It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Can't Be Seen from Outer Space

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sadang

Why do we need space agencies to understand or prove things? Really?!

Let's see. If there were no space agencies, how would we, you know, get into space?

What an utterly rediculous question.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's not just NASA. There are other space agencies around the world that aren't American.

Yes, and not a one of them has taken a photo of the Sun while on their way to the Moon or Mars or wherever. Without scientific tests that PROVE the Sun is visible from outside of the atmosphere it is just an assumption. As with the Armstrong vs Mitchell statements, NASA will do nothing to clear up the question, it would be the death of them and and all of present mainstream astronomical models.

@OBM

The properties of light were understood 300 years before NASA existed.

SOME of the behaviours of light are understood, but not one scientist to this day actually claims to know what light IS.

Once wildespace has figured out how to work with all that data from the instruments then I believe we will find that things don't add up as they should, which is why they make it so difficult, but again, this is all an unnecessary waste of time and effort when all that is needed is a photo of the Sun from outside of Earths atmosphere. The A11 astronauts WERE actually told not to look at the Sun from the Lunar surface because it was so bright, and didn't, or didn't photograph it anyway, but did from A12 onwards, so what changed? And if it was safe to look at the Sun and photograph it from the Lunar surface, why not do the same from cislunar space, where they spent far more time and with not much else to do?
The whole thing is a joke, a very big joke played against us dumb humans, knowing that very few will ever figure it out, and those that do have no way to prove it. I do believe someone will actually be able to perform the simple tests needed one day, but the PTB are going to do everything in their power, and that means some seriously nasty stuff, to prevent us "Seeing the Light".
When I first started examining this subject even I thought that I would find some evidence or images that disproved the idea, but years of looking, including the insults and abuse that has been thrown at me, the bannings from so called scientific forums, and mostly the fact that there is still not visible light photographs of the Sun from deep space, has totally convinced me that NASA is the biggest fraud ever.
So, until that photo, independently verifiable, of the Sun turns up, I'm outa' here.
To those few who may have some doubts about the models of the cosmos we are taught, I say just keep looking and learning, and the truth will reveal itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

So, I'm guessing the photos of the Sun, that have already been shown to you, somehow, don't count?

Here's the thing. There is a crap load of science to prove that there is visible light in space. There's also eye witnesses that have said they saw stars in space. What have you got? Nothing.
edit on 272016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

- what space or which space? yours or mine? how deep do you consider the space? below or beyond the cisluna space? and so on...
- what an utterly ridiculous question.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What exactly are you on about? The space that everyone is on about is the space outside of this planet.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
As with the Armstrong vs Mitchell statements, NASA will do nothing to clear up the question, it would be the death of them and and all of present mainstream astronomical models.

With all of the information that has been available at this point in time, if one can't see that, one has tunnel vision.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots
With all of the information that has been available at this point in time, if one can't see that, one has tunnel vision.

You mean all the information about stars and the Sun being visible in space? Exactly! We've been trying hard to get GaryN out of his tunnel vision and give us some tangible proof, but it's to no avail.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

- I don't want to appear rude, but you are far, far away from understanding something around you!
- could you tell for example what is the difference between hydrogen's inter-atomic space and solar system's space?
- and finally what is space?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I think we're dealing with a philosopher here, so be careful, lest you get dragged down into a rabbit hole.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Let's try a different tack...again...

There are many satellites in Earth orbit. Many of them have solar panels. Solar panels that require sunlight to hit them to generate power in space. Think about that Gary. They also have antennae.

On regular and very predictable occasions you can see sunlight reflecting off these solar panels and antennae in the form of iridium flares.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can see these flares in the night sky. Night.

Please explain how this works Gary, ideally without making up some imaginary science.

edit on 3/7/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

I think we're dealing with a philosopher here, so be careful, lest you get dragged down into a rabbit hole.

I think you're correct. He's either trying to derail the topic of is being deliberately obtuse.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

Hey GaryN. Here's a question for you.

If stars (and in your theory, visible light) can't be seen in space, hoe could all of the Apollo mission astronauts see their controls in their crafts? I'm pretty sure they could see them using visible light sources within their craft.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

And there were numerous occasions when there was no atmosphere in the CM and LM, for example the collection of the camera magazines from the CSM SIM bay during TEC.

www.flickr.com...

and form 1:12:28 on this:

No flourescence, no lunar atmosphere, no dust to excite the UV molecules, just visible light entering cameras using normal film. How is this possible?

If you can't see stars in space, you can't see anything.

edit on 3/7/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: video time

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Exactly!

GaryN said that earths atmosphere goes about 1000km.
Distance earth to moon is roughly 384,400km.

That would mean they were, literally, flying blind for about 383,400km.

Seems about as likely as me finding a 9 pound note in my sofa.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Also, this video has footage of the Sun shining through the CM and LM windows, once even directly into the camera. I believe GaryN was demanding this sort of stuff in the previous posts.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I think that comes under "2 birds, 1 stone".

I wonder what excuse there'll be this time?
The moons atmosphere stretches out for 100s or 1000s of km?
There was dust over everything?

I'm sure it will be something we will be laughing at either way.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh my Lord he's spamming Icke's forum with it now.

I do believe the Apollo astronauts went to the Moon, but have always been puzzled by the difference of accounts between Armstrong and Mitchell about the view out there. Armstrong said it was black seen from cislunar space, Mitchell said the stars were ten times brighter. NASA never commented either way, and none of the other astronauts commented either.

That's a blatant lie isn't it Gary, because you have been given all the comments about stars by Apollo astronauts many times on this forum, quite often by me.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

- spamming or exposing his own point of view?
- is something wrong in having a different opinion than the others?
- is uncomfortable to see others dare to think by themselves?
- hmmm... this means the evolution of the human species?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Something else emerges when you check the facts of what GaryN is claiming, namely that astronauts don't really talk about the sun. This is also factually incorrect. If you search the transcripts you find repeated references to the sun, sometimes when discussing the subsolar point on Earth or moon, or how various parts of the Earth and moon are lit, but mostly in reference to how annoyingly bright the sun is.

You would no more look directly at the sun in space than you would on Earth, nor would you intentionally aim a camera at it, as Apollo 12 found out for their TV broadcasts.

Apollo went to study the moon, not the sun. You can get perfectly good images of the sun from Earth in the visible spectrum (and at the time of Apollo we were already getting images in other spectra), why waste film on it in space? Same applies today.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Oh my Lord he's spamming Icke's forum with it now.

I do believe the Apollo astronauts went to the Moon, but have always been puzzled by the difference of accounts between Armstrong and Mitchell about the view out there. Armstrong said it was black seen from cislunar space, Mitchell said the stars were ten times brighter. NASA never commented either way, and none of the other astronauts commented either.

That's a blatant lie isn't it Gary, because you have been given all the comments about stars by Apollo astronauts many times on this forum, quite often by me.

And by me too. And im also convinced that Sadang is Gary.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join