It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'He Might Be Here to Rob Us': Pharmacist Guns Down Would-Be Robber

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The cognitive dissonance seems to be on your part.The right to bear arms is in the constitution and it isn`t going away,no matter how much foreign busybodies wish it so.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not sure what anyone saw there....what I saw was a not very clever crook...actually let a customer leave knowing he was covered up...the old guy even tipped his hat...I did not see a bunch of panic..I did not see the crooks gun fire...I saw the clerk shoot him in the chest ...the shocked crook points gun but keeps going away as he gets shot again...then the clerk calmly shoots the crook again in the back this time.
This could have went another way...the crook takes his few bits of drugs or what he came for and leaves...but not being there..hard to say...the clerk might have got unlucky missed,aggrevated the whole situation and others got shot....just can't tell from on the vid if the perps gun actually fired.
But does this justify gun ownership....I doubt it very much...the clerk popped out from behind people and just shot the guy...was there warning...not that I could make out.
Also...for the person said the crud about people whom do not own guns....well I for one am allowed to own guns....can afford guns..and know quite well how to use guns...but being of sound mind choose not to use them on another human being under any circumstance(so far)...the reason being....it is just wrong.
Defending family and others makes it a tough choice...but to use it to protect stuff....not worth it.
The clerk is no hero IMHO ...the crook is dead...he won't do that again...he was a human being no matter what...either he was desperate and broke...or in desperate need of a high through addiction... He was stupid to attempt such a thing...but should he have been killed...not so sure.
I am sure the clerk himself is feeling no glory ...and I am sure he will be haunted by his actions for a very long time...Nobody wins here....shame that anyone would cheer such a thing as this...it is a sad story caused out of desperation as I am sure in time will be shown.
the pharmacist goes into some lame god scripture of how the lord might justify this crap...well that is when it all changed on my perception of this ....it is just a sad incident...period..why also through in the ash Wednesday bit...does anyone think the crook went..."oh its ash Wednesday"...I think the whole scene is horrible...it does not justify gun ownership...also I do not believe the crook would have just killed the people in in the shop like people suggested.

edit on 112828p://f10Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Develo

My mistake, if you aren't anti-gun and trying to impart that tone to your communications, I misunderstood.

Your problem is that you think the debate can only be polarized.

Either you must be pro-gun, either anti-gun. That's of course not only oversimplified, it's also wrong.

I could be pro-gun and pro-gun control.

(post by miomo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Blather, unintelligible blather.

I guess you were always pro gun and I misunderstood.

Thanks for clarifying?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Develo

I was surprised to find that too, who else would want to defend violent crime?

Find anyone defending crimes in this thread.

Better, try to find someone in this thread claiming the shopkeeper shouldn't have a gun.

Truly some gun-lovers have strange cognitive dissonance going on.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate.

The only words the would-be thief said was "this is a robbery"...

He didn't threaten to shoot anybody or point anything at anyone as you're suggesting.

He pulled a Gun out and got shot for it.

No, we don't know what would have happened after before you say "but we don't know what could have happened after"...

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate!

My whole point is about the celebratory manner in which certain posters have judged the deceased...

Over something as trivial as a pharmacy.

So yes, really!

Please see the post above for confirmation of the demonization of lethal self defense.

Nothing in this quote celebrates a crime, nor does it demonize self-defense. He only thinks it's sad some people rejoice over someone's death, be it a criminal.

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What i find astounding, is the difference we see in police and civilian shootings. This pharmacist by trade showed better marksmanship and fire discipline than 90% of the videoed police shootings I've seen over the past couple of years. He fired three maybe four shots, 3 hit the target and no one else was injured by the 4th ( if there even was a fourth), alll in very close quarters. Almost every police shooting I've seen lately they empty the damn magazine, hit maybe one in four shots and in New York at least are just as likely to hit innocent bystanders as the criminals.

How is it that a full time pharmacist can better overcome pucker factor than trained police?
edit on 23-2-2015 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

link   
The purpose of my thread is to reaffirm the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms, is valid, and will be until there are no more criminals that we need to defend ourselves from.
The purpose of my thread is to show the validity of the rights as a citizen of the United States of America the reason we need to keep and bear arms against the likes of the dirtbag in my OP, despite those people who say noone needs to have firearms.
Incidents like this prove my point that honest, hard working, law abiding citizens need to continue to defend themselves.
Until there is no more crime, the Second Amendment will be forever valid.

link   

Blather, unintelligible blather.

I guess you were always pro gun and I misunderstood.

Thanks for clarifying?

Since the beginning I said I don't care about guns in the US.

I'm just pointing to the fact this thread is nothing but pro-gun masturbation. It achieves nothing else.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

No you're absolutely wrong and lying while you're at it...

The "demonising" is of those who celebrate the man's death.

Now grow up, and don't quote me in future if you're going to talk out of your hind end.
edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
The purpose of my thread is to reaffirm the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms, is valid, and will be until there are no more criminals that we need to defend ourselves from.
The purpose of my thread is to show the validity of the rights as a citizen of the United States of America the reason we need to keep and bear arms against the likes of the dirtbag in my OP, despite those people who say noone needs to have firearms.
Incidents like this prove my point that honest, hard working, law abiding citizens need to continue to defend themselves.
Until there is no more crime, the Second Amendment will be forever valid.

Do you believe someone in the US wants to disarm the population? Serious question.

And if yes, who?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Appeal to emotion?

I prefer logic in a debate.

My whole point is about the celebratory manner in which certain posters have judged the deceased...

Over something as trivial as a pharmacy.

So yes, really!

Great, let's try this "logic" that you speak of.

Perhaps you have misconstrued the nature and origin of the "celebratory" discourse that has offended you.

It is more likely that certain posters are celebrating that this incident did not end in the murders of innocent victims. The pharmacist did not have to hold the hand of one of his employees as they bled out on the floor, then call the family and explain why mom is not coming home.

You see, to you that is "emotionalizing" the situation. To me, that is logic, because more times than not that is exactly how a situation like this ends. So, I ask you... if it were your family, would you wait and see if the man holding a gun is going to decide to kill one of them? Why don't you just flip a coin?

If there's anything "dehumanizing" about this thread (a term which you used to describe others' attitudes), it's that you can't understand that sometimes people are happy, relieved, and encouraged when a violent criminal does not succeed in murdering innocent people.

I do not celebrate the gunman's death, but rather I celebrate that the people in the pharmacy who were not in the process of committing a violent crime get to go home safely to their loved ones.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is one, where the pharmacist gave the robber the drugs and pulled his gun later, fired and missed. The robber returned and shot the pharmacist at a range of one foot. The pharmacist died.

Death Sentence Narrowly Upheld

Although the death sentence was upheld by the Florida Supreme Court in 1980. The perpetrator, Marvin E. Johnson, died of a heart attack in prison in 1999.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No you're absolutely wrong and lying whole you're at it...

The "demonising" is of those who celebrate the man's death.

Now grow up, and don't quote me in future if you're going to talk out of your hind end.

So, I misidentified the group that you were demonizing.

It wasn't the pharmacist who defended himself with lethal force, it was the ATS members noting how proper that was.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
But do they care about the risk involved?

a reply to: network dude

If not, then they aren't living in reality.

(post by CharlieSpeirs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: miomo

Wow....your real good aren't you...thinking that killing is righteous in some barbaric way...you actually think the purge should be real....you must really dislike people my friend...the clerk could have actually cause the death of those very people he was trying to save...in all honesty I don't think he gave two thoughts about the people in the shop....what he did was tried to stop a robbery...nothing more nothing less....he was worried the thief might take some things from his shop.
Also....consider this if the the was real...could it not be you whom could become the victim of the purge...because certainly you are limited on numbers of friends with such hatred of people to say such a thing....just an observation and if you take that personally well then I would think your not thinking objectively about anything that is being said.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's anyone who celebrates death.

Barring extreme cases like child abusers, what is there to celebrate?

"One less thug on the streets"...

For all you know he has shot a few thugs to death himself.

(post by miomo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No nothing was misconstrued it was a case of the glad-he's-off-the-streets-good-riddance attitude and nothing to do with the man "saving" anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join