representatives.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If I were to start a nation it would be a Meritocracy with a constitutional basis and democratically elected representatives.

we're in the wrong thread and section...

at any rate, I am a theist who does not deny dinosaurs.

they have the right to exist and their bones are physical, I can touch them with my scientific mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'd base it on Objectivism...

the most influential thinker of the 20th century, 50 years ahead of her time and she hit the nail on the head with her hammer, an impossible feat...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join