It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Video shows the girl being tazed/shot and the struggle

Skip to about 7 minutes and 30 seconds in otherwise it's just her standing there. Shooting happens around the 11 minute mark.

edit on 2820150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Her standing around for several minutes, a bit of a fight, and then a shooting. Or no shooting, depending on which link you're watching.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

skip to the 11 minute mark for the 'action'. looks like the first cop made a total balls-up of subduing her in the first instance, then the other two hotshots join the party, guns drawn of course, and do some shooting.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

skip to the 11 minute mark for the 'action'. looks like the first cop made a total balls-up of subduing her in the first instance, then the other two hotshots join the party, guns drawn of course, and do some shooting.

*two hotshots join the party, one with a gun one with a taser.

But hey, don't let a little thing like a fact get in the way of your diatribe.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

My link shows the shooting.

Cop makes contact at about 7 minutes 30 seconds in.

To me that looked justified. Could it have been handled better? Perhaps if the first officer going in actually knew what was going to happen.

He wrestles her thinking she had a gun. She ends up having a large butcher knife. The taser is fired and is ineffective (my guess is that it was fired too close and the barbs didn't separate enough) and at this point she lunges towards the initial officer with the knife and is shot.

They didn't have time to plan out the perfect resolution. A knife is incredibly deadly in a situation like this, and if you watch the video if she's basically on top of the cop by the time she's hit.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Pretty much my read on it. Like I said, it's not easy to search an actively resisting subject with one hand and try to control them with the other.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

are you condoning that ?

that girl walks in at around the 1.45 min mark,the cop then walks in about the 7.45 min mark and immediately begins to man handle her,walks her quite aggressively to the other side of the room where he is quite physical,then proceeds to throw her to the ground...she gets up most likely pissed right off at him for that runs at him he shoots ...WTF

eta...she apparently has a knife which i could not see...wtf was he doing wrestling with her in the first place ?
edit on 28-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yeah people that will no doubt pop in hear and spew a bunch of nonsense about their martial arts abilities don't realize that the cop is trying to subdue her without beating her face in. People are squirmy as f#. Especially when they're not in the right state mentally and are scared.

If the guy had punched her in the face or something people would be screaming about that too.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

eta...she apparently has a knife which i could not see...wtf was he doing wrestling with her in the first place ?

She said she had a gun. Considering that I think the cop actually used a fair amount of restraint.
edit on 2820150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

She said she had a gun. Considering that I think the cop actually used a fair amount of restraint.

what a strange event i am trying to get my head around why she would walk into a police department armed .... did she just escape the loony bin ?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Dude your whole narrative is so blatantly slanted it's not even funny. Try reading any of the comments in the last few pages.

He "immediately" began to manhandle her after she indicated she had a gun and reached into her jacket.

He "walks" her all of about 3 feet, and the puts her on the ground because she's still fighting him.

He's fighting with her to keep her from getting to the gun she TOLD him she had.

Do I condone deploying a taser (less than lethal) when faced with a knife (lethal) on a subject who's within 10 feet of you? Yea, as long as there's another officer next to you with a sidearm ready to go.

I'm gonna need a minute to recover from that violent slanting and skewing

edit on 28-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Autocorrect failed me. Again.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

She was suicidal and bi-polar. She had a few suicide attempts under her belt.

I think the most likely thing is that she wanted to suicide by cop.

It really is very sad. I'm positive those cops feel horrible, especially the first one who shows up and are going over the events wishing they had done things differently. Dynamic fast moving situations like that are impossible to predict. I'm sure if the cops had known what was going on they would have secured the area and done something different.

The girl walked into the lobby (after hours), picked up a phone and wouldn't tell the person why she needed the police. That cop walked in their blind and alone.

He didn't know if she had a gun or not, and was not initially aware of the knife. He probably thought subduing her was safer for everyone, her included than walking out the door or giving her a chance to go for the gun sh claimed to have. If he had backed up and drew his weapon, it would have given her a chance to draw hers which would have ended up in a firefight.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yep. I was gonna say something along those lines but didn't feel like getting my eyebrows flamed off tonight

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm gonna need a minute to recover from that violent slanting and skewing

you need to calm down ...

.....i added the edit to the my post to you because at first i didn't realize she was armed....i didnt read through the 8 pages of hate maybe i should have,but that was going to be depressing so i watched the vid first and the first reply was from you and i had a wtf moment....but after absorbing more of the story it starts to make more sense...Domo kindly explained some of the story to me....now re-holster your weapon relax and have a cold one on me

edit on 28-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Dude that was incredibly low. I hope you reconsider and delete that.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
As much as I don't trust police, I'd have to say it's hard to fault that a lot, unless it turns out it was a rubber knife or something.

I wouldn't let you get close to me with a blade, either, kid or no.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Bahaha ahhhh jokes about me shooting people! That's so hysterical!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
dog cops shoot 17yr old, a reply to: Tusks particular parts are missing from the footage...wonder why

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thanks Domo.

Too bad that didn't go better. I'm sure they all feel terrible.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
dog cops shoot 17yr old, a reply to: Tusks particular parts are missing from the footage...wonder why

Yea they edited out the shooting in THAT video. The unedited video is out there if you really feel the need to see her get popped and flail around on the floor for a few seconds.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join