It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Girls Enjoy 'Best School Lunch in America'...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I searched and didn't find this posted yet. Forgive me if I missed it, but the recent controversy from kids in Michelle Obama's school lunch program tweeting out photos of absolutely disgusting meals made me want to see what HER girls were eating for lunch at school each day.
This recent article showing photos of moldy food was my motivation...along with (full disclosure) a complete disdain for Obama elitism and hypocrisy.

PHOTOS: The skimpy, moldy, mysterious and downright gross Michelle O lunches Congress should see

eagnews.org...

With public school students using #ThanksMichelle to tweet photos of their skimpy, stomach-turning school lunches, I decided to look at what Michelle Obama's daughters are served at Sidwell Friends school, and it turns out the girls dine on lunches from menus designed by chefs.

First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" program is responsible for low calorie limits on public school students and lunch gruel that resulted in tweets like this:

PHOTO: twitter.com...

First Lady Michelle Obama's daughters attend Sidwell Friends, and their meals include hot lunches that are prepared every day fresh-from-scratch. The company that caters the food, Meriwether-Godsey, uses chefs to prepare the food on-site - from scratch - with local and organic foods where possible.

Here's a sampling of the school's "soup of the day": Borscht, Tuscan white bean, Italian bean and kale, calico wild rice, Thai chicken coconut soup, local butternut squash soup, chilled cucumber and mint soup, and chilled blueberry soup.

Other delectable lunch items include:
Crusted tilapia
Herb roasted chicken
Strawberries and chevre salad
Freshly baked muffins
Pesto cream & garden fresh marinara sauce
Roasted edamame & #ake mushrooms
Jicama mango slaw
Fresh herb risotto
Vegetarian stuffed Portobello mushrooms
Baked lemon herb tilapia
Arugula, fennel and parmesan salad

If the items listed above look like they could appear on the menu at a wedding or a five-star restaurant, that's because the menus are prepared by people that have studied under Sous Chefs.

Unsurprisingly, the lunch Michelle's daughters eat ranked #1 on The Daily Meal's "The Best School Lunches in America:"

Cuisines you'd never dream of show up on the menu here, such as an entire lunch of Brazilian delicacies like feijoada, caldo verde soup, all-natural chicken with coconut milk, and mango and pineapple with lime and mint. There's ...creative dishes like the Creole caprese salad or hot and sour Cajun gumbo served on "Fat Tuesday."

Nothing on the menu at Sidwell Friends looks remotely like the revolting lunches tweeted by public school students. What would the First Lady say? Let them eat ... freshly baked muffins?

cnsnews.com...
edit on 7-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment and links added

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
With the price of private school, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are paying for every penny of that lunch. I must ask though, why the fascination? Who really cares what the Obama daughters eat? It seems a bit creepy that anyone would even be so interested that they would research it. Fanatical wingnuts.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Old news really... Just a simple case of the haves and the have nots.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yep and it pisses me off!
What kind of world is this?
Time to take it back from the elite scum.....

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

I don't care what they eat until SHE came around and told us what our kids had to eat and they starve as a result.

This was one more reason why my husband and I are beggaring ourselves to put our kid in a small private school. They are not beholden to Lady Obama's lunch commands so my son will get actual food for lunch, either the brown bag I serve him or the organic one of the parents caters in or the Waldo pizza they serve on Wednesdays. But yes, we are definitely going to feel that privilege in our finances. There are a lot of other things that money could have gone to.

edit on 7-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
ALL rich kids who go to private schools get better lunches than the public school kids. Those rich kids also have better clothes, better cars, better everything. What's your point? You want better lunches? Get rich and send your kids to private school. This is America, where everyone has a chance to make it big!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not always.

Ours will not have better cars, clothes or everything because it was either that or he gets a better education and actual food at lunch. Sometimes, it's either/or.

Of course, the tuition costs at the school we're going to apply to isn't any different than the cost of his daycare, either.

edit on 7-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"Know your place, Prole!
you will eat the slop we give you while WE dine on the best your tax money will buy for us!"

You know they're thinking it

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Honestly, I think it's criminal what our kids in public schools are being forced to eat due to Obama dictates.
Please look at the photos of moldy, spoiled food...and realize that massive amounts of taxpayer money are being wasted to provide garbage for our children.

If you don't feel our kids deserve better...fine. I, on the other hand, think it's a crime.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Are Americans not allowed to pack lunches for their children?
2nd.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

In some places they aren't.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not always.

Ours will not have better cars, clothes or everything because it was either that or he gets a better education and actual food at lunch. Sometimes, it's either/or.

That's just because you didn't have what it takes to be successfully financial enough to have it all. Or, you chose not to do what it takes to be successfully financial. Either way, no reason to blame Michele Obama. Remember, this is America where anything is possible!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Send your kids to private school or pack a lunch for them. Otherwise, you are bitching just to hear the sound of your own voice.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Honestly, I think it's criminal what our kids in public schools are being forced to eat due to Obama dictates.
Please look at the photos of moldy, spoiled food...and realize that massive amounts of taxpayer money are being wasted to provide garbage for our children.

If you don't feel our kids deserve better...fine. I, on the other hand, think it's a crime.

Yes, that's right. Michelle dictated that the food in all public schools must be moldy and spoiled. Has nothing to do with a rotten school.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well, when they feed your child mold. Don't come here and complain then. If you sent him or her to public school because you didn't care enough to do better for him or her that's not any of our problem, but I'm sure Michelle cares more than we do.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What did the kids in America get served for lunches before Michelle Obama implemented her school lunch program?

ETA: I'm asking because at any school I went to in Canada, we either paid for our school lunches, which were sometimes healthy, sometimes not, or brought lunch from home. Are these school lunches in the States free?
edit on 7-2-2015 by Atsbhct because: Question.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Send your kids to private school or pack a lunch for them. Otherwise, you are bitching just to hear the sound of your own voice.

And when your precious darling comes home and tells you he or she got a plate of mold because that sack lunch you sent was found nutritionally deficient by the inspector ... oh and here's the bill for that plate of mold. Don't come crying to us.

My your chains sit lightly on you.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't care what they eat until SHE came around and told us what our kids had to eat and they starve as a result.

This was one more reason why my husband and I are beggaring ourselves to put our kid in a small private school. They are not beholden to Lady Obama's lunch commands so my son will get actual food for lunch, either the brown bag I serve him or the organic one of the parents caters in or the Waldo pizza they serve on Wednesdays. But yes, we are definitely going to feel that privilege in our finances. There are a lot of other things that money could have gone to.

Why send you kid to a private school when you can just send them to school with the brown bag you can make at home. Sounds like you just want to send your kid to a private school and you are just using Obama's lunch program as an excuse to do it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Yes, that's right. Michelle dictated that the food in all public schools must be moldy and spoiled. Has nothing to do with a rotten school.

Amazing response. Michelle is a saint.
Rotten Fish (sticks) stinks from the head down. She is in charge.
edit on 7-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
Are Americans not allowed to pack lunches for their children?
2nd.

They can but many are just too lazy to do it. Then they want to whine because schools have a program they are supposed to follow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join