It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #39: The Dinosaur Hoax And Christians Against Dinosaurs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Clearly, many people are coming to conclusions without watching the video. Sad.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You are overreacting.

These people are Christian, but all Christians aren't these people.

The Muslim extremists are Muslim, but not all Muslims are Muslim extremists.

Not a single person here is saying all Christians believe, or most Christians believe this, or even anything more than a significant minority of Christians believe this.

Nor are we saying a thing about any Christians that don't believe in this crap, only those that do.

I also don't think many people are saying the Muslim extremists aren't Muslim. What people have a problem with is trying to paint the extremist brush on all Muslims.

If we were trying to say all Christians are ignorant and believe dinosaurs are a lie, then you'd be right, we are in fact being hypocrites to do that. Fortunately no one is.

To Reiterate:

Muslim Extremists are Muslim (T), but not all Muslims are Extremists (T)
Ignorant Christians are Christian (T), but not all Christians are Ignorant (T)

The problem is and always has been the tendency to use the faulty logic of:

Muslim Extremists are Muslim (T), therefore all Muslims are Extremists (F)
Ignorant Christians are Christian (T), therefore all Christians are Ignorant (F)

Then pretending the false statements are true or reasonable.

We were taught logic in school for a reason.

If you honestly think a single person here believes any substantial majority of Christians believe this I don't know what to tell you.

Personally I've seen more Christians that believe life was like the Flintstones with people chillin with dinosaurs Biblically called behemoths. There's whole museums dedicated to this concept.

But as I've stated before have met at least one Christian in real life that didn't believe in dinosaurs around 15 years ago, long before any such viral video.
edit on PMSat, 28 Feb 2015 16:01:37 -060028America/Chicago2092015Saturdayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can't get the video to work - it's a perpetual non-loading/loading animation - did somebody plug in the net neutrality switch already?

I know there ARE ahem 'humans' who believe Dinosaurs rode on Noah's Ark and that the entire universe is only 6,000 years old ... while at the same time they believe in flying saucers and little green men. The actually LEARNED this psuedo-history/science at a University!

So, in 6,000 years ... little green men built an armada of flying saucers, enough for every human on Earth to have a 70% chance of seeing one at least once.

Stay tuned - maybe next year the University will teach them that the dinosaurs rode the flying saucers to Earth too.

Edit: - I got the video to work finally. Will come back to this post if I have anything further to add.

2nd Edit: - *YAWN* I just wasted 20 minutes.
edit on 28/2/2015 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Biblically called behemoths

I've never placed much weight in the book of Job. The entire story is so horrible and downright evil, that it must be allegorical.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why do Christians immediately think your broad brushing them all into the same ignorant category when you point out the ignorance of a few? Is it some insecure persecution complex?

Note: I am not saying all Christians feel this way when the ignorance of some of their flock is pointed out. There are plenty of intelligent Christians too. There are Christians in all walks of life.

Also.. why is every non Christian or someone who speaks out against Christianity and some of its more ignorant positions Satanists?

Personally I think Christianity is represented by a wide range of people. Some smarter than others. I believe they are delusional to one extent or another (depending on the Christian) when it comes to their faith. Am I suddenly a basher or Satanist for saying that?

Of course not. A lot of them feel the exact same way about me and my position.

As for this NLBS episode. I don't think Auclair was the focus of the video. Just used as a jumping off point simply because she went viral recently. Troll or not, like has been pointed out, people believe the things she is saying. (Not all because of her btw).

On a side note: We should get a bonus NLBS one day.

Where Joe reads all the hate mail they received over time.

Gotta be a lot juicier than the ATS comments since T&C apply.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Personally I've seen more Christians that believe life was like the Flintstones with people chillin with dinosaurs Biblically called behemoths. There's whole museums dedicated to this concept.

Job 40:15-24 King James Version

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

The bolded portion sounds like testicles to me.

I'm not sure if dinosaurs had testicles or not tbh.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Job 40:15-24 King James Version

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

The bolded portion sounds like testicles to me.

I'm not sure if dinosaurs had testicles or not tbh.

Hi there, I have read and reread your post a few times and I honestly do not see what this has to do with either the post you replied to or the OP?

It sounds nice but for the non christians out here could you give a rational for the post please?

Not all of us have the same insights as far as interpretation .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It's the description of the tail that most people use to say it's dinosaurs. The issue there is it doesn't compare the tail's appearance to a ceder, only how it sways. Cedars like all trees sway back and forth from the wind. It means the tail goes side to side. The behemoth to me sounds like an elephant, but whatever, that's just me.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Or just more than one cow. The word is the Hebrew plural of behēmāh, which is cattle. And behēmāh is most-often used to describe domesticated beats, not wild beasts.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Either way, is certainly not proof of dinosaurs in the bible, nor us living with them, even if we take the bible as fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Howdy!

The post was a reply to the portion of the larger post by Puppylove. The passage I quoted from the Bible is one of the passages many believe describe dinosaurs. Particularly because of the "He moveth his tail like a cedar" verse. Puppylove didn't specifically mention this passage, only that some believe dinosaurs in the Bible are referred to as behemoths. I pulled up one of the passages describing one such behemoth to point out why I'm not sure if it should be considered a description of a dinosaur or not.

It relates to the OP because dinosaurs, I suppose.

I don't know for sure but I would wager that most, if not all, dino-deniers are YECs (Young Earth Creationists) which more often than not are Christians. Not to pick on them but they are the largest group that I am aware of that denies or misrepresents various sciences and studies.

Though many, probably more, Christians/YECs believe man and dinosaur lived together. Because of passages referenced by Puppylove and the one I quoted. And because of things like the Paluxy tracks and the Ta Prohm temple carving.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Clearly, many people are coming to conclusions without watching the video. Sad.

I did watch the video, I adore Joe...

However, what if NLBS writes up the dialog to go with videos? I know that time consuming but, the information in the videos are worth it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes clearly im over reacting.......its not an all an assessment of the same hypocrisy that we see day in and day out...

please.....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It's the description of the tail that most people use to say it's dinosaurs. The issue there is it doesn't compare the tail's appearance to a ceder, only how it sways. Cedars like all trees sway back and forth from the wind. It means the tail goes side to side. The behemoth to me sounds like an elephant, but whatever, that's just me.

Tail is a euphemism for penis. "Look at its strength in its loins, and its power in the muscles of its belly. It makes its tail stiff like a cedar, the sinews of its thighs are tightly wound." The word for "makes stiff" is translated "erects" in the Septuagint and the Syriac versions. (NET)

Another euphemism is in Job 2:9. When Job's wife tells him to bless God and die, she isn't really telling him to bless God. It is understood that she's telling him to curse God, but pious scribes wouldn't write (or copy) that.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Dibbs on Christians against dinosaurs the movie kickstarter.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Nope, it really isn't. Sorry. Explained it with precise logic and reasoning.

All you've done is basically say "whatever, I'm right anyway, # your logic and reasoning" which is fine if that's what you wish to do. If you really disagree with my reasoning and logic, then disprove it, provide some of your own.

Of course you could choose to instead sulk and stubbornly grunt in my direction, your choice, which is basically what you've done already.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
You seem to be more familiar with the dino deniers. I get that they’re saying the paleontologists and everyone else is fabricating an elaborate lie. What is the consensus among them as to the motive behind the lie?

I've gone this far in one of your vids:

"I don’t believe something just because someone told me, or because it’s in the Bible. I believe it because it’s true. If I read something in the Bible I know it’s true because i know god."

It’s amazing. They can’t even see how circular their logic is.

*Edit: got a little further and now he’s saying dragons and leviathans are in fact real and live in the ocean.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The first lesson in the Old Testament, which is the basis for all the major religions, is that education is the first sin.

Eve eats from the Tree of KNOWLEDGE against the will of God, and therefore original Sin is conceived.

In all religion, and especially Christianity, the Church has worked endlessly throughout history to deny knowledge to the world. They know that as people get more knowledgeable, they move away from religion in droves.

For hundreds of years, the Christian Church persecuted anyone who denied the flat Earth theory, or that the Earth wasn't the center of the Universe. The CHURCH burnt scientists at the stake just for claiming that the Earth rotated around the Sun.

Religion, for millennia, has been attacking scientific fact, even as they have overwhelming evidence (often hidden by the Church themselves) that supports what scientists are saying.

Christians also learn in Church that their leaders are infallible, would always follow the teachings of The Bible, and as such, would NEVER lie.

To hear that things like this are being taught in the guise of proper education is extremely depressing. People (ESPECIALLY Religious people) are so gullible that they will believe anything that their leaders will tell them.

With the amount of verifiable information available online, people need to do their own research and not just assume that what they're being told is the truth.
edit on 28-2-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sorry but I just don't see how you're interpreting it that way.

Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals.

That's what is said after he talks about Adam being alone. We would need to omit this for your interpretation to work.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I wouldn't say I am all that familiar with the dinosaur deniers I only found out about them when NLBS posted they were going to do a story on them.

I am sort of fascinated with people like that. The Aron Ra video was illuminating. Even he was having a hard time believing she was for real.

It takes more than circular logic IMO for those types just what that may be I am not sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join