It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lizziejayne

Awesome! I know, right?! The moment the penny finally drops, your brain stalls for a moment, and you start to question your life, the world, everything. LoL!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
For anyone who can't see the difference BLACK/BLUE vs WHITE/TAN...try this link. It is a FoxNews article. Then click the link there that says "posted this photo".

Dress Story

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Gemwolf

Tried your experiment out.

White and gold or variation thereof.

It's a troll/joke. The dress in photo is white and gold, real dress is blue/black. As I mentioned, Amazon marketing technique.
edit on 27-2-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
For anyone who can't see the difference BLACK/BLUE vs WHITE/TAN...try this link. It is a FoxNews article. Then click the link there that says "posted this photo".

Dress Story

Naaah, I refuse to believe it!!!

I also found this:

amazon.com< br />
Could the dress come in more combinations of colors?

Never trust Fox news! - rule #1. Lol.

Secondly, seeing is believing because my PERFECTLY NORMAL BRAIN tells me so.

Cant believe i just posted a picture of a dress! What am I doing with my morning time?! I gotta get to the office!!
edit on 5602x6756America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I would like to do a poll.

What colors do you see?

Are you male of female?

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted?

Colorblind to any degree?

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen?

I will go first.

What colors do you see? White and gold

Are you male of female? female

Perfect vision, near sighted or far sighted? near sighted

Colorblind to any degree? no

Have other people in your house seen a different color on the same screen? Yes, they saw it as black and blue.

I see a blue-ish white and gold, female, both near-sighted and far-sighted (bifocals), not colorblind, no one else lives in the house with me.
edit on 2/27/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
It's a troll/joke. The dress in photo is white and gold, real dress is blue/black. As I mentioned, Amazon marketing technique.

No, it's not. Why do you think there is a great debate going on? Some people see it as blue and black (the true colors) and others can only see it as white and gold. Some - like myself - can see both with some trial and error. If everyone just saw white and gold, then there wouldn't be a discussion at all. And I completely understand why you have that position - when I first saw the photo I saw it as white and gold and couldn't understand how anyone could confuse it for blue and black... That's why I'm trying to help people see the different sets of colors, because it's so amazing that the eye/brain can be tricked in such a manner.
edit on 27/2/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was looking at this the other day and I am pretty sure this is some kid of social experiment.

I think they have been using two identical dresses but only they are different colours and I looking to see how social media reacts.

Like they are wanting to post a picture of a white and gold dress like the OP posted then have people say "no that's blue and black" then see if people can be persuaded through social media that what is actually gold and white is really black and blue. Which is really odd because on the BBC website this morning they were showing a picture of a black and blue dress.

I really do think this is some kind of social media experiment we will be all laughing about next week.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I saw the dress for the first time in the op, i saw it blue and black, ever since never i saw it differently, i show the same pic in the same device to my wife, she said beige in front of her without saying anything i lower the tablet to my son and he said blue and black.

There is no social experiment brains are different and fill the blanks in different ways.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

No, it's a viral campaign to sell the dress through Amazon.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I saw the dress for the first time in the op, i saw it blue and black, ever since never i saw it differently, i show the same pic in the same device to my wife, she said beige in front of her without saying anything i lower the tablet to my son and he said blue and black.

There is no social experiment brains are different and fill the blanks in different ways.

WoW!!!

Scrap what i said before you are right!!!

If you look at a picture of the dress in a light room its white and gold.

if you look at it in a dark room its blue and black (or somewhere in between)

That is so cool!

I was so convinced that when i looked at it this morning it was blue and black not white and gold but i was looking at it in a dark room, now that its light the dress looks to be a different colour.
edit on 27-2-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
For those that see white and gold, please try this:

Slowly (very slowly) scroll down until you get to the original picture of the dress that caused the great divide. Stop when you see the red line on the left hand side. What color is the dress?

Holy crapoly! I think that's the only and first time I've EVER seen this dress in blue and black. (Upside down, but blue and black. LOL)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Awesome! The reason I turned it upside down is because the first time I noticed the color change I was scrolling from the bottom up. So (I think) to get the color to change you have to see the bottom of the dress before the top of the dress.

a reply to: and14263

And you have proof of that?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Most definitely white and gold

ETA- just showed it to my coworkers. Two of them saw blue and black. The other one saw white and gold as well.
edit on 2 27 2015 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Oh wait....

EDIT: OMG
edit on 27-2-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am calling shenanigans on this one. I suspect the picture is some kind of trick picture that changes color based on your IP or something.

This morning on a different computer I saw the same dress on Fox News and it was blue and black. I came to work and on this thread it looks white and gold. I checked back on Fox News to see their picture - and suddenly the picture on this thread changed from white and gold to black and blue. It's not in my mind - I know how to tell colors apart. The picture definitely changed color.

It's a trick. I don't know how it works, but it's a trick. Maybe it's some dumb college student's "social experiment" (really just trolling) to see how hard people will fight over a picture when they see different colors on it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm going insane.

I saw white and gold first.

Following this thread into the wee hours last night I started to sometimes see is blue and black and sometimes white and gold.

Then... And this is the part where I lost my marbles ... I was looking at the white and gold dress and the color slowly shifted before my eyes to blue and black!!!!

Ahhh!!! Sorcery!! burn it!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Looking forward to spending today hugging my knees and rocking back and forth.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Seriously... save image to file on your desktop... open it and rotate it.

The dress is the best optical illusion I've seen for a long time.

I still think it is a marketing ploy as a few of the top google links have a link to Amazon.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It must be soo good to be the lady that make the dress now

cnn interview with her

edition.cnn.com...

she will make white and gold version now due to popularity

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I still think it is a marketing ploy as a few of the top google links have a link to Amazon.

My auto rotate will not let me lol, on ma tablet today!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My auto rotate will not let me lol, on ma tablet today!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join