It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
15 pages later and I still curse half of you but not as much as I curse that damn dress.

edit on 2/27/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And if I ask you to do a headstand whilst looking at the picture you're never going to believe it's not a joke!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Personally, I see pale blue and bronze. I assume it is white and gold. I do NOT see black though lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Charlie, you broke my brain.

It was clearly white and gold. I tried seeing it the other way, nothin'. Fast forward a few hours, I see the picture and it's clearly black and blue. I scoff, assuming it's been manipulated somehow... zip back over here and NOW I WILL NEVER TRUST MY EYES AGAIN. I can no longer see the white and gold! Utter madness.

I just noticed if I switch to the light background on ATS the dress appears black, and if I switch to the dark version it appears white. This is one of the weirdest "verifiable" things I've seen.

Bonus... if it weren't the magical technicolor dress, my conversation would go like this:
"What color is this dress?"
"Ugly."
edit on 27-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's still the same color, and can move the computer screen in any direction. Have seen it for 2 days on another site and it hasn't changed at all. Its baby blue with bronzed, tannish gold.

What surprised me to no end was the amount of people really seriously ruffled that others didn't see the same as they did. That there was a group consensus, that everyone had to have the same biology, the same cones in their eyes, the same perception, or they acted almost offended. And it came to me maybe the elite are trying to see if they can convince people to override their eyes and go with a group verdict instead. If so that would be sick.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

It would be sick. I'm pretty self confident and was certain this was one of those school jokes where people just say "Yeah I can see it cos I is special." BUt it isn't. It is a great optical illusion.

STILL A MARKETING PLOY THOUGH HENCE THE LINKS TO AMAZON TO BUY THE DRESS.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There is one question that I would like answered when people see white instead of blue. Not that there is anything wrong with seeing white. But I answered the question on what my eyes see literally, not what the dress is supposed to be in another light, but what you're literally seeing in that photo. Are people literally seeing white in the photo, or do they just think its white but in shade appearing blue?

Because if they're seeing white, or even black not goldish brown, in the blue and gold scenario, then we're literally seeing things differently. If someone is saying what it is based on what they think it is, but not sticking with the photo, then they're not sticking with the now, but intellectualizing something. Think it's somewhat interesting, because it shows differences in people's eyes, cones, and also in their methods, whether they stick with the facts or interject their knowledge, beliefs, views into the facts.

But will say, the facts in this case, vary...lol.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Not even tempted to buy it, thats a fugly dress. LOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

originally posted by: and14263
It's a troll/joke. The dress in photo is white and gold, real dress is blue/black. As I mentioned, Amazon marketing technique.

No, it's not. Why do you think there is a great debate going on? Some people see it as blue and black (the true colors) and others can only see it as white and gold. Some - like myself - can see both with some trial and error. If everyone just saw white and gold, then there wouldn't be a discussion at all. And I completely understand why you have that position - when I first saw the photo I saw it as white and gold and couldn't understand how anyone could confuse it for blue and black... That's why I'm trying to help people see the different sets of colors, because it's so amazing that the eye/brain can be tricked in such a manner.

This, people don't see it the same. I'm baby blue and gold/tan/bronze. no white and no black. But everyone seems to be literally seeing it differently. And for me this holds true in 2 days, every time, and tilting the screen every which way.

link   

It's purpley whiteish with beige/gold bands before you notice the purple/black version.

Deffo not clear cut white - certainly lilac.

link   

White like snow.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm an amateur photographer and have done A LOT of work with photoshop.

The dress initially appeared to my eye as white with gold lace/trim. I looked at the background, lighting, saturation, etc and determined the same thing. It looked like what passes for 'lace' these days in a darkish tan/gold color, a shiny white jacket (like satin) and the 'striped' bits white as well. The white was all sort of blue or violet tinted (I assumed this was due to lighting, especially on the shiny jacket.).

Until I saw it again a few hours later. Bizarre. I'm sure the government is/will be putting this to good use somehow.

The fashion industry could use the technique for clash-free clothes? Hah.
edit on 27-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Those that see a white and gold dress, do this experiment:

Visit this page - but scroll down to the very last image in the article - the blue dress on the white background. Stare at it for a couple of seconds and concentrate on what color the dress is. The slowly scroll up the the photo (on the same page) that started the whole debate...

What happens?

Blue stays blue, not dark blue either. Baby blue. And the bronze stays bronze. And people don't need their eyes, checked, there are more people not seeing black than are, or roughly 50/50, so it seems more of a natural difference in the cones.

From the answers people gave me above, we either have different cones in our eyes or the programs in the brain that decode light waves vary.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
There is one question that I would like answered when people see white instead of blue. Not that there is anything wrong with seeing white. But I answered the question on what my eyes see literally, not what the dress is supposed to be in another light, but what you're literally seeing in that photo. Are people literally seeing white in the photo, or do they just think its white but in shade appearing blue?

Because if they're seeing white, or even black not goldish brown, in the blue and gold scenario, then we're literally seeing things differently. If someone is saying what it is based on what they think it is, but not sticking with the photo, then they're not sticking with the now, but intellectualizing something. Think it's somewhat interesting, because it shows differences in people's eyes, cones, and also in their methods, whether they stick with the facts or interject their knowledge, beliefs, views into the facts.

But will say, the facts in this case, vary...lol.

The first paragraph is exactly why I said what I saw, not what I assumed it was. We seem to be seeing the same thing. Glad I'm not alone.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let's try this one.

Again, scroll down slowly until the dress just comes into view. I've simply picked up a color from the middle of the dress and filled around it. Let's see if it works for those still in the white camp. (There's a racist joke in there somewhere...
)

And once again the image from the OP:

edit on 27/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

They wanna get my
WHITE AND GOLD on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
SO cool! Initially, I thought the blue-blackers were just putting everyone on. I thought, 'there is no way someone can see black where I see gold lace.' After having the photo presented upside-down I saw the dress blue-black - thinking, 'Oh! I get it now - i see how i was mis-interpreting the hues somehow!' So I pulled up the original photo that I saved, just to be sure it was the same, and just turned 180 degrees. This re-oriented my perspective to white-gold again and dammit, now for the life of me, I cant seem to make it go back to blue-black because my mind is now familiar with the photo viewed upside-down. This is definitey one of the coolest optical illusions I've seen in a long time!
xox

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That dress is white and gold/brown, there is zero doubts about it. Nothing is ever going to make change my mind.
Maybe some of you people can't tell colors independently from the light source.

To show a bit more credibility, I scored like 98% in a super hard shading test from the internet! :p

Edit :
I also found this picture.
edit on 27-2-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I see light pale sky blue and gold/light brown as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
WOW!!

Well I was convinced it was white and gold... I mean, it was white and gold but then I looked at the link on Amazon and saw it as Blue and Black....

So then.... I will look at the original again.

NO NO NO NO NO!!

How could it be, the original that I definitely saw s White and Gold is now Blue and Black!!! Weird!!

I swear the colours flipped!!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join