It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Girls Enjoy 'Best School Lunch in America'...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not saying that at all. What I AM saying, is it is NOT Michelin Obama's place to control MY child's diet.
SHE can't even control her own.

Why don't you control your child's diet then, and make their lunch, everyday?

Why utilize any part of the welfare-nanny-state School Lunch Program?

Stand up for your beliefs, or in this case, make a lunch!

/duh

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Fine, in 2014, the federal government allocated $142 billion on education.
Let's give that 9% in federal taxes back to parents to decide which schools they wish to spend it on.

Right after you give back the $615 billion on "defense" that mostly went to fatcat contractors.

Why not homeschool your kids, if you're so distraught?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The school lunch program is a joke.

All the kids do later is go right to McDonald's anyway.

The incompetence of administered programs is sad.

I know Republicans are not really big on offering reasonable replacements for the plans they like to trash-talk, but hey, let's give it a shot.

What would you replace the program with that would be more efficient and would make sure that kids in public schools get good nutritious lunches everyday, oh wise Xuenchen?

Do enlighten us.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I only feed my child fat directly syphoned from Chris Christie.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

edit on 7-2-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Fine, in 2014, the federal government allocated $142 billion on education.
Let's give that 9% in federal taxes back to parents to decide which schools they wish to spend it on.

Tell that to your state legislature.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

For one thing, I would do something other than assume that if I ban something the schools are going to magically come up with a wonderful, tasty, beautiful solution because I said they couldn't do something.

That's underpants gnomes reasoning.

1. Ban most things that are on the school lunch menu and set calorie limits.

2. ?

3. Kids lose weight.

So, of wise Gryphon, explain to us what the ? in the plan is.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: peck420
Are Americans not allowed to pack lunches for their children?
2nd.

They can but many are just too lazy to do it. Then they want to whine because schools have a program they are supposed to follow.

The program the school is supposed to follow, which should be a really damned good menu not propaganda from the elite, is paid for by tax dollars, and it should be just as nice as what her kids are eating, paid for by tax dollars, and for those on fixed incomes provided for, as is often the case, where school lunch programs are tailored to your income, SUCH IS THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

And you can take your concepts of scarcity and entitlement and apply them to the 1% who think they are so damned entitled. NADA. they're going to get a taste of the other side of the line when we pull them out of this simulation. I remember who I am now. Its a good thing, they're so carefully arranging their own next steps by some serious errors in philosophy and dark beliefs.

As for your post,

Some people take assets and resources and create a masterpiece, others take the same tax dollars and resources and create hell on earth.

Trouble is, they don't realize it only shows themselves up as lacking and shoves them into some really tough tests in their next steps.

The IOU's are mounting, and the people of this planet are majorily OWED.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
By the way, the tilipia shows it all. They're not eating common food, the ocean fish, they're not taking in the radiation, the synthia from BP's disaster, they're taking in pure, organic, highly nutritious, aquaponics as tilipia is the mainstay of those systems. You can mix that with catfish, in the same tank, that don't taste muddy, and shrimp and crayfish, and have a touch of ocean fair but no chemicals.

Really really upsets me that people don't wake up and stop this all right now. Its child abuse to not wake up. You're murdering your own children by stupidity. And then to put down and try to corner those who are awake but powerless unless you guys wake up too.....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And you might also have this principal.

She sounds like a mini-Michelle. Banning home lunches to save children from their own bad food choices.

Or you could be sending your kids here where they might decide what you pack doesn't meet the guidelines and feed your kid their food anyway.

edit on 7-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or maniacs like this in the system....

Teacher attacked 1st grader for having too much food at lunch

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Open Chicago style Italian delicatessens in the schools.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A healthy lifestyle makes for happier people, less visits to the doctor and a longer life span.

Only in murika where this is an evil thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

When you have a highly athletic son or daughter who is restricted to less than 800 calories on a major meal before they undergo an intense practice, they are not living a "healthy" lifestyle because they are not replacing the calories they will be using up.

Michelle's lunch rules make no allowances for athletes. They assume they are standard couch potatoes.

edit on 7-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A couple of questions occur:

1. Have you actually read the law, or the continuing USDA recommendations? Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act

I know this probably won't mean much to you, but it did a lot more than change nutritional requirements, like, expanded the number of poor kids who can qualify, as well as after-school programs, provides good drinking water, etc.

I ask because your presentation above seems ignorant of the actual requirements and implementations of the, you know, actual law. Or did you just know it was on the list of things Republicans are against?

2. Why weren't you making and sending your own lunches with your kids again? Why did you have to send them to private school? I must have missed your response.

/floats wisely contemplating the foolishness of arguing with foolishness

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: peck420
Are Americans not allowed to pack lunches for their children?
2nd.

They can but many are just too lazy to do it. Then they want to whine because schools have a program they are supposed to follow.

The program the school is supposed to follow, which should be a really damned good menu not propaganda from the elite, is paid for by tax dollars, and it should be just as nice as what her kids are eating, paid for by tax dollars, and for those on fixed incomes provided for, as is often the case, where school lunch programs are tailored to your income, SUCH IS THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

And you can take your concepts of scarcity and entitlement and apply them to the 1% who think they are so damned entitled. NADA. they're going to get a taste of the other side of the line when we pull them out of this simulation. I remember who I am now. Its a good thing, they're so carefully arranging their own next steps by some serious errors in philosophy and dark beliefs.

As for your post,

Some people take assets and resources and create a masterpiece, others take the same tax dollars and resources and create hell on earth.

Trouble is, they don't realize it only shows themselves up as lacking and shoves them into some really tough tests in their next steps.

The IOU's are mounting, and the people of this planet are majorily OWED.

Expecting kids from public schools to eat the same meals that kids from private schools eat is just plain ignorance. So if you think the should eat the same then tell the parents to start paying for their kids to go to school then they would have a right to complain that their kids aren't eating gourmet food for lunch.
edit on 7-2-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Open Chicago style Italian delicatessens in the schools.

Ah, a joke. Yeah, that's about what I thought. No plan, no alternative, no real thought, just criticism. Typical Republican approach.

I'm going to have to get that "Wise Xuenchen" card back from you now.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

When you have a highly athletic son or daughter who is restricted to less than 800 calories on a major meal before they undergo an intense practice, they are not living a "healthy" lifestyle because they are not replacing the calories they will be using up.

Michelle's lunch rules make no allowances for athletes. They assume they are standard couch potatoes.

Then tell their parents to get off their lazy asses and pick up the slack. Athletic programs such as football, basketball and baseball are not a requirement for students in school.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IAMTAT

Cool so the moral of the story is if you want you kids to have fancy lunches send them to private school?

Totally needed a thread on that

i think the moral is that they'll have to eat crap if you can't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join