It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He Might Be Here to Rob Us': Pharmacist Guns Down Would-Be Robber

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When people start ad hominem you know they have exhausted all their arguments and don't care about the truth anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Enough!

The personal attacks and T&C violations stop now.

Further posts of this nature, will result in a posting ban. Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super mod

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: plube

How do you know he was not concerned for the safety of the others as well?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: greencmp

It's anyone who celebrates death.

Barring extreme cases like child abusers, what is there to celebrate?

"One less thug on the streets"...

For all you know he has shot a few thugs to death himself.

I am with you with respect to the state being given the power to execute. I don't think the state should have that power because it cannot be trusted with it. Perhaps more importantly, they cannot actually be held accountable.

I believe that killing a person in self defense is not ever done lightly despite whatever whooops and haaws might be observed post conflict.

Individuals who kill indiscriminately and without provocation can be held accountable.

As for the last point you make, that may be but, I couldn't knowingly release a violent criminal back into a population on the off chance that he will do more damage to his fellow thugs than innocents.
edit on 23-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It's anyone who celebrates death.

Barring extreme cases like child abusers, what is there to celebrate?

"One less thug on the streets"...

For all you know he has shot a few thugs to death himself.

So a child abuser is the "bad kind" of criminal, yet a simple street thug who might partake in a tiny amount of Armed Robbery is a "not so bad" kind?

Come on Chuck, you're better than that, even with your anti gunner pants on.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Shame shame, can we say hypocrit?

Didn't you say not so long ago that if you would have been home after an incident with your dog that you would have killed the other dog?

Over something as trivial as a small scrape?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The purpose of my thread is to reaffirm the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms, is valid, and will be until there are no more criminals that we need to defend ourselves from.
The purpose of my thread is to show the validity of the rights as a citizen of the United States of America the reason we need to keep and bear arms against the likes of the dirtbag in my OP, despite those people who say noone needs to have firearms.
Incidents like this prove my point that honest, hard working, law abiding citizens need to continue to defend themselves.
Until there is no more crime, the Second Amendment will be forever valid.

Do you believe someone in the US wants to disarm the population? Serious question.

And if yes, who?

I knew it. This is typically the only and main reason people use to refuse gun control, and yet when you ask them who wants to take their gun (like for real) they get all silent.

Like seriously, do you guys really believe there is some sort of conspiracy to massively disarm the US? For real? Who am I kidding, this is ATS, home of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes a child abuser is a vile creature & I'll celebrate their demise wholeheartedly.

A robber?
Who may not have shot anyone?
Who may have been desperate?
Who may even have been mentally ill?

I'll refrain from celebrating, thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So a child abuser is the "bad kind" of criminal, yet a simple street thug who might partake in a tiny amount of Armed Robbery is a "not so bad" kind?

That is the basis for the 'he was a good boy' defense.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I am absolutely pro-gun but the fact that you, and others, are cheering on the death of another human being is quite frightening, it's an indication of the deluded state of affairs in the USA.

Yes, robbing a store at gun-point is wrong and at the end of the day it would be safe to say that the robber got what they deserved but it's equally disturbing that some of you seem like you're about to have a balloon launch to celebrate this man's death.

I am not trying to defend this man but perhaps he was mentally ill or put on the never ending cycle of opiate dependence by the pharmaceutical industry and their trustworthy doctors who dish it out like candy.

Like I said, I am pro-gun, but some of you pro-gunners make me ashamed and I make sure to distance myself from the barbarians who cheer the death of another fellow human being.

I will let you all continue patting eachother on the backs now...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I agree to an extent...

It's hard to guarantee the State has the right person in every case.

It's definitely a system that can be used unjustifiably.

& I'll always side with self defence.

Just not the celebration of a few.

Especially since the Pharmacist even say "it's something I never wanted to do"...

Why others would be high-fiving themselves is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I dont understand the point of the thread, it just seems to be gloryfying the death of somebody.
Do people just post pictures of people being shot without any point, surely that should be against the T&C's.

In an alternate universe there's a thread somewhere about a pharmacist who was shot dead in West Virginia. Posters mourn the loss of a good man and people say "What could we have done better? How did this scum robber get a gun? have they found the robber yet?" News networks around the country are carrying similar stories. Children turn on their APPS and see horror stories involving terrorism and murder. Lots of sad poetry is written.The popular thing is to run to the counselor for a bottle of pills.

Blah blah. It seems people are either mourning and suspecting a coming end to the world or they're praising a hero(ine). And people like you who can only sit on the fence and complain, no matter what happens.

I made a post about this a while ago. If a president holds back they're thought weak and if they fight they're a warmonger dictator.
edit on 23-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
I personally think it is unseemly to celebrate the death even of an armed robber. Paradoxically, I find it appropriate to celebrate the cool headed disciplined response to being presented with a life threatening situation by the pharmacist. But the most appropriate response to watching this is to be thankful that it ended the way it did, with no one but the criminal bleeding out their life blood in the floor.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Maybe you could quote where I said I would have celebrated such?

Otherwise, you know where to take your proclamation of "hypocrite"!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How many people who think that shooting someone who is pointing a gun at them is wrong have ever been in the situation of having someone point a gun at them? It is a death threat.

People who do armed robberies with a gun generally do so because of the serious threat it displays and hope it works by striking deep fear in the victim.
edit on 2/23/2015 by roadgravel because: left out wrong phrase - oops

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo

thehill.com...

In the USA, we have the liberal left who, as a group, would like to remove guns from society. (that's not to say that every liberal is anti-gun, but the majority seems to be)

How can you not see this agenda? Even with all that water in the way.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes a child abuser is a vile creature & I'll celebrate their demise wholeheartedly.

A robber?
Who may not have shot anyone?
Who may have been desperate?
Who may even have been mentally ill?

I'll refrain from celebrating, thanks.

While I tend to agree with you, doesn't that kind of attitude make the moral high ground you are attempting to occupy about the same level as the rest of us? At the end of the day, we are talking about a life here.

As I said, I hate to see anyone have to die, but given the choices, I feel as if the best choice was made here.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The purpose of my thread is to reaffirm the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms, is valid, and will be until there are no more criminals that we need to defend ourselves from.
The purpose of my thread is to show the validity of the rights as a citizen of the United States of America the reason we need to keep and bear arms against the likes of the dirtbag in my OP, despite those people who say noone needs to have firearms.
Incidents like this prove my point that honest, hard working, law abiding citizens need to continue to defend themselves.
Until there is no more crime, the Second Amendment will be forever valid.

Do you believe someone in the US wants to disarm the population? Serious question.

And if yes, who?

I knew it. This is typically the only and main reason people use to refuse gun control, and yet when you ask them who wants to take their gun (like for real) they get all silent.

Like seriously, do you guys really believe there is some sort of conspiracy to massively disarm the US? For real? Who am I kidding, this is ATS, home of conspiracy theorists.

A very long list could be made available, I am quite sure.

It isn't that no one can provide that list, it would just take a while and I think that it wouldn't have an effect.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I agree to an extent...

It's hard to guarantee the State has the right person in every case.

It's definitely a system that can be used unjustifiably.

& I'll always side with self defence.

Just not the celebration of a few.

Especially since the Pharmacist even say "it's something I never wanted to do"...

Why others would be high-fiving themselves is beyond me.

Agreed, I think that proponents of the 2nd amendment see examples such as this as tangible evidence of the benefits to society that are only possible with an armed and vigilant populace.

Hollering isn't called for but, I understand it.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The rest of who?

I haven't even named anyone.

I just referred to those who celebrated.

Did you celebrate?

Then, respectfully speaking, you're not who I'm discussing.

ps: re anti-Gun pants;

Not a single thing I've said has been anti-Gun.

I like Guns... I dislike some people though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join