It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Girls Enjoy 'Best School Lunch in America'...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sorry OP, you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy for your cause here on ATS.

Some of the most blatant Obama apologists that I've ever seen, are regulars.

I get your point. If Michelle Obama's lunch program is so wonderful, why aren't her kids being forced to eat it? The answer is simple: Her kids are better than yours.

As for the remarks that "they pay for every penny of that lunch", I have to disagree. The Obamas have never held career positions in which they made enough money to afford this level of schooling for their children, the lifestyle they live, or the posh vacations that they take multiple times a year. A lot of the expensive perks they enjoy are funded by the taxpayers.

As of the end of 2012, the Obamas had indirectly cost the taxpayers $1.4 billion to afford their lifestyle.

So, to paraphrase the president: He didn't pay for that, we did.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
What did the kids in America get served for lunches before Michelle Obama implemented her school lunch program?

Stuff that was too fatty too salty and with not enough fresh fruit and vegetables. It also had no calorie restrictions imposed on it.

Now they have imposed calorie restrictions and fat and salt rules that make it hard for schools to comply.

Basically for the money schools allocate to food, their isn't much they can put on the plate the fits the rules. And there is no wiggle room. So crap like this goes on. Or they buy regular food and can't put any of it on the plate at all so kids get nothing.

Then, there are places that either don't let you pack a brown bag or have inspectors that can come and decide that if you don't pack the right stuff, your lunch if deficient and the kid must take the school's lunch.

In short, it's a mess.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Nope. Common Core was the reason. This is just one more bit of evidence that the decision is the right one.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In some places they aren't.

That is absolutely asinine.
2nd.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well, when they feed your child mold. Don't come here and complain then. If you sent him or her to public school because you didn't care enough to do better for him or her that's not any of our problem, but I'm sure Michelle cares more than we do.

My child went to elementary public school, and an International Baccalaureate charter school during middle school. She never had any moldy food served to her. Ever. If she had, I wouldn't blame Michelle for that, I would blame the school. Just like, if they didn't keep their bathrooms clean, I wouldn't blame Obama - I would blame the school's housekeeping staff. Duh.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
ALL rich kids who go to private schools get better lunches than the public school kids. Those rich kids also have better clothes, better cars, better everything. What's your point? You want better lunches? Get rich and send your kids to private school. This is America, where everyone has a chance to make it big!

Bull dooey!
You live in a make believe world sold to you by the scum that live off the peoples misery....
There is nothing the elite enjoy that does not take away from the rest of humanity......
edit on 7-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Cool so the moral of the story is if you want you kids to have fancy lunches send them to private school?

Totally needed a thread on that

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

ALL rich kids who go to private schools get better lunches than the public school kids. Those rich kids also have better clothes, better cars, better everything. What's your point? You want better lunches? Get rich and send your kids to private school. This is America, where everyone has a chance to make it big!

Bull dooey!
You live in a make believe world sold to you by the scum that live off the peoples misery....
There is nothing the elite enjoy that does not take away from the rest of humanity......

Excuses, excuses.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

As for the remarks that "they pay for every penny of that lunch", I have to disagree. The Obamas have never held career positions in which they made enough money to afford this level of schooling for their children, the lifestyle they live, or the posh vacations that they take multiple times a year. A lot of the expensive perks they enjoy are funded by the taxpayers.

Every president after Jimmy Carter has had their children in private schools. Even the Republican ones.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
*sigh*

Faux outrage again.

They go a to a private school.

Of course they have better food, than public schools. You cannot compare one to the other, that's sort of asinine.

You're basically asking the Fed Gov to fund every school at the level that private schools do, in order for them to enjoy that kind of perk. Which is ridiculous.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Every president after Jimmy Carter has had their children in private schools. Even the Republican ones.

I never said that they didn't. By the way, I'm not a Republican. However, the others haven't had their wives occupying their time by deciding what our kids can, or cannot eat, while theirs eat like the aristocrats that they are.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Barry gets plenty of heat from 'regulars' here as well, this thread will catch some traction just wait.

We could go tit for tat, shoot we got two examples in this post alone

I am sure you would call me an 'apologist', and you give him plenty of heat.

Not sure why it is a big surprise that the president is living off the dime of the tax payer, just been going on for decades.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not a question of what the Obama kids eat. Just the question, why does Michelle feel the need to have other kids eat food that is below acceptable.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
With the price of private school, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are paying for every penny of that lunch. I must ask though, why the fascination? Who really cares what the Obama daughters eat? It seems a bit creepy that anyone would even be so interested that they would research it. Fanatical wingnuts.

In case you missed the point of this post, it's called "hypocrisy". She advocates crappy food for the masses while her kids eat like royalty. You really don't get that?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

MY boys went to both Public AND Private schools as they were growing up...and they were never served garbage like this in any school (of course, that was before the Obamas came in to mandate, dictate and over-regulate).
Had they received anything resembling these meals...I would have packed them lunches from home.
Naturally, that would've seemed redundant, as I was already paying for wholesome, non-spoiled, meals through my taxes and their tuition.

ANYTIME the government (or the Government's wife) get involved in massive over-regulation and micro-management on any enterprise...said enterprise will suffer and degrade.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not only are the queens children better than yours and fed amazingly with your money, you pay for your children's crappy meals from their public school more than once. From source

In FY 2011, federal spending totaled $10.1 billion for the National School Lunch Program. This federal support comes in the form of a cash reimbursement for each meal served

If your childs school gives them free meals,Because the rest of the parents are shelling out lunch money for little Johnny and Susie, your lucky? i know not all the schools do this but still. This option is the one where they give poor kids a sad sandwich while the others get a little more and better quailty food.

Community Eligibility allows schools with high numbers of low-income children to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students without collecting school meal applications or tracking eligibility in the cafeteria. This option increases participation by children in the school meal programs, while schools reduce labor costs and increase their federal revenues, allowing for a healthier student body and a healthier school meal budget. A formula based on the number of students certified without the need for paper applications (called “Identified Students”) is the basis for reimbursements instead of paper applications. Any school building can use this option when 40 percent or more students are certified for free meals without a paper application based on their status as in foster care, Head Start, homeless, migrant, or living in households that receive SNAP/Food Stamps, TANF cash assistance or FDPIR benefits.

This is a no win for the kids,better pack a lunch
Provision 2 is an option that enables schools and institutions to provide free meals to all of their students while reducing paperwork and administrative costs. While any school that participates in the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program may opt for Provision 2, generally schools with high percentages of low-income students (75 percent or more) are able to utilize this option. Under Provision 2, all students receive free meals, regardless of income, and schools collect applications for free and reduced-price meals once every four years, at most. Also, schools under Provision 2 do not have to track and record the different categories of meals served for at least three out of every four years. Provision 2 schools pay the difference between the cost of serving meals at no charge to all students and the federal reimbursement for the meals. School nutrition programs should contact their State Agencies for assistance on how to implement Provision 2 in some or all of their schools.

Now tell who is getting the short stick in all this? It's not the big gov that's for sure
edit on 2/7/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: i love typos!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I didnt realise michelle with the hippo hips was a nutritionist and had the qualifications to arrange school lunches for America's children. Surely with the urge for equality all children should be having the same dinner menus?

If she is serving up mouldy food why is no one suing her or her company that must transgress food hygiene standrds and whatever legislation the USA has for protecting its diners from mouldy food?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

There is a difference between a "better" lunch and a mold, covered, inedible one. Yes I will blame Michelle Obama for the mold in the food. The expense of her program causes cafeterias to try to stretch way too far to accommodate.

The calorie count on the portions are too small for athletes, but they are cutting athletic programs in a lot of schools anyway so who cares right? Kids should focus on Math, and literature, but wait... With Common Core the academics are falling even further down the tube and kids are getting graded on their "attitudes" (how well they sit down, shut up and comply) instead. It's not an education, it's an indoctrination and they are feeding them trash bin level food on top of it. I suppose though, it's a very thorough way to make sure that The Great Unwashed know their place.

"Just pick the mold off peasant. At least we're feeding you".
edit on 7-2-2015 by redhorse because: needed punctuation

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No school is forced to comply with the regulations. All a school has to do is not take the lunch program funding that the federal government offers. You don't take the funding, you can make whatever type of lunch you want. If the state wants to fund the lunch programs for its schools, then the state gets to decide what kinds of lunches will be offered.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well the solution is simple.

Welfare moms got to stop trading in their food stamps for cigarette and booze money so they can make bag lunches with peanutbutter n jelly sandwiches for their kids.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join