It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He Might Be Here to Rob Us': Pharmacist Guns Down Would-Be Robber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Another good day for the 2nd Amendment. Would be robber attempts to rob a pharmacy and is stopped in his tracks. One less scumbag in the world,. one less dirtbag the state has to support.

Frightening surveillance footage captures the moment a West Virginia pharmacist takes on an armed robber. The video shows a man enter Good Family Pharmacy in Pinch, West Virginia, Wednesday morning, wearing a hoodie and a bandana. When he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a gun, pharmacist Don Radcliff grabs his own weapon to protect a store full of customers and employees. Radcliff beats the man on the draw and fires a total of three shots, stopping the robbery and killing the gunman.

Story

Here's the video:

Good on you Don, I'll buy you the next beer and three bullets to replace the ones you lost.

Oh by the way, let me beat all you anti-gunners:
He could have just maimed the guy and disabled him - The robber would have done the same thing to him, shoot to KILL.
Maybe he was desperate and needed the money - GET A JOB.
What if he wasnt going to shoot the store clerk - YOU go ahead and risk that. Most robbers shoot their victims now to avoid being identified.
What if he missed and hit someone else? - He DIDNT, he shot three rounds into the guy.
The store clerk had no right to be judge, jury and executioner - The dirtbag had no right to pull a gun and try to rob the store WITH A GUN.

I think I covered everything nicely.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe the pharmacist was peddling dodgy drugs. Mind you, the robber probably was too. Either way, it's self-defence. But...these things happen very rarely in England simply because people don't carry guns. Yes, armed robberies happen but I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority of the high-profile ones are committed by one very well-known gang.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

That was not a gun it was a sandwich !!

He was a goot boy, going to start med school in the Fall !!

Anyway, good shooting. Very impressed with the gentleman's demeanor and he even created a little blocker so he could get his piece out.

Glad no humans were hurt. Schadenfreude!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Another good day for the 2nd Amendment.

Damn right!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
awesome
i love this kind of quick justice, bam, one less thug in the world

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Good on you Don, I'll buy you the next beer and three bullets to replace the ones you lost.

Oh by the way, let me beat all you anti-gunners:
He could have just maimed the guy and disabled him - The robber would have done the same thing to him, shoot to KILL.
Maybe he was desperate and needed the money - GET A JOB.
What if he wasnt going to shoot the store clerk - YOU go ahead and risk that. Most robbers shoot their victims now to avoid being identified.
What if he missed and hit someone else? - He DIDNT, he shot three rounds into the guy.
The store clerk had no right to be judge, jury and executioner - The dirtbag had no right to pull a gun and try to rob the store WITH A GUN.

I think I covered everything nicely.

You did indeed...

Also, just wanted to point out this is a Mental Health issue with a side of Addiction. And from it, hopefully more objective attention is focused on both that as well as the right to bear arms - in a positive light mind you.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I dont understand the point of the thread, it just seems to be gloryfying the death of somebody.
Do people just post pictures of people being shot without any point, surely that should be against the T&C's.
edit on 23-2-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

That's exactly the point of the thread.

Must feel so good to dehumanise a person and celebrate their passing for something so trivial as a pharmacy...

What a hero!

/sarc

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I dont understand the point of the thread, it just seems to be gloryfying the death of somebody.
Do people just post pictures of people being shot without any point, surely that should be against the T&C's.

The point of the thread is for gun lovers to re-assure themselves that you need guns to live a normal life. Because they really need to reassures themselves about this all the time, you just have to see how often they post about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
never mind

edit on 23-2-2015 by 40luv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

The best part about you anti gunners is you are the same people who literally are so destitute you cant get to a DMV and pay $10 for a drivers licence, or pay for your own birth control, but youre gonna take my guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: miomo

I dont understand what being anti gun would have to do with being poor?
Are gun owners in the states mainly from the richer ecomonic groups?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: miomo

The best part about you anti gunners is you are the same people who literally are so destitute you cant get to a DMV and pay $10 for a drivers licence, or pay for your own birth control, but youre gonna take my guns.

I don't care about your guns I don't even live in your country.

I have no problems if people want to own guns as long as they get a permit.

You do realize that the people you call "anti-gunners" simply think that it's not good for a society when any wacko can simply walk into a store and get out with an assault rifle?

Truly, these threads are so clearly a way to reassure yourselves about the validity of your stance on guns it's ridiculous. If not, tell me what is the purpose of this thread?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It's truly good to see that a tiny minority of the world can identify the good guy and the bad guy.

It's quite sad to see the rights of the bad guy even mentioned. Once he decided to pull a gun and commit a crime, his rights were terminated. He had the right to get a job, make money the same way the rest of the civilized world does, but chose the "easy way". To bad he didn't do the math on how often the "easy way" actually pays off in the end.

It's sad that someone had to die, but in this case I am glad it wasn't one of the innocent workers who were just trying to make a living.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What?! Please link to the stats on this.
a reply to: miomo

In all seriousness though, this man might have saved the lives of his employees. Had the man he killed had've shot the employees or customers, people would still be lobbying for gun control. There's no winning on this issue.

I'm sure many people on ATS have worked in retail and have been robbed by gunpoint, or with a perceived weapon and it's dehumanizing as well. Would it be nice if the robber, who interestingly is never named, could have been talked down, and then rehabilitated, turning into a productive member of society and giving talks to school children about how he turned his life around? Definitely. Unfortunately this isn't the case, most countries do not rehabilitate offenders.

If I was the employee of this man I'd be thankful to be alive, and also horrendously traumatized. People can be for or against gun control, and regardless, in this situation no one wins.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

originally posted by: miomo

I don't care about your guns I don't even live in your country.

I have no problems if people want to own guns as long as they get a permit.

You do realize that the people you call "anti-gunners" simply think that it's not good for a society when any wacko can simply walk into a store and get out with an assault rifle?

Truly, these threads are so clearly a way to reassure yourselves about the validity of your stance on guns it's ridiculous. If not, tell me what is the purpose of this thread?

Don`t need no permits in these here parts,stranger.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

The point of the thread is for gun lovers to re-assure themselves that you need guns to live a normal life. Because they really need to reassures themselves about this all the time, you just have to see how often they post about it.

The point of the thread is to reassure any potential gun thug that they will be killed if they become violent or aggressive.

The more law abiding their potential victim appears to be, the more likely they will be carrying a concealed firearm.
edit on 23-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think what people are saying is that the "bad guy" is still human. It's easy to say thathe could have chosen to get a job and do the right thing, but sometimes it's not that easy. People can be indoctrinated into any sort of lifestyle. If your family is pro- gun rights, you might be as well; if your family is poor, and you grow up seeing your parent or sibling steal to get by, you might think that it's the lifestyle you're going to live as well. Morality isn't as ingrained in all of us as we'd like to think.

a reply to: network dude

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Pointing a gun at someone is a death threat. Don't be surprised when the other person takes it seriously and shoots first.

Armed robbery as a profession comes with the high chance of death on the job.
edit on 2/23/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 2/23/2015 by roadgravel because: reword

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
People can be for or against gun control.

What is also ridiculous is how gun owners react emotionally on the topic.

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban. Even with gun control laws, that shopkeeper could still be armed.

So why does the gun control argument even pops up in this thread? Because for gun owner the topic is too emotionally charged to have a normal and rational discussion about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join