It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians and muslims should celebrate their commonalities!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wrong for most Christians. The last statistic I saw for Christians was that %50 of Christians in America believe evolution happened and that it was God who used evolution to create humans.

Genesis says birds were flying around before all land animals. Not exactly congruent with evolutionary evidence. If Christians believe in evolution, it's not because The Bible makes a strong case for it. Rather they are reconciling their beliefs with our modern understanding of the World. If it weren't for the fact Genesis is completely contrary to it then it would be fine to say 'god used evolution'. Perhaps a creator god did, but it isn't the one described by the Bible.

Likewise Christians that believe in the Big Bang and parallel that with the "In the beginning god created..". Meanwhile ignoring the fact Genesis says all the stars are made on Day 4 after Earth was made. That couldn't be more incompatible with cosmology.

More to the point, and in the spirit of the OP, the Bible doesn't encourage support in evolution at all. Just as it doesn't encourage support in cosmology. Christians that believe they are compatible do so out of scriptural ignorance. If they both understood the implications of Genesis, and truly believed it to be objectively truthful, they should deny both evolution and cosmology on a theological basis.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There is judgmental, violent stuff in both books, and there is love, peace and compassion stuff in both books. Most religious people (Christians and Muslims) are easy-going and want to get along with everyone, so they ignore the judgmental, violent stuff and pay more attention to the love, peace and compassion stuff. But, people are not perfect, and some are just meaner and more controlling than others. It is those types of people who latch on to the bad stuff in their religious books and use it to justify their bad behavior. We could cut out the judgmental violent stuff out of all religious books, and only leave in the love, peace and compassion stuff, but I have a feeling we would still have some mean controlling people out there. They would just find another justification for their bad behavior.

Human nature - gotta love it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

You first point is so ridiculous I am not even going to respond to it..

my first point is smack on target because christians and muslims are indeed opposed to secular one world order/
its also true that christians would love a one world order in which christians are in control.
and that muslims would love a one world order in which muslims are in control.
you are running away from the fact it seems.
edit on 13-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Both Christians and Muslims neglect comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism scholarship. So they are both equally myopic. They both have very little cross-cultural currency in their pockets.

👣

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

That currency doesn't hold much value. Religious pluralism doesn't work. Not unless it's all consistently read allegorically. They all cannot be literal truths. If they were it would imply the Universe was made by various different creator gods and in various different ways.

edit on 13-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wrong for most Christians. The last statistic I saw for Christians was that %50 of Christians in America believe evolution happened and that it was God who used evolution to create humans.

Genesis says birds were flying around before all land animals. Not exactly congruent with evolutionary evidence. If Christians believe in evolution, it's not because The Bible makes a strong case for it. Rather they are reconciling their beliefs with our modern understanding of the World. If it weren't for the fact Genesis is completely contrary to it then it would be fine to say 'god used evolution'. Perhaps a creator god did, but it isn't the one described by the Bible.

Likewise Christians that believe in the Big Bang and parallel that with the "In the beginning god created..". Meanwhile ignoring the fact Genesis says all the stars are made on Day 4 after Earth was made. That couldn't be more incompatible with cosmology.

More to the point, and in the spirit of the OP, the Bible doesn't encourage support in evolution at all. Just as it doesn't encourage support in cosmology. Christians that believe they are compatible do so out of scriptural ignorance. If they both understood the implications of Genesis, and truly believed it to be objectively truthful, they should deny both evolution and cosmology on a theological basis.

christians are olympic level mental gymnasts and will skew the bible and logic to fit any idea that they think needs to be accommodated into their religion. even the theory of evolution can be made to fit the bible.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Out of curiousity, are you a supporter of a non abrahamic religion?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You should refrain from speaking on behalf of all Christians and all Muslims. Both religions have many variations and interpretations. It's not one person's responsibility to distill this down to what they think is correct.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RagingClue

Out of curiousity, are you a supporter of a non abrahamic religion?

no why would I support a religion

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Both Muslims and christians only count all other Muslims and christians as members of their religion when it suits them.

Both Muslims and christians are prone to murdering other members of their own religion over different interpretations of their respective 'holy' books.

Both Muslims and christians would have us living in the dark ages.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

originally posted by: borntowatch
Where are women considered inferior in the Christian holy book, Jesus had many women helping Him. Women are equal to men,biblically.

genesis 3:16 -Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22-24 - Wives must submit to their husbands "in every thing" as though they were Christ. "For the husband is the head of the wife."

equal, huh?

In all sincerity that is so ridiculous it beggars belief, it is an abomination or just the most ludicrous thing I have ever seen done in an attempt to attack Christianity, its shameless. Read the full text , you have absoloutely no idea what youare preaching.

I am awe of your ineptitude

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Both Muslims and christians only count all other Muslims and christians as members of their religion when it suits them.

Both Muslims and christians are prone to murdering other members of their own religion over different interpretations of their respective 'holy' books.

The dark ages, wasnt it the Protestant Christian movement who lead the west out of the dark ages, brought about mass education and the industrial revolution, a new understanding of science and literature.
What have you secularists ever done.
Go ahead

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

The dark ages, wasnt it the Protestant Christian movement who lead the west out of the dark ages, brought about mass education and the industrial revolution, a new understanding of science and literature.
What have you secularists ever done.
Go ahead

Yeah, thanks Protestants. Your paranoia of and ignorance about "paganism" created a monster that turned on everything sacred, poisoned the planet, and causes suffering on an unprecedented scale throughout the animal and vegetable kingdoms. WTG.

👣

edit on 749Friday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Yeah, thanks Protestants. Your paranoia of and ignorance about "paganism" created a monster that turned on everything sacred, poisoned the planet, and causes suffering on an unprecedented scale throughout the animal and vegetable kingdoms. WTG.

Ahh so the enlightenment caused greed and destruction, because prior to that the world was perfect
Please believe in the fairytails

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Protestant movement influenced the revolution, education etc, but was not soley responsible.

But thanks for confirming one of my points.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Ahh so the enlightenment caused greed and destruction, because prior to that the world was perfect
Please believe in the fairytails

The polemical, ignorant Protestants of the Enlightenment only cared about one thing. Purging paganism. Their short-sighted, selfish zealotry gave humanity the means to purge, well, everything. Which it is doing with gusto. Way to go, stewards.

Of course there was greed and destruction before. Now there is greed, destruction, and rapid technology which far outshines our wisdom to use it properly.

👣

edit on 797FridayuAmerica/ChicagoFebuFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
Weeelll. They gave us roads and proper sanitation. Yes, yes but apart from roads and sanitation what did the secularist do for us. Weeeell, they made motorcars and bicycles and even put a man on the moon. Yes , yes but apart from all that!!!!!!
Well being as I'm a closet secularist I want neither religion to win the so called ruling of the NWO. So both religions are anathema to me and both religions aught to be annihilated as through their differences have caused the most troubles and deaths in the world to date.
The points you make are all erroneous just for the simple fact that both religions hate each other and would like nothing better than to wipe the other off the face of the earth. But in doing so they would take us secularists with them as collateral damage.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

I am trying to bring christians and muslims together by pointing out stuff that they have in common. Just because they'd rather not talk about it doesnt mean those commonalities aren't there.

No, you are not trying to bring anyone together you are only trying to divide them. Why? Who pays you?Or is this just fun for you, because if it is you have issues. It actually rots the mind and body to spend this much time hating.

The things you mostly speak of (here and in several of your other threads) are in the past why can you not leave them there. No one alive today is responsible for the atrocities of the past, nor did anyone alive today write those books. Nor is anyone responsible for the actions that anyone else takes even today. You do understand the implications of such a thing right? If you can blame one act on every person under that umbrella, then every Atheist can be blamed for the murders being done by those who claim their name. I think that is wrong but that is the kind of world you are asking for when you continue to blame others for wrongs that they themselves did not commit.

You said in your op that both religions use words like love and peace when you believe that is not true. Most Atheists use words and statements like "think for yourself" yet you and many like you greatly discourage free thought that does not stay in line with yours. You also get your knowledge from a book you did not write, nor did you collaborate on it with others. Scientists continue to find errors in science but you put your faith into it anyhow. I do not see anything wrong with that. Scientists and their backers are human so are those who choose religion over science (though many more choose both), the religious are human as well and there is more commonality than differences. I think you should try for once to see common ground and the good that can arise out of such thoughts. The more hate put into the world the more hateful it will continue to be, or is that simply what you want?

Go out and be happy and live your life and quit trying to drag the world down a more hateful path.

edit on 13-2-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Im a christian and i dont care what anyone else thinks,has to say, or believes, its my choice im fine with that so leave me to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join