It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians and muslims should celebrate their commonalities!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
originally posted by: borntowatch
originally posted by: rokkuman

rokkuman: People spend too much time discussing the differences between christians and muslims so for a change lets go over the things they have in common.
1. Both christians and muslims detest the idea of a secular one world order where people of all backgrounds, beliefs, sexual orientations are equal. At the same time both christians and muslims are convinced that in the future there would be a one world order under the rule of their respective religions that they look forward to.

borntowatch: Many secularist atheists dislike a one world agenda. Christians believe that Christ will return, Muslims the Mahdi.
They are different, what cant you understand about that, you should research the difference.

No need to research this; BECAUSE it is so obvious: they are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT BELIEF SYSTEMS (for a reason). Nothing in common; and rokkuman by his inflammatory statements comparing the two demonstrates this.

edit on 13-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

rokkhuman: Yes I know there are differences between christians and muslins belief regarding who rules the world at the end. point is both christians and muslims oppose a secular one world order while expecting their own heroes to show up and establish a one world order ie. christians await a one world order under Jesus and Muslims await a one world order under Mahdi.

That is NEVER going to happen; not in your wildest dreams. Who do you think you are proposing such lunacy; God has a sense of humor (its not insane).

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: drevill
a reply to: rokkuman

Can you please quote both Quran and bible where it promotes anti semitism?

Cheers
Bit repetitive I these postings. Yawn

Me too, asked a very similar question in another of rokkuman's threads, no answer posted.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

"DOGMA" best movie ever...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

You should refrain from speaking on behalf of all Christians and all Muslims. Both religions have many variations and interpretations. It's not one person's responsibility to distill this down to what they think is correct.

On the contrary, I think rokkuman thinks its his job to be the 'enlightener' regarding his theory "the hidden similarities of Christianity and Islam": no need to sugar coat his very clear message (both enjoy a hatred of Judaism and those practitioners of). Why include Christianity; because there was a separation in 300 AD? and there is a perception of old lingering 'bad blood'?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: RagingClue

RagingClue: Out of curiousity, are you a supporter of a non abrahamic religion?

rokkuman:no why would I support a religion

So you despise them all equally and your OP's are intended to incite controversy among those that adhere to a specific belief system (EVERYONE IS FAIR GAME to be targeted) as far as you are concerned.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
God is great i love him so much, he died for us all and i trust him, one day we will all die then we wont need forums, we will know what is the truth, sadly i fear some will never listen i can only pray for them people. There is always gonna be a debate about GOD, religions and all the crazy stuff out there. We can not know anything as a collective source, its through individual experience we learn these things, weather people say it is lies or not them people who go through what they see and witness know the truth just like in the bible it still happens today, GOD as not left us, the spiritual war is still on. Stay strong brothers and sisters we are partakers with our lord christ forever. much love.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
God is great i love him so much, he died for us all and i trust him, one day we will all die then we wont need forums, we will know what is the truth, sadly i fear some will never listen i can only pray for them people. There is always gonna be a debate about GOD, religions and all the crazy stuff out there. We can not know anything as a collective source, its through individual experience we learn these things, weather people say it is lies or not them people who go through what they see and witness know the truth just like in the bible it still happens today, GOD as not left us, the spiritual war is still on. Stay strong brothers and sisters we are partakers with our lord christ forever. much love.

You are like a child, and your simplistic kindergarten exoteric exegesis is like baby food. Don't get me wrong I love children and baby food has it's place. But some of us need a deeper esoteric exegesis - solid adult food. I'm happy for you that you don't need more than milk from a mainstream orthodox face-value bottle. Solid food is not easy.

'I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.' 1 Corinthians 3:2

👣

edit on 092Friday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

GODBLESS.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17

GODBLESS.

Thank you. God bless you too sister. 😆

👣

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thankyou but im a brother lol, always have problems with my name everyone thinks im a girl lol why. you guys are ace but ima man

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Haha sorry I stand corrected bro. 😓

👣

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Both Muslims and christians only count all other Muslims and christians as members of their religion when it suits them.

Both Muslims and christians are prone to murdering other members of their own religion over different interpretations of their respective 'holy' books.

Both Muslims and christians would have us living in the dark ages.

The dark ages, wasnt it the Protestant Christian movement who lead the west out of the dark ages, brought about mass education and the industrial revolution, a new understanding of science and literature.
What have you secularists ever done.
Go ahead

Yeah, thanks Protestants. Your paranoia of and ignorance about "paganism" created a monster that turned on everything sacred, poisoned the planet, and causes suffering on an unprecedented scale throughout the animal and vegetable kingdoms. WTG.

👣

Yeah pagan rome and all her little issues was really a non issue, europe under paganism was perfect, everyone danced and drank wine every night,. Under paganism the world was at peace, yeah right as if.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: RagingClue

RagingClue: Out of curiousity, are you a supporter of a non abrahamic religion?

rokkuman:no why would I support a religion

So you despise them all equally and your OP's are intended to incite controversy among those that adhere to a specific belief system (EVERYONE IS FAIR GAME to be targeted) as far as you are concerned.

my OPs are intended to start open minded discussion about the issue.
in this case christians and muslims do share commonalities.

If religion is a menace to society then yes its fair game.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Science is also a menace to society.
secularism is a menace to society

Strange how the people that want to insult religion as creating disharmony and violence adapt the exact same attitude they believe is wrong.

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

only according to people who believe the tales of a 2000 year old book written by bronze age goatherders. their opinions may be dismissed wholesale.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

If you really think 'everyone is fair game' to be a 'belief system' then it doesn't really say much about your own, no?

Religions are especially fair game, the fact that in the past people were burnt alive for mocking christianity and other religions puts a bulls-eye on them and their followers.

Plus you don't really help the situation with some of the claims made by religious folk, such as:

Dead teen comes back to life as mom prays

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: drevill

Our entire civilization is built upon, and dependent on, technology. From our buildings, to our vehicles, to how products are made, to medicine that’s saving our lives, and even to the computer you ironically used to inform us of how worthless science is. Just about every aspect of our society is being improved through science. You enjoy the fruits of science all day every day. Go live as a reclusive monk in a cave if you feel so strongly that science is a menace. Only way you’ll escape it.

"According to the United Nations’ Human Development Report (2005), the most atheistic societies—countries like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the United Kingdom—are actually the healthiest, as indicated by measures of life expectancy, adult literacy, per-capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate, and infant mortality. Conversely, the fifty nations now ranked lowest by the UN in terms of human development are unwaveringly religious.

Of course, correlational data of this sort do not resolve questions of causality—belief in God may lead to societal dysfunction, societal dysfunction may foster a belief in God, each factor may enable the other, or both may spring from some deeper source of mischief. Leaving aside the issue of cause and effect, these facts prove that atheism is perfectly compatible with the basic aspirations of a civil society; they also prove, conclusively, that religious faith does nothing to ensure a society’s health.” ~Sam Harris
edit on 14-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

only according to people who believe the tales of a 2000 year old book written by bronze age goatherders. their opinions may be dismissed wholesale.

So nuclear weapons aren't a menace to society? I'd argue they threaten the very existence of our species. Was their development a religious endeavor, or a secular/scientific one?

You see, anyone can use these same tactics to paint any demographic of society as they wish. I could just as easily author a thread pointing out commonalities between Christians, Muslims, and Atheists (or in this case, anti-theists).

One of the things I find so interesting about ATS, is the atheist community here. For people that don't believe in God, they sure waste a lot of energy talking about him/her/it. I don't believe in Vishnu, yet I don't feel the need to rant about hindus or spend my time whining about why I think the hindu religion is nonsense...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You're presupposing that it IS wasted. Perhaps we don't believe it's wasted time. I don't. There is a very obvious reason why certain religions are targeted by the anti-theists. If you haven't figured that out by now then that's your failure. If you think the Egyptian Ogdoad is deserving of equal scrutiny and condemnation from us than what we give towards the Abrahamic faiths, then that is again your failure to understand the arguments. Either way, religious people sometimes feel passionate about spreading the "Good News". They feel they have a spiritual duty to do so. Can you not accept that we might be passionate about opposing that, and that we feel we have a moral/civic duty to do so? I can't speak for other anti-theists but that's driving me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join