It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He Might Be Here to Rob Us': Pharmacist Guns Down Would-Be Robber

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
The point of the thread is to reassure any potential gun thug that they will be killed if they become violent or aggressive.

I wasn't aware ATS was known for being frequented by thugs.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sure, but if I chose a life of crime to support my family, I think even the low IQ holders would admit, there is a tiny risk involved.

After all, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

originally posted by: Atsbhct
People can be for or against gun control.

What is also ridiculous is how gun owners react emotionally on the topic.

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban. Even with gun control laws, that shopkeeper could still be armed.

So why does the gun control argument even pops up in this thread? Because for gun owner the topic is too emotionally charged to have a normal and rational discussion about it.

You act like your cronies haven't been pursuing a relentless campaign to disarm all law abiding citizens.

You want a 'rational conversation', make a rational point. That would be a good start.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
But do they care about the risk involved?

a reply to: network dude

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You act like your cronies haven't been pursuing a relentless campaign to disarm all law abiding citizens.

Sounds like paranoid rambling or bad NRA propaganda to me, unless you can support this with some figures maybe?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So why does the gun control argument even pops up in this thread? Because for gun owner the topic is too emotionally charged to have a normal and rational discussion about it.

As Forest Gump once said, "I am not a smart man, but I know how to identify an agitator" "Jenny".

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: miomo

I dont understand what being anti gun would have to do with being poor?
Are gun owners in the states mainly from the richer ecomonic groups?

Yes! Democrats want to take guns, they are also the party of the poor. I also believe a fundamental difference between the psychology of the two parties is revealed in these planks. Something about one group being alphas and leaders, and the other destitute and subordinate.

An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year.

www.debt.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

As Forest Gump once said, "I am not a smart man, but I know how to identify an agitator" "Jenny".

Seriously, why is this thread already about gun control since even with gun control laws that shopkeeper would be armed?

I know the answer but I wonder what some people here think is the purpose of this thread?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Must feel so good to dehumanise a person and celebrate their passing for something so trivial as a pharmacy...

What a hero!

/sarc

What planet is that comment from?

You may not like the tone of the OP, but your comment is absolutely ridiculous. "Something so trivial as a pharmacy"? The lives of everyone in that pharmacy were threatened by someone brandishing a firearm.

I'll tell you what, let's line up your family in the pharmacy and toss that gunman in there, pointing it at your loved ones, threatening to shoot them. Then, I'll say to you that you're just making a big deal over something as "trivial" as a pharmacy.

Really? Just wow.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Seriously, why is this thread already about gun control since even with gun control laws that shopkeeper would be armed?

Ha. That depends on what is defined by those laws.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Ha. That depends on what is defined by those laws.

Lol, how can you know if you don't even want to discuss about gun control in the first place?

The truth is that almost everywhere in the world with gun control laws that shopkeeper could easily get a gun and protect his store with it.

Truly gun-lovers border on paranoia with their claims "they want to take our guns". Usually sprinkle a bit of "NWO", "FEMA camps" and "filthy communists" on top and you get the gun-lover bingo.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The point of the thread is to reassure any potential gun thug that they will be killed if they become violent or aggressive.

I wasn't aware ATS was known for being frequented by thugs.

I was surprised to find that too, who else would want to defend violent crime?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Find anyone defending crimes in this thread.

Better, try to find someone in this thread claiming the shopkeeper shouldn't have a gun.

Truly some gun-lovers have strange cognitive dissonance going on.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

My mistake, if you aren't anti-gun and trying to impart that tone to your communications, I misunderstood.

link   

How do you know what I discuss?

And that statement is true. Who would be armed and when and where is based on the actual laws. The US has gun control law at a reasonable level. The problem is many people not abiding by them.

edit on 2/23/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   

I could not imagine caring about the gun laws of a foreign country

little guy

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate.

The only words the would-be thief said was "this is a robbery"...

He didn't threaten to shoot anybody or point anything at anyone as you're suggesting.

He pulled a Gun out and got shot for it.

No, we don't know what would have happened after before you say "but we don't know what could have happened after"...

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate!

My whole point is about the celebratory manner in which certain posters have judged the deceased...

Over something as trivial as a pharmacy.

So yes, really!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This idiot trys to rob a drug store during the day while its full of customers.His epitaph shoul read died from idiocy.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: miomo

I could not imagine caring about the gun laws of a foreign country

little guy

Where do you see me caring? It's just some people here seemed butthurt by my comment which was unfortunately true:

The purpose of this thread isn't to discuss anything.

The purpose of this thread is to help gun-lovers reassure themselves they are correct in their views on guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Find anyone defending crimes in this thread.

Better, try to find someone in this thread claiming the shopkeeper shouldn't have a gun.

Truly some gun-lovers have strange cognitive dissonance going on.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate.

The only words the would-be thief said was "this is a robbery"...

He didn't threaten to shoot anybody or point anything at anyone as you're suggesting.

He pulled a Gun out and got shot for it.

No, we don't know what would have happened after before you say "but we don't know what could have happened after"...

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate!

My whole point is about the celebratory manner in which certain posters have judged the deceased...

Over something as trivial as a pharmacy.

So yes, really!

Please see the post above for confirmation of the demonization of lethal self defense.
edit on 23-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join