It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Girls Enjoy 'Best School Lunch in America'...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Whats wrong with him sending his kids to private school? Sounds like parents giving their kids the best education possible.
Do you really want his daughters in the same public school as your kid? That makes your kid a big target in my book. No thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are you suggesting Michelle Obama's guidelines say the kids should be fed mold?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: kaylaluv
ALL rich kids who go to private schools get better lunches than the public school kids. Those rich kids also have better clothes, better cars, better everything. What's your point? You want better lunches? Get rich and send your kids to private school. This is America, where everyone has a chance to make it big!

There is a difference between a "better" lunch and a mold, covered, inedible one. Yes I will blame Michelle Obama for the mold in the food. The expense of her program causes cafeterias to try to stretch way too far to accommodate.

The calorie count on the portions are too small for athletes, but they are cutting athletic programs in a lot of schools anyway so who cares right? Kids should focus on Math, and literature, but wait... With Common Core the academics are falling even further down the tube and kids are getting graded on their "attitudes" (how well they sit down, shut up and comply) instead. It's not an education, it's an indoctrination and they are feeding them trash bin level food on top of it. I suppose though, it's a very thorough way to make sure that The Great Unwashed know their place.

"Just pick the mold off peasant. At least we're feeding you".

Awesome post. I could only give you 1 STAR...but here's a bunch more: **********************

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Murika where kids eat more calories than a normal human behing should eat, and when one tries to educate people on eating healthy makes you a dictator.

Lol at michelles makes the food moldy.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You can't send your child with a lunch?

Wouldn't that be cheaper than private school? (Christian school, I'm assuming?)

THREAD AT LARGE

I could have sworn that Congress passed the new laws about school lunches; I must have missed the Imperial Decree.

I could have also sworn that guidelines were set and local School Boards make the decisions about what foods to offer.

And let's just forget that changes were made that were recommended by the National Institute of Health to combat an obesity epidemic from kids whose parents are more interested in "being able to make my own choices" than teaching their kids good habits or taking care of them.

Yeah, this was all just Michelle Obama's whim. No reason at all to be concerned. Just another power grab. /eyeroll

edit on 11Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:17:57 -060015p112015266 by Gryphon66 because: Bah

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Are you suggesting Michelle Obama's guidelines say the kids should be fed mold?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

And it sounds like you are drinking the Koolaid.
Read...THEN reply

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
You describe this like you are forced to eat the school lunch..well your kids, Why cant you pack a lunch for them? In general yes the privledged get nicer stuff.

When I went to school my mom packed the lunch..and provided the lunch..is it illegal now to send your kids to school with a lunch?
Im puzzled.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yeah, this was all just Michelle Obama's whim. No reason at all to be concerned. Just another power grab. /eyeroll

Didn't you know, she's rubbing her hands together with an evil glint in her eye and saying, "must feed them mold..."

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They can pack lunch but if and this is actually "when" they decide it fails the standard, they trash it, make the kid eat school food, then send the parents a bill

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

They can pack lunch but if and this is actually "when" they decide it fails the standard, they trash it, make the kid eat school food, then send the parents a bill

Doesn't that vary school system by school system?

And isn't that a decision made at the local school level? Not by the First Lady?

So, smaller, local government is making these kinds of decisions ... hmm.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Um...

Right, so the First Lady suggests that school meals should be healthier, and all of a sudden the bastards running the companies that supply and cook the food, forget the most basic elements of food safety?

I am sorry, but something reeks of sabotage to me, let alone mouldy salami!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Um...

Right, so the First Lady suggests that school meals should be healthier, and all of a sudden the bastards running the companies that supply and cook the food, forget the most basic elements of food safety?

This is exactly my problem. As if Mrs. Obama is actually responsible for the actions of some company that was hired.

FFS people.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Well Im in Canada..I think the worst they have done here is maybee take pop out of the vending machines. If a child actually has their packed lunch taken and trashed I would be furious as a parent.
Has it happened much?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
They can but many are just too lazy to do it. Then they want to whine because schools have a program they are supposed to follow.

Yep, we need to blame the system instead of telling parents to take an interest in their kids lives. My wife packs 3 lunches, 2 for my kids and one for me.

The "system" in all ways is the very bottom of the basics that one can provide to their kids. Whether food, learning, guidance, mentoring, physical activity etc it is the minimum. If that is all right, and so it seems with most, then carry on since my kids will have a huge advantage over others for a successful life.

edit on 7-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I'm just waiting for the "Bush Did It" excuse.
It is amazing how many Obama defenders show up every time something bad is said. Makes you think they're just sitting and waiting for it. Hmmm. I find it funny they can't see the hypocrisy of Moochelle whining about what our kids eat, while her's get to pick from restaurant quality menus. And since we're talking about them paying for it out of their own pocket, how 'bout they start footing the bill for their vacations too?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Um...

Some call it mold, others call it penicillin...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
as mentioned, some schools do not allow brown bagging

articles.chicagotribune.com...

***At...Little Village Academy on Chicago's West Side, students are not allowed to pack lunches from home. Unless they have a medical excuse, they must eat the food served in the cafeteria.***

***Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve (in the lunchroom). It's milk versus a Coke. But with allergies and any medical issue, of course, we would make an exception."
Carmona said she created the policy six years ago after watching students bring "bottles of soda and flaming hot chips" on field trips for their lunch. Although she would not name any other schools that employ such practices, she said it was fairly common.***

soda and chips > moldy stuff

I don't care what Michelle's kids eat; she shouldn't care what my kids eat.
edit on 7-2-2015 by works4dhs because: add useful line

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I'm just waiting for the "Bush Did It" excuse.
It is amazing how many Obama defenders show up every time something bad is said. Makes you think they're just sitting and waiting for it. Hmmm. I find it funny they can't see the hypocrisy of Moochelle whining about what our kids eat, while her's get to pick from restaurant quality menus. And since we're talking about them paying for it out of their own pocket, how 'bout they start footing the bill for their vacations too?

What a nonsensical post! Read about the history of the changes to school lunches in this country. It didn't start with Michelle Obama, and it certainly doesn't end there.

I'd wager that for many members here, it's not a matter of "defending" Obama or anyone else ... it's a matter of correcting utter misrepresentation of the facts. It is, however, not a coincidence that working to dispel dishonesty typically happens in Obama-bashing threads ... the Obama-bashing crew seems to have different standards for the truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Not an Obama supporter but Im pretty sure most presidents have taken vacations on the taxpayer..research it you will find its true. Also Im sure if anyone want the perks of presidency just become president.
It's just the way it is for any elite.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
as mentioned, some schools do not allow brown bagging

articles.chicagotribune.com...

***At...Little Village Academy on Chicago's West Side, students are not allowed to pack lunches from home. Unless they have a medical excuse, they must eat the food served in the cafeteria.***

***Nutrition wise, it is better for the children to eat at the school," Carmona said. "It's about the nutrition and the excellent quality food that they are able to serve (in the lunchroom). It's milk versus a Coke. But with allergies and any medical issue, of course, we would make an exception."
Carmona said she created the policy six years ago after watching students bring "bottles of soda and flaming hot chips" on field trips for their lunch. Although she would not name any other schools that employ such practices, she said it was fairly common.***

soda and chips > moldy stuff

I don't care what Michelle's kids eat; she shouldn't care what my kids eat.

This story dates from 2001!!! It has nothing to do with recent changes to school lunches.

Back in 2001, one Chicago-area school called Little Village Academy banned home lunches. The Chicago Tribune covered the minor controversy, explaining that the school's principal (not the federal government) had instituted the rule at his school only after watching students bring lunches consisting of "bottles of soda and flaming hot chips" on field trips.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join