It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And for what it's worth, both my mother and older kid see the dress as white & gold. The little kid sees black blue. Lol, now I got everyone arguing over a dress color scheme, wonderful.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What Color Is This Dress...

I'm just curious...does everybody see the first dress (in this pic) as white and gold? The middle white and gold but with a blue tinge? The third black and blue?
Or do they all look the same to some people?

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This really weirded me out. When I first saw this, it looked white and gold. Then I saw a different version on facebook that was clearly blue and black. When I went back to this thread, it looked blue and black, instead of white and gold like it did previously.

Witchcraft!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I'm just curious...does everybody see the first dress (in this pic) as white and gold? The middle white and gold but with a blue tinge? The third black and blue?

jacygirl

the version on the left isn't what it looks like when it's white and gold. it looks like a real white and gold/yellow dress and the rest of the pic is the same

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a lot of my FB friends are just getting around to this and most of them are seeing gold and white.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: oleus

jacygirl

the version on the left isn't what it looks like when it's white and gold. it looks like a real white and gold/yellow dress and the rest of the pic is the same

Hey oleus!
Can I ask what you mean by, "...the rest of the pic is the same"...?
Do they all look the same to you? The first and third are completely different to me.
(I'm just trying to figure this all out too, lol)

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK.......all day long I've been seeing white and gold/beige lace.

So, I go into my lounge and my son calls me over and asks me what colour the dress is..I say white and gold/beige lace...he hoots and says he sees blue and black! Go figure.....

Might be an age thing?

Jane

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

jacygirl

Left: White/gold Middle: White with a slight blue tinge/gold Right: blue and black. At no time did the left or middle dress ever turn blue and black for me. I suspect that this is an experiment in persuasion and not about how people perceive colors. If people (not including those who are color-blind) really perceived colors that vastly different, this wouldn't be the first time we would have heard about it. On-line and catalog clothing sales would be near impossible, with huge percentages of people returning blue clothes because they had ordered that which appeared online or in the catalog as white. You'll note that the skin of the model is not in any of the photos because that would reveal the hoax.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I see all 3 as blue and black (where as earlier I saw white and gold). I don't believe it's about persuasion.

Check this out:

www.wired.com...

Edit:

You should also be able to test this out for yourself if you have photoshop. Just open the white/gold images (that you see), sample each color, and then fill a blank image with said color.
edit on 27-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

What you said. I see three different dresses there.

That is what I find so perplexing about the various pics and I keep waiting for the Punk'd moment. I mean, if I wasn't able to perceive the blue/black - wouldn't that be kind of universal? So, if I can't see it sometimes and can see it others - it's an illusion of lighting, not my eyes.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

it's an illusion of lighting, not my eyes.

It's both

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: oleus

jacygirl

Hey oleus!
Can I ask what you mean by, "...the rest of the pic is the same"...?
Do they all look the same to you? The first and third are completely different to me.
(I'm just trying to figure this all out too, lol)

jacygirl

in that three-way pic i just see blue dresses

when i mentioned the "rest of the pic looked the same" i was referring to when i briefly saw clearly a gold and white dress that the rest of the picture looked the same around the dress

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

jacygirl

Left: White/gold Middle: White with a slight blue tinge/gold Right: blue and black. At no time did the left or middle dress ever turn blue and black for me. I suspect that this is an experiment in persuasion and not about how people perceive colors. If people (not including those who are color-blind) really perceived colors that vastly different, this wouldn't be the first time we would have heard about it. On-line and catalog clothing sales would be near impossible, with huge percentages of people returning blue clothes because they had ordered that which appeared online or in the catalog as white. You'll note that the skin of the model is not in any of the photos because that would reveal the hoax.

just to further clarify

yeah that pic on the far left looks a little yellow manipulated like that, but when i saw it "switch" on tv and on my devices it was clearly gold and white and nothing like that simulation

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think this is brainwashing 101... lets fight about colors and forget about the more important matters of exposing the propaganda bull$h!t that our government and media are succeeding in blinding the masses with. WHY did the New York Times, Washington Post, FOX News, and Cosmopolitan feel the need to make this front page news??? I hope to God someone figures out what this is all about, aside from bad eyesight. Below is a crappy article about what it might mean regarding color perception and sunlight... still answers no questions at all and I'm sad to say, I looked at the picture too... It's blue and black...stop looking at the picture.

wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress
edit on 27-2-2015 by IHearYouListening because: word spelled wrong

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hope you all realise that this is the Matrix that David Icke has been trying to get people to see for nearly 30 years...

Here's a blue and black Homer Simpson...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My daughter showed up for the weekend, I showed her the image in the OP, she said the dress was white and tan.

I then showed her the original dress as black and blue and she said it comes in white and tan too. LOL Well, I guess it does now. LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi guys, actually I think it has more to do with our eyes, and how they work in different lights, more than the picture. When I first saw the picture was in daytime and it was white and gold, and then I looked at it again a couple of hours later, when it was dark and I saw it blue and black.

The eyes have 2 type of cells, cones which are mostly used in bright light and are responsible for the color we see. They have a peak sensitivity in the yellow-green spectrum (550nm), and Rod cells which are used in dim light and are responsible for our night vision, and they are much less color sensitive, and they have peak sensitivity in the violet-blue spectrum (420-470nm).

I think if your cone cells are mostly active, you will see it white and gold, and if the rod cells are mostly active you will see it blue and black.

Today morning I opened the curtains and looked at the picture, it took a while (about one hour) but I saw with my own eyes how the dress changed color while my eyes adjusted from dim light to a sunny morning bright light.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So, I finally saw my first TV news snippet on this dress thing while passing through a room.
It was being hailed as "such an interesting story!"

Please God, our world needs to end.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think it's interesting. What's uninteresting about it to you? I find science very interesting (the science of the senses even more so). Like synesthesia!

www.livescience.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join