It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians and muslims should celebrate their commonalities!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
People spend too much time discussing the differences between christians and muslims so for a change lets go over the things they have in common.

1. Both christians and muslims detest the idea of a secular one world order where people of all backgrounds, beliefs, sexual orientations are equal. At the same time both christians and muslims are convinced that in the future there would be a one world order under the rule of their respective religions that they look forward to.

2. Both christians and muslims have holy books promoting anti-semitism and both have historically targeted Jews for purely religious reasons. Yes, I know christians have stopped their anti-semitism in the last few centuries but that doesn't undo what christians did in the past.

3. Both christians and muslims have holy books that teach that women are to be treated as inferior. Yes, I know the muslims are more strict about it so I guess they take their religion more seriously.

4. Both christians and muslims look at lgbt people as abominable sinners.

5. Both christians and muslims advertise their religion with words like "love" and "peace" when in reality the exact the opposite is true.

6. Both christians and muslims (or most of them in this case) do not accept evolution.

I'm sure there are more so feel free to add to this list of commonalities between christians and muslims.

edit on 13-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Both Christians and Muslims often let religion get in the way of common sense and peaceful actions.

Both Christians and Muslims distrust their own moral compass to a point which they let a book tell them their morals.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Both Christians and Muslims are being painted with a pretty broad brush in this thread. Perhaps most are not fundamentalists.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Something about these threads always leads to sweeping generalizations. Yes Muslims and Christians have a similar pasts and similar perspectives but then again most religions do to some degree. My one and only question is why do we frequently belittle individuals' beliefs based on the negative actions of others with similar views? Evolutionist, creationist, atheists all have individuals that stray from the pack and hurt society in some way, shape or form. I guess all I am saying is that these types of generalizations are dangerous.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
From the title of the OP I thought this was going to be a positive thread that tried to bring people together. Instead I was dismayed to see a divisive hit piece with absolutely no redeeming value.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
People spend too much time discussing the differences between christians and muslims so for a change lets go over the things they have in common.
1. Both christians and muslims detest the idea of a secular one world order where people of all backgrounds, beliefs, sexual orientations are equal. At the same time both christians and muslims are convinced that in the future there would be a one world order under the rule of their respective religions that they look forward to.

Many secularist atheists dislike a one world agenda. Christians believe that Christ will return, Muslims the Mahdi.
They are different, what cant you understand about that, you should research the difference.

2. Both christians and muslims have holy books promoting anti-semitism and both have historically targeted Jews for purely religious reasons. Yes, I know christians have stopped their anti-semitism in the last few centuries but that doesn't undo what christians did in the past.

Where does the Christian Holy book promote anti semitism, where in the Koran does anti semitism get a run. You cant just throw crap out there and expect every dummy to believe it.
I think you statement is baseless.

3. Both christians and muslims have holy books that teach that women are to be treated as inferior. Yes, I know the muslims are more strict about it so I guess they take their religion more seriously.

Where are women considered inferior in the Christian holy book, Jesus had many women helping Him. It is poor form to make a statement with no evidence.
Women are equal to men,biblically.

I look at anyone who commits any sin as abominable sinners, myself included. Just as bad as a lgbt person. Your are imposing false beliefs on all Christians out of arrogance or naivety?

5. Both christians and muslims advertise their religion with words like "love" and "peace" when in reality the exact the opposite is true.

I cant argue this point, see there are some abominable Christian sinners (Like me) who fail in the teachings of Christ, sorry.

6. Both christians and muslims (or most of them in this case) do not accept evolution.

I'm sure there are more so feel free to add to this list of commonalities between christians and muslims.

I know of secularists who dont accept evolution, big group hug.

Whats the basis of this thread, case hate, division.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
From the title of the OP I thought this was going to be a positive thread that tried to bring people together.

I am trying to bring christians and muslims together by pointing out stuff that they have in common. Just because they'd rather not talk about it doesnt mean those commonalities aren't there.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I thought your point number 5 is actually very relevant.

All the murders done in the name of religion is enough to turn me away from considering being a religious believer. Not to mention the fact that most religious leaders and heads are languishing in money and opulence whilst there are poor people (many devoted to religion through sheer despair) dying of starvation and poverty.

It's wrong, it's all wrong I tell ya.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Many secularist atheists dislike a one world agenda. Christians believe that Christ will return, Muslims the Mahdi.
They are different, what cant you understand about that, you should research the difference.

Yes I know there are differences between christians and muslins belief regarding who rules the world at the end. point is both christians and muslims oppose a secular one world order while expecting their own heroes to show up and establish a one world order ie. christians await a one world order under Jesus and Muslims await a one world order under Mahdi.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Where are women considered inferior in the Christian holy book, Jesus had many women helping Him. Women are equal to men,biblically.

genesis 3:16 -Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives must submit to their husbands "in every thing" as though they were Christ. "For the husband is the head of the wife."

equal, huh?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

1. Both christians and muslims detest the idea of a secular one world order where people of all backgrounds, beliefs, sexual orientations are equal.

Wrong for Christians. The vast majority of Christians in America are fine with a secular government and prefer it to a religious one. A secular rule of law actually protects religious freedom whereas a religious rule of law would stifle it. The vast majority of Christians in America believe people of all backgrounds, beliefs and sexual orientations are equal.

As for One World Order .. of course people detest that. It's absurd and it's just asking for trouble.

2. Both christians and muslims have holy books promoting anti-semitism

Wrong for Christians. The bible doesn't promote anti-semitism at all. Jesus was Jewish and so were his followers and his mother; and since Christians follow Jesus Who was Jewish and half the bible is Jewish religious texts, how can Christianity be 'anti-semitism'?? Answer - It's not.

Wrong for most Christians. Most Christians don't care if someone is homosexual or not. Most Christians who do care don't look at the homosexual as 'an abominable sinner' because they realize that we are all sinners. They hate the 'sin' but love the sinner. There are some loud fundamentalist types who are homophobic, but the majority of Christians are not like that.

Wrong for most Christians. The last statistic I saw for Christians was that %50 of Christians in America believe evolution happened and that it was God who used evolution to create humans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/13/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

yeah sure its always "wrong for christians".

as for this claim:

The bible doesn't promote anti-semitism at all.

lol en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

yeah sure its always "wrong for christians".

My response made perfect sense. I'm not muslim so, when it comes to your accusations, I wont speak for them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Don't forget about the part that says if a woman misrepresented herself as a virgin when she got married, she should be stoned to death. How come a man didn't have to be a virgin when he got married? Equal? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Can you please quote both Quran and bible where it promotes anti semitism?

Cheers

Bit repetitive I these postings. Yawn

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well this shows how much you know about each religion. The reason people discuss the difference is because one claims Jesus as God the other says he was just a man.

You first point is so ridiculous I am not even going to respond to it... the rest I can't help but show your ignorance.

Both christians and muslims have holy books promoting anti-semitism and both have historically targeted Jews for purely religious reasons.

Anti-semitism in the Bible? Are you serious? The 12 apostles, minus Luke, were most likely all Jewish(race not religion).

Yes, I know christians have stopped their anti-semitism in the last few centuries but that doesn't undo what christians did in the past.

Oh and all us white folks need to get down and start begging every black person we see for forgiveness. Just because we aren't racist doesn't undo to what all of those white people did to blacks in the past.

3. Both christians and muslims have holy books that teach that women are to be treated as inferior.

....such silliness show the scriptures....

The Christian doctrine teaches that we are all born sinners...it doesn't just single out homosexuals..

Love and peace. I am sorry do you believe in a God? If not I am going to need you to explain what these words are and justify their meaning.....

Evolution is a broad term. I don't accept the idea that we came from nonorganic matter or a single cell into what we are today.....

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Well the biggest commonality is that they are both Abrahamic religions. Technically worshiping the same god.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You can't judge the entire demographics of two religions based solely on texts which were written in a specific time and place for specific cultural audiences.

Most people today are not fundamentalists and most can discern right from wrong and fact from fiction. Most understand what the texts teach, and most know that a lot of the information was intended for a specific audience at one time in history.

There is much connecting the three major Abrahamic religions, and most of the factors raised in the OP are not applicable. This thread is nothing but an illogical attack on people who call themselves Christians or Muslims.
edit on 13-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Anti-semitism in the Bible? Are you serious? The 12 apostles, minus Luke, were most likely all Jewish(race not religion).

christians have used the bible to justify their anti semitic hatred.
should have specified new testament in that point...
en.wikipedia.org...

and then theres martin luther who was part of the protestant reformation who was a known anti-semite....
n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

In his later works, notably On the Jews and Their Lies, Luther expressed antagonistic views toward Jews, writing that Jewish synagogues and homes should be destroyed, their money confiscated, and liberty curtailed. These statements and their influence on antisemitism have contributed to his controversial status.[10] Martin Luther died in 1546, still convinced of the correctness of his Reformation theology, and with his decree of excommunication by Pope Leo X still effective.

....such silliness show the scriptures....

genesis 3:16 -Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives must submit to their husbands "in every thing" as though they were Christ. "For the husband is the head of the wife."

there are plenty more

The Christian doctrine teaches that we are all born sinners...it doesn't just single out homosexuals..

in the bible homosexuality is said to be an abomination not a mere sin.

Love and peace. I am sorry do you believe in a God? If not I am going to need you to explain what these words are and justify their meaning.....

Im talking about the way christians and muslims both advertise their religion saying things like love and peace. Or am I the only one who gets tracts saying 'jesus loves you'? am I the only one who sees muslims saying 'islam is peace'?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

2. Both christians and muslims have holy books promoting anti-semitism and both have historically targeted Jews for purely religious reasons. Yes, I know christians have stopped their anti-semitism in the last few centuries but that doesn't undo what christians did in the past. 3. Both christians and muslims have holy books that teach that women are to be treated as inferior. Yes, I know the muslims are more strict about it so I guess they take their religion more seriously.

Well the Jewish texts say that every person that is not a Jew is inferior to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join