It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And apparently anonymous did attack the city of Longview website, but it doesn't look like they did much if any damage.

The Longview News-Journal (http://(link tracking not allowed)/18lndoT ) reported today that the city of Longview confirmed Monday it had been targeted by hackers. “We are aware that we were targeted. ... We have taken appropriate steps,” city spokesman Shawn Hara said. “One thing that they targeted was the website.”

Link

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Seriously this thread got 8 pages long and no one wants to comment on the surveillance video? I can't watch it from my phone so I want to know what you guys think.

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx
Here's a link to the surveillance video. This station chose to cut it short just before the moment she's shot. I can't watch from mobile but you guys have at it.
Kltv

From what I'm reading in the comments, at one point an officer is on top of here while she's face down, but like I said I can't watch it...

edit on 28-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Seriously this thread got 8 pages long and no one wants to comment on the surveillance video? I can't watch it from my phone so I want to know what you guys think.

Here's a link to the surveillance video. This station chose to cut it short just before the moment she's shot. I can't watch from mobile but you guys have at it.
Kltv

From what I'm reading in the comments, at one point an officer is on top of here while she's face down, but like I said I can't watch it...

The video wants you to download a video player. No thanks....malware

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Kltv

For some reason the video doesnt play for me.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hmm...well it's my local news station and people on fb saw it. Maybe it'll get posted somewhere else soon.
It was released to several media sources at the press conference..

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

It loads an ad first. I had to refresh twice before the ad would play. Then the video played fine after that.

There is no commentary provided during the video, fyi.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Thanks for that. I think it's pretty clear they had no choice. I wonder why she tried that?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wish I could find a better place to watch. A lot of commenters are saying there were several moments that she could have been cuffed but wasn't.
And of course others are saying the shooting was justified.

I'd like to judge for myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I watched it, not sure what to think about it.

Can't really see where the taser supposedly failed, but she does get up and make a move.

Seems like the one officer had here rather under control and then lost it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I am curious as to the goings on before the fight. Tough to figure out.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A couple of minutes of physical struggle there. When you've got your opponent down and not moving, that's a good time to disarm them. Perhaps the officer involved had some sort of health problem that sapped his brain during the fight.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
According to the article she used a public phone in the lobby asking for an officer and when the officer came out she told him that she had a gun. Then after a struggle he realized it was not a gun, but a butchers knife.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I think he meant what happened before she got to the police station. As in what may have caused her to decide going there and doing what she did was a good idea.

As for the video: he went hands on when she started to reach in her coat, which is presumably after she said she had a gun. I can only guess, because of the lack of timeline, that he got off her after figuring out she didn't have a gun and was laying on the chairs, compliant.

She got back up, he went hands on again. At some point she either went for the knife or he figured out she had the knife. Either way, he broke contact and created space. Then she jumped up and charged him again.

And sremmos, how you expect to see the wires on a taser deployment in that video is beyond me. What you CAN see is the officer changing the cartridge in his taser.

Eta: apparently she never said she had a gun. She had it written on her hand, and showed the officer her hand.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Once it makes a good connection it is good for a bit right?
Not one and done.
Or are there different types?

Cause I see her on the ground for a good amount of time not really moving, then pause and they let her get back up and that is when she makes the fatal move.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don't know, but if she was on something, it could account for her stamina. If she got tased, she got a strong burst of energy.
But I feel like the shooting was unavoidable.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And thanks for the information, I was interested in the video, so thanks again.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The taser wasn't deployed until she charged.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Great run down of the video. Thanks. So did the shooting seem unavoidable to you?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yea, it did. She went from calm to resisting PDQ. She went from laying on the floor to charging almost as quick.

It's hard for an officer to effectively search a resisting subject when he's only got one hand to use to search.

It appears to me that she wanted things to go sideways. Telling the cop she has a gun, reaching in her coat, actively resisting, charging at one of them, etc. Which doesn't make things any better, obviously. It's sad, if true, that she got to the point of doing something like this.

I'm sure the "feint left quick jab spinning back heel butterfly kick" crowd will be along shortly to disagree with me, though.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Double post. My bad homies
edit on 28-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join