It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson threatens lawsuit in Little League World Series scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Ok, we've all heard about the Little League team from Chicago that was stripped of their title for cheating. They brought in players from outside the boundaries and that's against the rules, plain and simple.

Chicago's Jackie Robinson West Little League team won America's hearts, capturing the U.S. title last year. But on Wednesday, league officials stripped the team of its national and regional titles, saying the team cheated by fielding players from outside the Windy City.

Now, Jesse to the rescue!! It's not about the rules. Oh, no. It's about race. They took the title away not for cheating, but because they're black and The Man just can't stand to see a black person get ahead. And the bad thing about it...He's getting folks to believe it. I mean, if it weren't true, Jesse wouldn't be in it just for the money and attention, right?

sports.yahoo.com...

Rev. Jesse Jackson, the polarizing civil rights activist, is calling for Little League International to return the U.S. championship to the 12-year-olds from Jackie Robinson West, mere hours after Little League stripped the team of its title.

And if that doesn't happen, Jackson said Wednesday afternoon, he may take legal action.

Jackie Robinson West — consumed in a vortex of allegations involving ineligible players and illegally redrawing its league boundaries — became a feel-good story in Chicago and across the country on its run to the Little League World Series. An all-black team that was supported by MLB players, Jackie Robinson West became U.S. champions before losing to South Korea in the international title game. Afterward, the kids from Chicago were celebrated from the World Series to the White House.

[]

It truly bothers me that there are many out there who are so racist themselves, believing the white man is responsible for everything that goes wrong in their life, that see this man as a leader and someone who is standing up for their race, when he is nothing but a bigoted racist himself, in it only for the power, money and attention.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
ALWAYS gotta be about race, dont you know that yet????

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I would like to drill him in the head with a fastball.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
as robert d raford says about him.

jesse jacksons my name, agitation my game.
he's just trying to shake down the league, and put a little cash in his pocket. it's never really about race for him. just do a search and look at the companies that have made " donations" to rainbow push for him to stop law suits.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I would say that Jackson wouldn't care if the team was white, but I may be called a racist
edit on 12-2-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Jesse Jackson? Why he isn't a racist.... He just spit in some people's food when he worked in a hotel in Greenville, SC.... just because they were white. He said it gave him "a psychological gratification".

aim.org

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Being British I'm not over familiar with this particular story, I am however, familiar with Jesse Jackson and his like.

I have enormous respect for the work and effort many of his generation did, and in some cases continue to do so, in promoting civil rights and equality.
Its saddening to see those efforts cheapened and devalued by Jackson and his like.

I know many Black people, (am I allowed to call them 'black'?
) who get very embarrassed and annoyed when people try to use their race and ethnicity as an excuse for 'Black' peoples failings or perceived injustices.

If these people cheated then they should be stripped of their title - nothing to do with Black and White but everything to do with right and wrong.

Pretty simple really.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Being British I'm not over familiar with this particular story, I am however, familiar with Jesse Jackson and his like.

I have enormous respect for the work and effort many of his generation did, and in some cases continue to do so, in promoting civil rights and equality.
Its saddening to see those efforts cheapened and devalued by Jackson and his like.

I know many Black people, (am I allowed to call them 'black'?
) who get very embarrassed and annoyed when people try to use their race and ethnicity as an excuse for 'Black' peoples failings or perceived injustices.

If these people cheated then they should be stripped of their title - nothing to do with Black and White but everything to do with right and wrong.

Pretty simple really.

I have a question for you, what are race relations like across the pond? Is it like it is here in the U.S. or significantly different?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Does it matter that the kids had nothing to do with this but will face the ultimate penalty? Does it matter that no one told the parents or kids that there was a specific boundary? Does it matter that these kids actually did win and beat the other team?

No deflated balls.

Seems crazy that perennial cheaters, the New England Patriots, get to keep their Lombardi Trophy but these kids have to give theirs back.

The coach should be banned from Little League for life. He knew the parameters but failed to communicate it to the kids and parents.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

I have a question for you, what are race relations like across the pond? Is it like it is here in the U.S. or significantly different?

Having never been to The States I can't really give a genuine comparison but rather an impression.

I'd say there's not that much difference.

I've seen great improvements in my lifetime and the vast majority of people are more or less free from racial prejudice.
But of course an element of it still exists and it varies from place to place.

And I suspect there's still an element of it that is inherent in organisations like the Police etc despite the enormous efforts people / government / organisations have done to eliminate it.

If I'm being honest I'd say the Afro-Caribbean's have more or less integrated into UK society and very much enhanced it - much of the racial tension here exists with those of a Sub-continent origin.

And though its not publicised there are problems in some of the big cities between Afro-Caribbean's and newer immigrants from places like Somalia.

Other Brits could quite easily have a completely different take on things and may offer an alternative perspective.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Does it matter that these kids actually did win and beat the other team?

I believe it does matter to all of the teams that they beat.... teams that didn't break the rules and recruit from outside.
How would you like to be one of the kids on the other teams that played their hearts out and lost to a team that cheated?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

And though its not publicised there are problems in some of the big cities between Afro-Caribbean's and newer immigrants from places like Somalia.

Other Brits could quite easily have a completely different take on things and may offer an alternative perspective.

Any speculation on why the Afro-Caribbeans and newer immigrants might be having issues?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Oh he would have cared just not in the same way. He would have been suing the league for allowing a racist all white team to have been formed

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Jesse involved in this? Well he must have picked up the scent of money wafting from the kitchen. Ah yes. I see him walking into the kitchen with his big wooden spoon ready to stir the pot. What? Did I say something wrong? It's not a wooden spoon, but a metal one? Oh brother.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I seen on the news this morning the White House was going to get involved as well. Unreal!
I agree with the OP about the rules they broke. Furthermore, I think we should stop handing out free passes. Enough is a enough!
You want something? Go work for it like the rest of us do!

edit on 12-2-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's not like they are older, more practiced kids. Or they used rigged equipment or used dirty tactics during game play. The kids didn't even know there was an issue until it was announced they would be disqualified.

It does smack a bit of sour grapes/sore loser...no one raised any objections during the season, but only after they won.

Also, apply your reasoning to the NFL...

edit on 2/12/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

(am I allowed to call them 'black'? )

yes you can, but i dare say the the PC majority and black folks who are U.S. citizens like to be called African Americans. even though they were born in the U.S. on the north american continent.

I know many Black people, (am I allowed to call them 'black'? ) who get very embarrassed and annoyed when people try to use their race and ethnicity as an excuse for 'Black' peoples failings or perceived injustices.

there are some black U.S. citizens that feel same and say the same thing, they face all kinds of hateful comments and remarks from their peers when they express that opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Anyone wanna take a guess at how much cold hard cash any of those kids will see if Jesse Jackson wins his lawsuit?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Freeborn

(am I allowed to call them 'black'? )

yes you can, but i dare say the the PC majority and black folks who are U.S. citizens like to be called African Americans. even though they were born in the U.S. on the north american continent.

I know many Black people, (am I allowed to call them 'black'? ) who get very embarrassed and annoyed when people try to use their race and ethnicity as an excuse for 'Black' peoples failings or perceived injustices.

there are some black U.S. citizens that feel same and say the same thing, they face all kinds of hateful comments and remarks from their peers when they express that opinion.

Maybe a location thing? I live in TN and the black folks here call themselves "blacks" and feel others should do the same. Two black girls I met in collage told me they were highly offended when someone refers to them as "colored" and they aren't comfortable with being called African America either as they are American just like anyone else who was born here. They also went on to say calling them anything else other than black feels racist to them. Since I am from TN and these 2 ladies are my friends I will refer to them as blacks - no matter what any person online or forum says.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Any speculation on why the Afro-Caribbeans and newer immigrants might be having issues?

I'm led to believe that there is a perception that the newer immigrants, many of whom come from in and around the Horn of Africa, have no desire to integrate and give the established Afro-Caribbean community a 'bad name'.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I lose track of current PC terminology - Benedict Cumberbatch recently had to apologise for calling Black people 'Coloured', its ridiculous.

I know Black people who prefer to be called Black British and I know Black people who like to be called Afro-Caribbean - who cares? People are people.

Yeah, some get called Uncle Tom etc over here, but to be honest in my experience most Black people don't really care, they just want to get on living their lives the same as everyone else.

Again, some people may have different experiences and viewpoints - I'm fortunate that the vast majority of people I know throughout the UK tend to view skin colour as a non-issue, people are simply who and what they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join