It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm a male with no vision problems and I definitely see brown/tan with a light blue or white depending on how I look at it.

I copied a block of the color some people think is black and compared it to black.... it isn't black, it's brown. I used brown color and made another block to compare. It's brown/tan.

If you see black I think you need your eyes checked for color blindness. Seriously.

s3.postimg.org...

For those that think it looks black, what does my image look like to you? Does it look like three black squares? Because the computer says brown/tan, and computers don't have issues with optical illusions.

edit on 27-2-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

The only difference worth mentioning - is that when I see it as white and gold, it's in well lit room, compared to the blue and black scenario in a darker environment.

I think that might just be the determining factor here.

I had a friend say he saw it one way. His laptop was unplugged from the wall and for that reason had the brightness lowered drastically compared to the settings when it was plugged in. He plugged it into the wall and saw it much differently.

Honestly I don't really know. I have had theories and convictions but they have been challenged based on what everyone seems to be describing. Especially when they say multiple people around them looking at the same image, same screen, same time, see different colors.

It seems to me that the image is blue-gray and gold-bronze. When you remove the blue color cast it becomes white-beige and gold.

Again, this is all based on the photo itself and the dress itself could be different as we cannot know for sure all the light variables in that room/environment.

Though I think it likely the dress is in fact more on the 'white and gold' camp.

My opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

The dress was tracked down, and this is what it looks like:

Source
So perhaps those that don't see black should get their eyes tested?

edit on 27/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: Missing letter

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Tracked down? How? What's the source of the seller? How do we know there isn't multiple colors it's sold in?

Just being objective

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Nah we don't need to get our eyes tested lol

via that source you linked I see images that are clearly 'white and gold' [original image] and the new images which are clearly black and blue.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

This is a second photo of the dress uploaded by the same user who posted the photo that sparked a fierce online debate. (From the source above.)

The dress is also supposedly available from this store... (which should have all varieties of the available colors - but I can't find it.)

Edit: Found it! HERE it is with 4 different color variations. Which does not include gold and white...

edit on 27/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Not trying to be obtuse but how do we know the original image said to be from the Scottish singer Caitlin McNeill is also the source of these follow up images? The article doesn't make that connection other than stating it is so. If I missed something obvious, or I'm not privy to something I should be, let me know lol

Been drinking some beer tonight ^_^

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Found it! HERE it is with 4 different color variations. Which does not include gold and white...

Ahh. Okay. Well in that case I think it's settled.

Also what are the 4 color combinations. I am only seeing two heh..

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The dress is most definitely blue and black.

However, the picture of it seems to be washed out, and the hue and saturation of the image causes the black to have a slight gold tint to it in some parts, and the blue part of the dress seems to be somewhat reflective so I see white highlights here and there. This may be fooling peoples minds, or their eyes have trouble with hue, which is a common problem.

But since my eyes are able to see that it is a washed out image, and hue and saturation is bad, I know it is blue and black dress.

If you all truly see white and gold, you may have hue / saturation problems with your eyes.

How about everyone take this hue eye test:

www.xrite.com...

I have a theory that everyone who sees white and gold will have a high score, and everyone who sees black and blue will have a low score.

I scored a 10. Which is on the low side. I see a blue and black dress.
edit on 27-2-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

LoL. If I didn't know any better - I would've guessed it was your first time on ATS...

This is the original Tumblr Account (Be warned: It is Tumblr, so expect the worst in Language and Nudity if you wander away from the linked page.)

You'll find the second photo (from the wedding) with the caption: this is the dress as i saw it on the day of the wedding. blue and black. It’s just that one photo bUT it’s so weird???!??

Don't see why she should lie. And anyway, that's besides the point, because the whole point is taht so many people are seeing two different colors in one photo. The second photo was just to prove that the dress is actually blue and black.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I remember the story of Netchicken! Remember those shenanigans from back in the day? lol I am far from new!

Thanks for the links. Like I said I've been drinking beer

Don't see why she should lie.

Wasn't suggesting anyone was lying per se. I just didn't have the info to connect things.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

So I just viewed the original tumblr source you linked.

All those images are clearly 'blue and black'... well not really I see 'blue and bronze' and 'blue and black'. Yet taking the OP image into Photoshop right next to it I am seeing 'white-beige and gold' next to the images from your source.

Something is fishy here.

If she is the true source, then I can only surmise her image was adjusted in an editor and that's what went viral.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's so weird, first it looked blue and black when first shown to me, even after my children and mrs told me it was white and gold....now looking at it on ATS it is white and Gold...

What is going on? Glitch in the matrix?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

That is definetly a black and blue dress. But the image in the op is of a white (bluish hue) and brown dress.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

There was always the factor of lighting conditions. Yet it doesn't account for such a drastic discrepancy. In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
nm
edit on 2 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Those that see a white and gold dress, do this experiment:

Visit this page - but scroll down to the very last image in the article - the blue dress on the white background. Stare at it for a couple of seconds and concentrate on what color the dress is. The slowly scroll up the the photo (on the same page) that started the whole debate...

What happens?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I don't need to do a scroll effect or a focus effect... I have all these images placed side by side man...

I see distinct color differences amongst them side by side.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

It isn't about the photo. It's about how the brain interprets colors (shadow and light) because of the surroundings. It's a known effect as illustrated by Domo's link and the Nat Geo TV program Brain Games.

So, if you can explain to your eye/brain that you are looking at a blue dress then you might see the true colors - thus my suggested scrolling method above.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Purple with sort of browny bits on.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join