It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! A Useful Anti-Christian Bigotry Map!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Stalin NEVER used atheism to promote his political and economic agenda. Atheism has never been used as a reason to start a conflict or go to war.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

originally posted by: Rocker2013
No Christian is being told they cannot be Christian, or that they can be fired for being Christian...

But are they being fired or penalized for holding traditional Christian religious views?

No, they're being fired and penalized for being bigots and casting their employers in a bad light.

If someone thinks it's part of their job to judge who is "deserving" of their time or service, it's damn right that they be fired. My private life, the rights I have, the service I demand has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU as an employee of a company, whether you like that or not.

Just because you're a Christian, a Muslim, an Atheist or a Martian, you do not get to decide that your employer cannot take money from, provide a service to, or work with someone based on your personal opinions.

If I worked at a company and refused to provide service to a Christian, there would be outrage and I would be fired. No Christian has the imagined right to dictate who deserves basic common decency, and those who claim they have that right deserve to be fired from every job where they want to inflict their own religious notions on others.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Keep on cherry picking to try and demonize an entire group of people.

You mean like the Christians do with their attempts to inflict their religion on LGBT people, claiming it says some nonsense in the Bible, while conveniently ignoring the slavery, the child murder, the rape, the cutting of hair, the eating of shellfish...

If you show me a Christian who claims to live according to the Bible while claiming what is and isn't a sin, and I'll show you a damned hypocrite and liar.

The ONLY Christians I want to see preaching what it says in the Bible about gay people are the ones wearing sackcloth, with hair down to their knees, who've never eaten shellfish and support the murder of kids and the taking of slaves.

Anyone else is cherry picking the convenient bits from their "Holy Book" in order to make themselves feel powerful over others.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

No Christian is being told they cannot be Christian, or that they can be fired for being Christian...

But are they being fired or penalized for holding traditional Christian religious views?

No, they're being fired and penalized for being bigots and casting their employers in a bad light.

If someone thinks it's part of their job to judge who is "deserving" of their time or service, it's damn right that they be fired. My private life, the rights I have, the service I demand has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU as an employee of a company, whether you like that or not.

Just because you're a Christian, a Muslim, an Atheist or a Martian, you do not get to decide that your employer cannot take money from, provide a service to, or work with someone based on your personal opinions.

If I worked at a company and refused to provide service to a Christian, there would be outrage and I would be fired. No Christian has the imagined right to dictate who deserves basic common decency, and those who claim they have that right deserve to be fired from every job where they want to inflict their own religious notions on others.

But what if they are the employer? Do they get to decide who they serve?
Or what if they don't do that, just express say they think that homosexuality is wrong in a context outside of work?
Or what if their work as, say, a professor of ethics or a columnist calls for them to express their opinions as part of their work?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I guess if you're looking for hate groups to join, contribute donations to or volunteer your services, I guess the Southern Poverty Law Center's Hate Group Data Base is as good as any!

I've never been much of a joiner, and generally prefer to just hate as an individual. It's less expensive, and I don't have to follow any group's guidelines for who to hate and who not to hate.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In point of fact, Stalin restored the Russian Orthodox Church in 1941, received the leaders of the Church in and sponsored the election of a new Patriarch in '43 helped reopen theological schools including the Moscow Theological Academy and Seminary, and the church expanded under Stalin's rule for the first time since the Revolution.

More of those messy facts that interfere with rhetoric ... LOL.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StalkerSolent

Or what if their work as, say, a professor of ethics or a columnist calls for them to express their opinions as part of their work?

LOL!! If their 'work' is as a professor of ethics and they are 'judging' the sexuality of others, they are in the WRONG 'profession', and 'professing' dogma - NOT ETHICS.

Columnist? That's an entirely separate ball of wax. Columnists are paid TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS. Ethics professors are not.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

While I enjoy and appreciate your term "Theo-fascist" it has been my experience that most in this category simply do not grasp the differentiation between the God-head (Jehovah) and Christ or more accurately THE Christ ( a Greek term in the same way that Je Zeus or "little God" is a Greek noun for a particular deity in the gnostic precipitation of spiritual roles). American fundamentalism is essentially, when measured against the traditional, historical practice and origins of Christianity as a faith and what one can posit as authentic teachings of a Jewish prophet or several Jewish reformer/prophets in first century Judea, an idolatrous cult that places a human born, however divine his origins may be, ABOVE or equal to the Godhead, Jehovah, the Father of creation. The Trinity notwithstanding (more of a Nicaeane doctrinal compromise to accommodate gnostic and non-gnostic advocates of competing Christologies) the notion to ANY first century Jew, reformer or no, that a prophet could rise to the ultimate position of God the Father; to be prayed to, invoked to heal, et., would be unthinkable. "I and the Father are one" is a clumsy King James translation of the Aramaic. Academic Christian scholarship since the forties has almost unanimously agreed that this is more a statement of his unity with God, not his equality with the deity.
Therefor my preferred term for these Fundamentalists is Christo-fascists. TomAto TomAHto.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IanAm

Welcome to ATS!

"Star" - just for you.

edit:

Still, it troubles me a little tiny eeny weeny itsy bitsy spider bit that you refer to "Jehovah" - are you a JW?

edit on 2/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

LOL!! If their 'work' is as a professor of ethics and they are 'judging' the sexuality of others, they are in the WRONG 'profession', and 'professing' dogma - NOT ETHICS.

Columnist? That's an entirely separate ball of wax. Columnists are paid TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS. Ethics professors are not.

Eh...that's not really true. Professors do two things: teach students and tell people their opinions. Often they write books and blogs and such. Schools like this (even if they don't fund the work) because it makes them appear more prestigious.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

We can look at Hitler who didn't use Christianity to push his agenda but we can't look at Stalin who was a known atheist?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Well....Jesus taught that no one is without sin, so yea they would be a hypocrite and a liar. Ya know the prostitute who was going to be stoned to death that whole story... I'm sorry I'm cherry picking to refute obvious hate towards a group of people.

You can't fight hate with hate

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 2/27/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Eh...that's not really true. Professors do two things: teach students and tell people their opinions.

Now you're deflecting.

You said "professors of ETHICS" - not '"professors."

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

As you wish. I hope this is sufficient evidence for you, with regards to the worldwide plight of christians.

The International Society for Human Rights reports that 80 percent of all acts of religious discrimination are directed against Christians

www.answeringmuslims.com...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

www.theblaze.com... -the-middle-east/

www.opendoorsusa.org...

That this should be news to the citizens of the west is a crime in and of itself. Your news sources are evil. That's the only explanation.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

"theblaze"?

Sorry - you just lost all credibility. Not to mention "answeringmuslims". Both very biased - and therefore, I won't bother to check the rest of your 'sources.'

Try NPR.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Eh...that's not really true. Professors do two things: teach students and tell people their opinions.

Now you're deflecting.

You said "professors of ETHICS" - not '"professors."

Fairly certain ethics professors aren't that different from other professors...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wonder how these groups would fare in a nation where the majority are those practicing Islam? I actually worked along side one of those groups trying to start a mobile market to bring inexpensive organic food into the poor community where I live. Their work is more attractive simply because their funding is non-stop, and being anti-establishment is more intriguing to teenagers & young adults. Many of them are counter productive. When ideology trumps the communities you work in sooner or later the community catches on.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
Your news sources are evil. That's the only explanation.

Would you list at least five news sources that are not "evil" with a brief explanation of what makes that source "holy"?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Fairly certain ethics professors aren't that different from other professors...

Fairly certain that the discipline in which the person is affirmed a "professor" makes a whole HELL of a lot of difference.

You are asserting that a 'professor' of Phys Ed is the same as a 'professor' of Math? Or a 'professor' of Spanish is the same as a 'professor' of Political Science?

Please.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join