It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Girls Enjoy 'Best School Lunch in America'...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oooh, those evil federal programs, just making kids sicker and sicker... oh wait,

New federal regulations to improve school lunches have also played a role in slimming down America’s children by placing calorie limits on meals and requiring more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Anticipating these changes, Carrollton City Schools in Georgia began introducing more whole-grain foods and fresh fruits and vegetables in its cafeteria over the last 12 years. Today, the four schools that make up the district serve 3,860 healthy meals a day and their on-campus nutritionists estimate that produce consumption among its students has increased by up to 40%.

healthland.time.com...

Oh, the horrors.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As I've said above, MY children went to both Public AND Private schools (pre-Obama)...and the quality of their school-provided lunch was never an issue in either case.

Would they have been given moldy, unsanitary, swill such as kids in public schools are now receiving, I would've either withdrawn them or packed lunches from home (as also stated above, this was never an issue or a need).

I would suggest this codicil: If Michelle is now micro-managing school lunch menus...than one must assume that she should not simply and blindly follow the progressive, limousine-liberal motto: "Do As I Say;Not As I Do.
ALSO...drop 30 pounds, before you go around saying OTHER people are too fat: )

Here's a novel idea: Parental CHOICE!
Allow PARENTS, who would rather their student-age kids NOT partake of Michelle's lunchroom dictates (which are currently resulting in moldy garbage for children from schools that get paid the same amount no matter how poor their educational and culinary offerings may be), be allowed to take a TAX deduction for bagging home lunches.
WATCH how fast lunches improve when parents start voting on their quality by withdrawing their tax dollars!

Better yet, allow parents to have COMPLETE 'School Choice' by allowing them to use the money they mandate we pay in school taxes...and letting them use it to send their children to the school of their choice!
Let free market competition decide.

Naturally, liberals cringe at this idea and reject it out of hand. THEY would rather decide what your kids should eat, what they should learn...and where they should learn it. After all, THEY know whats best for you...YOU are too weak and too stupid (...and THEY will make sure your public schools...and their lunches... KEEP you that way!).
edit on 7-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
School cafeteria food has always been crappy. I never ate it.
How hard is it to make a sandwich and throw a piece of fruit in a bag?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The school lunch program is a joke.

All the kids do later is go right to McDonald's anyway.

The incompetence of administered programs is sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well, childhood obesity rates and childhood diabetes rates being what they are, I guess people ARE too stupid to make their own choices. And since the fed govt has stepped in with some guidelines and regulations, childhood obesity is starting to go down. The numbers don't lie. Unless you WANT America being known as having the fattest, sickest people on the planet.

Moldy food is not the norm in our public schools - not now and not in the past, despite what lies the right wing is spouting. I'm sure there have also been some rare incidents of moldy food in school lunches long before Obama even thought about running for president.

If you think there is ever going to be a time when taxes will be optional and regulations will go away -- you are living in a dream world. And that's true no matter whether conservatives OR liberals are running things.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think the biggest and most costly failures manifest in the biggest Liberal areas.

Strange coincidences correlating to massive theft and corruption scams.

(post by IAMTAT removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes it is horrifying. I saw some pictures of some moldy food once. It colored my entire perception of the issue.

I am a simple man. I don't do complicated things like thinking and eating healthy. I can't understand why anyone else would either.

My big problem is the feds think they can decide what is served in an institution that they run. This is America' not communist china.
edit on 7-2-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think prisons,hospitals, and schools all shop at the same place.

Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I guess public schools are too good for the king, and queens kiddies.

'Let them eat cake'.

OR in this case stuff I wouldn't even feed a dog.

School lunches are yummy!.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well, childhood obesity rates and childhood diabetes rates being what they are, I guess people ARE too stupid to make their own choices.

Spoken like a true liberal. Michelle would be proud!

the liberal scum thinks that they will get away with taking your kids lunches. I won't let it happen this is America we fight for freedom.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Apparently the kids were just fine with their lunches till she stepped in -

www.businessinsider.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

weaselzippers.us...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well, childhood obesity rates and childhood diabetes rates being what they are, I guess people ARE too stupid to make their own choices.

Spoken like a true liberal. Michelle would be proud!

Are you saying that childhood obesity rates haven't tripled over the last 30 years? Where is your source?
Here's mine:

Over the past three decades, childhood obesity rates have tripled in the U.S., and today, the country has some of the highest obesity rates in the world: one out of six children is obese, and one out of three children is overweight or obese.

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Not saying that at all. What I AM saying, is it is NOT Michelin Obama's place to control MY child's diet.
SHE can't even control her own.

link   
a reply to: [post=18975491]

Those liberal scientist shall burn hell for their lies! It is all to make Obama look like Jesus. He is the false Messiah!
edit on 7-2-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

link   

I would suggest this codicil: If Michelle is now micro-managing school lunch menus...than one must assume that she should not simply and blindly follow the progressive, limousine-liberal motto: "Do As I Say;Not As I Do.

You're so caught up in partisanship that you can barely complete an entire sentence without using some right-wing propaganda buzzword or another and yet you have the temerity to talk about blindly following? I also think you may be unfamiliar with what micromanaging means. How is setting guidelines on nutrition an example of micromanaging? If anything, the imposed limits are not granular enough.

Secondly, Michelle Obama has no legislative power. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 was signed into law by Congress and the President and passed the Senate by unanimous vote I might add.

Nancy Reagan was a big supporter of the "Just Say No" program, should we be blaming Nancy for the abysmal "War on Drugs?"

Better yet, allow parents to have COMPLETE 'School Choice' by allowing them to use the money they mandate we pay in school taxes...and letting them use it to send their children to the school of their choice!
Let free market competition decide.

Who are "they" exactly? With the exception of Washington, D.C., the federal government doesn't have any control over whether or not districts have voucher programs. Also, are you aware that only about 9% of the funding for education comes from federal taxes and 95% of that is meted out to the states in block grants? The overwhelming majority comes from state and local taxes, particularly property taxes. I'd also like to point out that essentially we pick our representation through a free market system and yet I rarely see people touting the successes.
edit on 2015-2-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Gryphon66

Apparently the kids were just fine with their lunches till she stepped in -

www.businessinsider.com...

www.nationalreview.com...

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

weaselzippers.us...

While you're googling, trying looking at Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act.

And for gods sake stop representing this as something instigated and implemented by M. Obama.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Not saying that at all. What I AM saying, is it is NOT Michelin Obama's place to control MY child's diet.

She isn't; your local school board is.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

She isn't; your local school board is.

She everywhere! Dictating our lunches, singing songs of death. She may even be here, on this very forum.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Fine, in 2014, the federal government allocated $142 billion on education.
Let's give that 9% in federal taxes back to parents to decide which schools they wish to spend it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join