It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Marketing ploy from Topshop to promote their new dress?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Of course it's about the photos. I don't think you're hearing me out. I have all these images placed side by side pasted in a single image in PS and I clearly see differences. You're trying to suggest if we scroll up and down or focus for so long then we will see said image differently. What I am saying is that's not the case with my eyes seeing them.

As far as the surroundings. That has been my point from the start. We can only assess the photo. The actual conditions/environment of the photo we don't know. There are many light sources both natural and artificial that further color photos... and the light that bounces of the surrounding environment.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My 5 years old son said blue and black just after his mother said beige in front of him, his pure innocent soul could see the truth, I cannot trust her anymore.

I need aluminum foil for my hat now

edit on 27-2-2015 by Indigent because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Marketing ploy from Topshop to promote their new dress?

Yep! You've only got to look at the tweets on this page to realise this is certainly some sort of viral campaign for publicity for someone or something.
What colour is my d...

EDIT:

How handy - an advert on where to buy it too!!

edit on 27-2-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I saw a news article on this dress picture this morning. I looked and it was blue with black. I downloaded the picture just to see if anyone in my family saw something different. They are still asleep. So here I am on ATS and the picture in the OP looks white and tan. So I look at the picture I downloaded...it now looks white and tan. So...thinking it was some kind of trick, I went back to the news article and looked at the picture. Damn if it doesn't look white and tan now.

Mind blown!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Yeah I think we're talking past each other...

I have managed to see both colors now, on the same computer, in the same room with the same lightning.
When I open a page and the photo from the OP is the first thing I see, then it's white and gold for me. And it stays that way. However, if I scroll slowly from the bottom up as I suggested above, then I can see the dress as blue and black. And once it's blue and black it stays that way, unless I don't see the original photo for a short time.

It's an amazing effect, and I would like you (or anyone else) to experience it as well. Because once the colors change for you, you won't believe that you've seen those same colors as white and gold earlier... It's so weird that something that was one color moments ago, can now be a completely different color.
edit on 27/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: Wrong word

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Am I the only one who realises this has been released on payday for a reason?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Do not try and change the color of the dress, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no color. Then you will see it is not the color of the dress that changes, it is only yourself.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yes! That's exactly what happened to me! The first time I looked, I definitely saw white and gold. I kept reading comments about how it was blue and black, so I kept going back to the dress to see, and suddenly I can only see blue and black. It was so clearly white and gold to me in the beginning that I wondered if somehow the picture itself changed - but that's not possible, is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So my missus says white and gold...

Her sister says black and blue...

My mum says white and gold...

My best mate says blue and black...

One of my cousins says its blue and black...

& my nan just said white and gold...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
For those that see white and gold, please try this:

Slowly (very slowly) scroll down until you get to the original picture of the dress that caused the great divide. Stop when you see the red line on the left hand side. What color is the dress?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have only looked at this image, on this thread, on this website. It has remained white and tan/bronze, no matter how I look at it, at what angle, or how many hours have passed. I honestly do not know, what the hell everyone else is experiencing, but I am just seeing the same thing, over and over again.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Tried your experiment out.

White and gold or variation thereof.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's the color ugly.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Aw man. Pity. Maybe it'll work for someone else. Works for me and at least one other person.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Strange isn't it.

I feel the same but on the blue and black side of things.

Even before I'd seen other pictures it was my only take away.
Bizarre.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

There's no doubt in my mind that above the red line is absolutely black and blue...
Which should help to decisively deduce that the entire dress is B&B...

There is a slight discolouration below...
But anyone I know who has said white and gold hasn't attributed it to discolouration in the photo, and is quite certain the actual dress W&G.

This may remain a mystery...

Antiquity has the Sphinx...
But we have the Dress...

Take that, ancients!

edit on 27-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If it were black and blue, we wouldnt be able to see the detail of the dress that we can in the OPs photo because black and blue are, well, pretty dark. Especially royal blue which a few mentioned it being... And the lighting in that photo isnt that great. But you CAN clearly see the detail.

I see white n gold, clearly and nothing even close to black n blue.

Eh, I'd rather be in the minority. Its less crowded.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Viral marketing. Good idea, I like it.

how did people not think there could be different color combinations of this dress?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Nice one Gem - it worked! I totally saw it as blue & black!

But when I looked away and looked back it was white & gold/bronze again.

My head continues to melt...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join