It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Extraterrestrial UFO Hypotheses

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Does to 'awaken the Trickster in their body' means to develop paranormal skills or powers?

Not necessarily.

In any sane 'mystical tradition' the goal is not to awaken paranormal skills or powers,
as that improper focus leads one to the loony bin.

In various Yoga/Tantra/Left Hand path Buddhism training programs the goal
is to awaken to a 'higher consciousness' by the mixing of both biological
agents in the body and two other (apparent) 'external agents'.

The purpose of the awakening is advertised as 'for purposes of attaining
enlightenment' and there is indeed a 'little' something to that.. but in
fact, in my experience anyway, the 'real goal' is to prepare the body
as a host for 'something', which i have at times called a plasma
parasite.

So yes, some people do develop (or appear to develop) so-called
paranormal abilities... but the truth is that such 'abilities' tend
to be under the direct control of 'the trickster' not the person.

So it's like when your car has a strange noise in it. It can be
deafening loud.. but bring it to a mechanic and it's absolutely
silent.

The 'Trickster' does NOT want anything paranormal to be proven..
which I know sounds very 'convenient' like an excuse for a deluded
person.

But enough strangeness HAS leaked out into the world to keep
things all in a lather.. which is where we are today.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So the Trickster is a discrete and willing entity, not a mental projection? An entity that takes possession of people?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So the Trickster is a discrete and willing entity, not a mental projection? An entity that takes possession of people?
'

Some people spend their entire lives studying 'the Trickster'.
Some people spend their entire lives with a 'Trickster-like organism'
living in their body.

And can barely say anything helpful about it all.

It's a vast phenomena. I'd say that quantum mechanics is a symptom of it,
which goes to show you that this 'Trickster business' is built into every
atom, particle and thought.

It's not correct to focus on say an 'ear' and proclaim that's the entire
elephant.

Also as I've discussed before, discerning between a living being and
an 'energy' or 'principle even' is awfully slipper stuff. But we humans
have a large part of our mind devoted to seeing things in terms of
agency and beings.. so it's difficult not to see things that way,
in the absence of crystal clear evidence to the contrary. That,
and today's 'fact' is tomorrows laughing stock.

(for example once there was the 'Ether' which was considered
fact - then Einstein disproved it with the Michael Morley
experiment. Then the 'false vacuum and the ZPF' was discovered
not to mention superconducting states in 'the vacuum', so now
functionally the 'Ether' is back with us..but it will be dis proven
yet again...People think that there is such a thing as 'hard science'
there really isn't).

Let's say that 'the Trickster' is an emergent property of fundamental
reality, that we see in many forms and guises.

All that said?

Yes, it's possible to form a conscious symbiotic relationship with a
more fundamental entity or process, which has 'Trickster-like
functionality'.

Really, anybody who goes ga ga over religion or mysticism or
spirituality or almost anything.. is influence by some form of
contagion process / 'entity'.

These little fellers live in us like the mitochondria in our cells,
which apparently was originally a bacteria parasite that
never left and became a symbiote --the reason that most
people don't' see them, is that they don't consciously
'activate them' because they don't know how; others
get activated due to environmental factors or contagion
with an already activated person.

I'm trying to be as precise as I can with such a challenging
subject.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Nether would I know if they got cursed for using a Ouija Board, but it's highly believed(in superstition) that using one would cause some gate way to be open, so some evil spirit would say "WAZZZ UPPP". And if such...prior fear or tension was in the right place at the right time, would this cause something to click. It like the idea of saying "Bloody Mary" or "Candy Man" three times, alone in the dark and they(the Kids) would say something pops out and steals your soul or something.

As for empirical methodologies, it might depend on how much thought and how well would it have to connect for something to stir right. This is where it becomes a process with too many variables that would have to be in sync for something to happen, or what I would like to think what happens to cause such "High Strangeness". Its like what I said to "JFritzman" in an earlier post about an Atheist finding God, and some chemical balance or imbalance goes off in the brain like "Alpha Waves", triggering something external. Or how external things can have a positive or negative impact on the brain, like someone who opens their ears to classical music for the first or completely opens themselves to it, where it said the brain fires of like a firework show in one study.

Or how it is said that kids become easy target(Not 110 percent sure) for paranormal phenomena, would it be because they are easy targets by something external, or would their brain play powerful tricks on them caused by the internal. It like that "Star Trek NG" episode, where it called "Where No Man has Gone Before" I believe, where they hyper jumped to some next field or plain of reality, and that events or illusions happen to them due being highly exposed to what ever that plain of reality giving off.

(Ever wondered why religions are scared of change? I've thought about it a lot.)

I'd like to believe it caused by both the external and more so the internal, and that it has something to with brain waves being the culprit in some sense, where states that are active like gamma and beta, transition to more relaxed or aware such as the Alpha to Theta states.

How this is done, again I have no clue, as their are just to many variables to take in or try to harmonize together to get a better understanding.
edit on 1-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the recommendation. I had a look at the web site. The references to postmodernism and Jacques Derrida were a little discouraging. I find postmodernism intellectually repellent.

That is not to dismiss the book, but I have to plead the old excuse: 'so many books, so little time.'

I understand. I have lists of books I want to read and stacks of books I haven't read. I've even bought the same book twice not realizing that I'd already bought it and it was sitting in the "must read" stack. I think it's important that we approach this phenomena from the different directions.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

'

Let's say that 'the Trickster' is an emergent property of fundamental
reality, that we see in many forms and guises.

Kev

Well said. Well said.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Or how it is said that kids become easy target(Not 110 percent sure) for paranormal phenomena, would it be because they are easy targets by something external, or would their brain play powerful tricks on them caused by the internal.

(Ever wondered why religions are scared of change? I've thought about it a lot.)

Have you considered the possibility that kids aren't sufficiently socially conditioned to deny paranormal phenomena whereas adults are? If you bring up this topic in conversation with a group of adults in a non-disparaging way, I can almost promise you that some of those people will recount anomalous experiences--even if they have to wait until everyone else has left to approach you privately.

At various points in history it has been declared that everything that could be learned by science has already been learned. Let's not make that mistake again.

Religions are social control mechanisms. The leaders are afraid of change because change has the potential to wrest control from them. That said, the most powerful leaders do change religion as a way of exercising even more power. You see this when clergy or religious cult leaders claim to have received prophecies that spin non-traditional interpretations of holy books. Creating nonsense rules and changing the rules without notice are also extremely powerful techniques used by cult leaders to destabilize followers and make them even more vulnerable to control. Religion is a very interesting subject and there's a huge problem when religions spring up in response to paranormal phenomena. In my opinion, UFOs are fast becoming the focus of a burgeoning religion or religions.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
I have had strange experiences and objectivity doesn't do them justice. However, I think it was RedCairo who pointed out that her logical mind kept her from going off the rails while she was experiencing high strangeness. The same was true in my case. As I mentioned previously, I went so far as to get an ex-Navy SEAL to perform counter-surveillance to confirm that I was being surveilled. I thought it was a logical step to take and even though I couldn't determine why, it at least convinced me that I wasn't losing my mind. From that, I "logically" created a "rational" scenario to account for some of the strangeness. Now that decades have passed and I'm not in crisis I can afford the luxury of considering more "out there" possibilities of what was actually going on. I'm not exactly sure how to be objective about it. You've seen me railing on about testable evidence on other threads but I'll be damned if it applies to much of this stuff. I think parasites are a possible explanation and probably do explain some experiences but it doesn't seem likely to me that it would account for people unknown to each other and at a distance apart seeing the same UFOs in the sky at the same time.

First, I wanted to make sure you had seen a reply to you on page 19: Here

Because it clarifies a badly worded post where I may have seemed 'unbelieving' of the supernatural/paranormal in your desert experiences, which is not the case - I definitely believe there was 'high-strangeness' happening there...

In replying to your post above - I want to say that it is your "railing on about testable evidence in other threads" which makes you so believable in relating your 'un'testable experiences...

Also, In your final sentence above - you make a very important point, as it is one which goes ignored by those who want to chalk everything 'paranormal' up to nothing more than brain anomalies or parasitic infections...

edit on 1-3-2015 by lostgirl because: clarification

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Lost girl please forgive its a little off topic but do you wish to be found? I'm happy to announce your knight in shining armour has arrived.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
That is very sweet - unfortunately my avatar is representative of my 16 yr old 'self', someone I haven't seen (or 'been') in nearly 35 years...
(hence - 'lost' girl)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well I hope your not lost anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I have had strange experiences and objectivity doesn't do them justice. However, I think it was RedCairo who pointed out that her logical mind kept her from going off the rails while she was experiencing high strangeness. The same was true in my case. As I mentioned previously, I went so far as to get an ex-Navy SEAL to perform counter-surveillance to confirm that I was being surveilled. I thought it was a logical step to take and even though I couldn't determine why, it at least convinced me that I wasn't losing my mind. From that, I "logically" created a "rational" scenario to account for some of the strangeness. Now that decades have passed and I'm not in crisis I can afford the luxury of considering more "out there" possibilities of what was actually going on. I'm not exactly sure how to be objective about it. You've seen me railing on about testable evidence on other threads but I'll be damned if it applies to much of this stuff. I think parasites are a possible explanation and probably do explain some experiences but it doesn't seem likely to me that it would account for people unknown to each other and at a distance apart seeing the same UFOs in the sky at the same time.

First, I wanted to make sure you had seen a reply to you on page 19: Here

Because it clarifies a badly worded post where I may have seemed 'unbelieving' of the supernatural/paranormal in your desert experiences, which is not the case - I definitely believe there was 'high-strangeness' happening there...

In replying to your post above - I want to say that it is your "railing on about testable evidence in other threads" which makes you so believable in relating your 'un'testable experiences...

Also, In your final sentence above - you make a very important point, as it is one which goes ignored by those who want to chalk everything 'paranormal' up to nothing more than brain anomalies or parasitic infections...

I didn't perceive your previous post as expressing disbelief about the high strangeness I was experiencing. You presented a possible explanation that I, too, seriously considered. I don't think there's anything wrong with examining logical explanations for seeming paranormal phenomena. In fact, I think it's an important step. But I think it's a mistake to assume that that, defacto, there is a scientific explanation for everything. I don't buy into that and I don't want to become like the fundamentalists who believe that Jesus pops up gas stations along the freeway specifically for them just as they're running out of gas. Thanks for your post.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Lost girl please forgive its a little off topic but do you wish to be found? I'm happy to announce your knight in shining armour has arrived.

I don't think women are buying into that "high strangeness" anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I saw Deepak Chopra on public television a couple days ago talking about the mind/body connection. He was wearing a white shirt with cuffs so large that they half-covered his thumbs and an oversized wide red polka-dot tie that wouldn't have looked out-of-place on a clown. A bell went off in my head and I realized that he's a trickster figure. Any thoughts about this?
edit on 1-3-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I saw Deepak Chopra on public television a couple days ago talking about the mind/body connection. He was wearing a white shirt with cuffs so large that they half-covered his thumbs and an oversized wide red polka-dot tie that wouldn't have looked out-of-place on a clown. A bell went off in my head and I realized that he's a trickster figure. Any thoughts about this?

Maybe he has poor fashion sense?

;-)

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

;-)

Kev

And no friends, apparently. Of course, he's been wearing those diamond-studded bling eyeglasses for a long time but the clown tie and cuffs were so over the top that they'd make a teenage child cry with embarrassment. It was like seeing Benny Hinn in a top hat. It created a "what the hell?" moment. The clown/trickster motif came to mind. Maybe he was giving the finger to his devotees.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well, I hope you don't mind if I re-introduce the topic of your experiences, because I would like to 'flesh-out' the idea I was trying to get across back there...

See, in some of The GUT's threads (especially the 'Vallee - Control system' thread) there has been discussion on the military's history of 'dabbling' in the occult - I'm not talking about things they may have 'staged' (i.e. UFO sightings, abductions, and mis-info), I'm talking the type of stuff that went on at "Skinwalker" ranch...attempted 'summoning' of entities, etc...

So what caught my interest was the question of - why would you have been under surveillance (which you had a professional confirm) during the period of time when you, your boyfriend, and assorted witnesses were experiencing genuinely paranormal events?

It struck me that as this was not a 'classic' psy-op, where the military sets stages and 'arranges' situations to 'look like' high-strangeness and then monitors reactions - it had to be something else..

What if the military was experimenting with 'actual' paranormal stuff? What if they were sort of 'invoking' trickster type activity?
They would need regular people (unaware of the experiments) to 'experience' whatever high-strangeness they managed to 'invoke' - and thus the need for those people to be under surveillance..

I'm sorry, maybe this is all just 'rehash', but I can't help thinking there could be something to this worth 'exploring'...
...I think a really informative thread could be made to correlate people who had similar experience to you, of being in a specific area, having truly paranormal experiences, and being kept under surveillance (whether by military or other).

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

;-)

Kev

And no friends, apparently. Of course, he's been wearing those diamond-studded bling eyeglasses for a long time but the clown tie and cuffs were so over the top that they'd make a teenage child cry with embarrassment. It was like seeing Benny Hinn in a top hat. It created a "what the hell?" moment. The clown/trickster motif came to mind. Maybe he was giving the finger to his devotees.

Most people do all sorts of things for reasons they don't understand.

We are in fact colony creatures on many levels, and the sense of an

integrated self is a very flimsy illusion.

Kev

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The purpose of the awakening is advertised as 'for purposes of attaining
enlightenment' and there is indeed a 'little' something to that.. but in
fact, in my experience anyway, the 'real goal' is to prepare the body
as a host for 'something', which i have at times called a plasma
parasite.

Or, the Holy Guardian Angel or Atman or Solar Body or whatever-we-want-to-call-it finally has a human developed sufficiently to allow more formal integration.

Kev only you would call it a plasma parasite. I would argue about ego and threat but I don't want to argue especially about anybody else's life which I can't possibly know.

Now to embarrass myself I've actually run into 'lurking parasites' within me that probably qualify as such. I'm overdue for a couple major meditations on that at the moment in fact.

But there is also, wholly separate from that, what amounts to a fundamentally divine larger-part-of-self that one gradually absorbs more of, as well. I would not want to imply that this is inherently negative.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Well, I hope you don't mind if I re-introduce the topic of your experiences, because I would like to 'flesh-out' the idea I was trying to get across back there...

See, in some of The GUT's threads (especially the 'Vallee - Control system' thread) there has been discussion on the military's history of 'dabbling' in the occult - I'm not talking about things they may have 'staged' (i.e. UFO sightings, abductions, and mis-info), I'm talking the type of stuff that went on at "Skinwalker" ranch...attempted 'summoning' of entities, etc...

So what caught my interest was the question of - why would you have been under surveillance (which you had a professional confirm) during the period of time when you, your boyfriend, and assorted witnesses were experiencing genuinely paranormal events?

It struck me that as this was not a 'classic' psy-op, where the military sets stages and 'arranges' situations to 'look like' high-strangeness and then monitors reactions - it had to be something else..

What if the military was experimenting with 'actual' paranormal stuff? What if they were sort of 'invoking' trickster type activity?
They would need regular people (unaware of the experiments) to 'experience' whatever high-strangeness they managed to 'invoke' - and thus the need for those people to be under surveillance..

I'm sorry, maybe this is all just 'rehash', but I can't help thinking there could be something to this worth 'exploring'...
...I think a really informative thread could be made to correlate people who had similar experience to you, of being in a specific area, having truly paranormal experiences, and being kept under surveillance (whether by military or other).

This is very interesting and not out of the realm of possibility. Your suggestion about a website devoted to this causes me to think that it will bring out all the raving paranoids. Then, of course, I might be considered to be one of them. It's another conundrum. Honestly, if it was a government experiment, I don't know what the government would have gained from it because it would have predictably make anyone paranoid and that's really the only response they got from me.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join