It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars Can't Be Seen from Outer Space

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

So all the other space agencies are NASA?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
- not strictly necessary, maybe they have the same financiers or godfather?
- for sure all spatial agencies are not independent entities, and for sure they not represent the interest of me or you!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sadang

Why is it in your or my interest to think that stars cannot be seen in space?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
Only NASA has access to space

One of the funniest things I've read lately. Thanks for a good LOL.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So all the other space agencies are NASA?

Have any of the others shown us a photograph of the sun or stars from outside of the atmosphere? Or even from their ISS modules?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
- why was it in Neil interest to say not to only to think the same thing?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sadang
- why was it in Neil interest to say not to only to think the same thing?

Armstrong?
Did he say stars (and the Sun) cannot be seen in space?

When asked this specific question:

I have two brief questions that I would like to ask, if I may. When you were carrying out that incredible Moon walk, did you find that the surface was equally firm everywhere or were there harder and softer spots that you could detect. And, secondly, when you looked up at the sky, could you actually see the stars in the solar corona in spite of the glare?

He gave this specific answer:

We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.

history.nasa.gov...

Now, according to GaryN, since the Moon has an "atmosphere" Neil should have seen stars from the lunar surface. Right?

edit on 6/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I think it is a waste of time here Sadang, obviously almost everyone here including moderators and probably the big cheese himself thinks Neil Armstrong was a liar. Edgar Mitchell is their man, the stars are 10 times brighter, the planets are easy to see, the Sun is a big, hot, blazingly bright monster. No proof required.
If that's their official position, I'll have no further part of it. "Deny Ignorance", that's the biggest joke of all.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think it is a waste of time here Sadang, obviously almost everyone here including moderators and probably the big cheese himself thinks Neil Armstrong was a liar.
No. He wasn't lying. But, since you say that the Moon has an "atmosphere" do you think he lying was when he said he couldn't see stars from the lunar surface?

Edgar Mitchell is their man, the stars are 10 times brighter, the planets are easy to see, the Sun is a big, hot, blazingly bright monster.
Did he say that about the view from the Moon's surface? From the dayside of the Moon? Nope. He was talking about the trip to the Moon.

Dr Mitchell expounded to the large audience about how his life had been transformed by the voyage to the Moon on Apollo 14. Edgar explained that as the vehicle revolved to allow solar cooling: he was astounded by the alternating view of the Sun, the Earth and above all the incredible 'heavenly' view of the stars.

www.aulis.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Sun being the "blazingly bright monster" is exactly what prevented them from seeing stars from the lunar surface.

Is it really that hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace
Fairly easy to understand.
But easier to ignore.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I don't care if everyone else in the world believes the deceptions of NASA, I won't without scientific proof.

where is your scientific proof of your belief??

you know already the sun emits UV and IR.. where is your scientific proof that the sun does not emit from the visible light spectrum?

is your scientific proof based on one astronaut?? of whom was talking about his experience during lunar daytime?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
- stop playing this game of logic or who's smarter than who. at least with me. I ceased letting others besides those whom I choose to shape my understanding years ago!
- GaryN has his own opinion, I have my own opinion, Neil had the most entitled one.
- Gary followed a specific path to achieve this opinion, I followed my own complete different path to achieve it, while Neil followed his own and was directly confronted with the truth which was opposed to the "scientific" education received then. And even now!
- and not be quite so rude, there is a bbc interview from 1970, where he's words are "the sky is deep black when viewed from the Moon as it is when viewed from cisluna space, the space between the Earth and the Moon."

a reply to GaryN: Phage
- I know all that, but as I said from my first post I'm here to support you, to let you know that there is at least an another people on this planet which gives partial right in what you stand for and that person still ask deep questions about the world in which he still physically manifest.
- nobody seems to notify the circular way of thinking that are "educated" people today, and here on this topic nobody seems to be enough dauntless to ask about the premises of occurrence of Newton and Einstein's light! just roll words, always the same words that can be seen on the illuminator of the internet "wikipedia" and that they were educated to say, believe and manifest! Sad, very sad!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

- stop playing this game of logic or who's smarter than who.
Logic has nothing to do with who is smarter. It has to do with what makes sense.

I ceased letting others besides those whom I choose to shape my understanding years ago!
Did you abandon logic at the same time?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
How is it that Juno's visible light camera was able to take this photo - from the distance of 6.8 million miles, no less - of Jupiter and its four biggest moons?

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

The JunoCam was derived from Curiosity's MARDI camera, and is designed to acquire red-, green- and blue-wavelength images. The camera uses a Kodak image sensor, the KODAK KAI-2020, capable of imaging at 1600 x 1200 pixels. These sensors are used by astrophotographers and in the industry. www.photoxels.com...

Jupiter obviously has an atmosphere, but how those moons are visible to the camera?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Now, according to GaryN, since the Moon has an "atmosphere" Neil should have seen stars from the lunar surface. Right?

Insufficient atmosphere. Mars with more atmosphere, poor star images, Earth with much more atmosphere, fabulous stars.

www.aulis.com...

That page is probably one of the most important with regard to the question of what is visible out there. Mitchell contradicts Armstrong completely and basically calls him an idiot. What does NASA say about the discrepancy? Nothing. What do the other astronauts who travelled to the Moon say about the discrepancy? Nothing. How to resolve the discrepancy? Experiments. Experiments performed by NASA? None. This is NASAs only option, keeping the few who even question such a discrepancy divided, knowing that the issue, like 9/11, will eventually just be forgotten. That mainstream education and media is controlled by the same power groups who would have us all kept in ignorance about the true nature of our existence and the real origins and history of the human race means that few ever reach the level of consciousness required to even begin to question authority. The internet has allowed, to some small degree, the existence of alternatives to mainstream information sources, but the tentacles of the elite penetrate so deeply into every aspect of our lives that even these alternative sites may well be set up by those powers in order to further confuse and divide the masses.
Only NASA and its lackeys have the ability to actually know what is out there, and any private attempt to travel far in space is doomed to fail unless they play along, as without the Star Trackers, they would soon be "Lost in Space".
What about other nations who do not see eye-to-eye with western power structures? Surely there is the greatest of opportunities for say the Islamic nations to bring the Great Satan to its knees by scientifically demonstrating just how big the lies are with regards to what we are told about the Cosmos, and if that information were to become known to the populace of the so called modern world, which it never will be, what would be the reaction? A rising up against the Puppet Masters? Sadly not I would say. "The Sun and Stars can't be seen in space? Oh, that's interesting. Hey, have you seen this weeks Costco flyer?"

@wildespace

How is it that Juno's visible light camera was able to take this photo

The image is not taken with a bayer filtered camera. They can make it look like whatever they want and include IR. How would it look by eye? We'll never know, you will never see a true photo and its Exif file.
www.ajax.ehu.es...
Find me the individual colour filter data, exposure times, and we can examine them.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The internet has allowed, to some small degree, the existence of alternatives to mainstream information sources, but the tentacles of the elite penetrate so deeply into every aspect of our lives that even these alternative sites may well be set up by those powers in order to further confuse and divide the masses.

AKA a front group - a huge obstacle to overcome for anyone doing their own research.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The image is not taken with a bayer filtered camera.

It doesn't matter; it was taken using a regular digital sensor and red, green, and blue filters, which are permanently positioned over the sensor, much like the bayer matrix. It's actually shown in the pdf you linked.

Which means those moons reflect visible light from the Sun.

An in-depth discussion of Juno and its camera and images can be found at the Unmanned Space Forum: www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Juno's raw Jupiter images and all relevant data will eventually be published at PDS. PDS already has JunoCam images of Earth, stars, and the Zodaical light: planetary.s3.amazonaws.com...
edit on 26-6-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Insufficient atmosphere. Mars with more atmosphere, poor star images, Earth with much more atmosphere, fabulous stars.

lies, you forgot about when you said this previously:

"It seems the nanometre sized grains in the lunar atmosphere produce a lot of light, full visible wavelength spectrum, when struck by Solar EUV/UV radiation." - GaryN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mitchell contradicts Armstrong completely and basically calls him an idiot.

so basically you are saying that what Armstrong saw during the lunar DAYTIME and inside a BRIGHTLY LIT command module holds more weight to you than any other astronaut especially the ones that found time to get dark adapted..
is this your scientific proof?

The image is not taken with a bayer filtered camera. They can make it look like whatever they want and include IR. How would it look by eye?

why would you ask how IR would look to the naked eye for??

the fact that these equipments were able to register any sort of information while searching at the IR wavelengths proves that IR wavelengths are being emitted.

you have always claimed the sun is emitting UV and EUV at the moon, so now you know there is a spectrum from atleast UV/EUV to IR.

actually i cant call it a spectrum because according to you there is a massive hole where visible light is.
edit on 26-6-2016 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
In addition to my post above, the images from JunoCam will go straight to students for processing and analysing:

Junocam will acquire 3-color (red, green, blue) images of Jupiter during Juno’s first seven orbits around the giant planet. The data will be processed and studied by students as part of the Juno Education and Public Outreach effort.

(emphasis mine)

www.msss.com...

With regards to the already available image data at PDS, I don't know how to work with those IMG files, so I asked here for somebody to post Juno's images of stars. If anyone here could do this, I'd be grateful too.
edit on 27-6-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join