It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah people that will no doubt pop in hear and spew a bunch of nonsense about their martial arts abilities don't realize that the cop is trying to subdue her without beating her face in. People are squirmy as f#. Especially when they're not in the right state mentally and are scared.

If the guy had punched her in the face or something people would be screaming about that too.

Yeah because the only options a large man has to subdue a 17 year old girl with a knife are martial arts and/or beating her face in. Talk about nonsense. Notice how she wasn't combative till he began manhandling her.

This thug handled a delicate situation with force right from the start and escalated it to the point of deadly force. In other words, standard operating procedure for law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Too bad that didn't go better. I'm sure they all feel terrible.

I initially didn't watch much past the shooting, but the cop that was initially there was clearly already struggling. He sits down and aa few others console him. Then when they are about to get the body he turns the chair around. Poor guy probably lost it when he was alone.

I am also incredibly sad that young woman who lost her life, and had to go through what must have been a very awful time. Also very sad her for her family.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Ahhh yes. Because after she indicated she had a gun and stuck her hand in her coat he should've given her puppy dog eyes.

Cop shoots her when she reaches in her coat: shot too quick.

Cop doesn't shoot her when she reaches in her coat: he's manhandling her.

Unbelievable

edit on 28-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Said pocket, meant coat.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nah, they should have just stormed in with armored vehicles and pump her full of bullets.

She was standing by herself and the first officer walks right in and initiates force immediately. They love their military gear but heaven forbid they get a crisis unit to better handle people like this young lady.

Unbelieveable

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

An ounce of research, champ.

He made contact, she told him she had a gun and reached in to her jacket. Then he grabbed her wrist.

I know research is hard, but it does make for more informed commentary

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I am not your champ so don't call me names.

Provide me with the sources you refer to that isn't reliant solely on the word of the officers involved and I'd be happy to do research. Informed commentary usually requires two sides.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

She was standing by herself and the first officer walks right in and initiates force immediately.

Since you clearly haven't read anything about the incident let me break it down for you.

Woman enters station after hours, picks up phone and won't tell the person on the other end why she needs an officer.

Officer gets there, walks up and she tells him she has a gun.

She starts reaching in her jacket, so the cop grabs her hand to prevent her from grabbing a gun that she's just claimed to have.

Then she starts fighting him.

At what point should the officer have gotten a crisis negotiator? He thought he was fighting someone armed with a gun, turns out it was just a butcher knife. They try to taze her, and she rushes the cop with a knife so she is shot.

It's pretty open and shut.

It's very sad, but that cop didn't know what he was walking in to. He didn't have the luxury of waiting around.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lol you're offended by champ? Okay man.

Source: video camera. Non sentient creature. Incapable of thought. Does not form opinions.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

He "immediately" began to manhandle her after she indicated she had a gun and reached into her jacket.

is there any proof she said that or are we going on the officers word for it ?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It's not a matter of not reading about it, because I have. Thanks for the assumption though. It's a matter of not believing it. Am I required to believe the officers side of things? Is there audio of her mentioning a gun that I've missed?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The word champ doesn't offend me it's tactic behind the pejorative usage of such a term.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well the report says she had "I have a gun" written on her hand. She holds her hand up when the officer gets up to her. Then starts reaching in her coat. Then he reacts.

I suppose it's possible she had a smiley face drawn on her hand and the officer just really hates smiley faces or something.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's your take on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I suppose it's possible she had a smiley face drawn on her hand and the officer just really hates smiley faces or something.

see you do have a sense of humor

well something doesn't add up....unless she was a complete loon (which is very possible at this point) who writes something like that on their hand to be used as provocation .... it is also possible after looking at the way the officer dealt with the situation she raised her hand up at him in self defense is it not ?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Not sure what other take there could possibly be for someone to use the term champ in such context. I've never encountered an individual who in the midst of disagreement decided to pay compliments by using the term champ. But whatever, it's not on topic and hardly a thing to dwell on.

We have a difference in opinion. You believe the reports and agree that proper force was used. I don't take the reports at face value and question the force used. It isn't the first time we've disagreed and I'll wager it won't be the last.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
a reply to: Domo1

skip to the 11 minute mark for the 'action'. looks like the first cop made a total balls-up of subduing her in the first instance, then the other two hotshots join the party, guns drawn of course, and do some shooting.

*two hotshots join the party, one with a gun one with a taser.

But hey, don't let a little thing like a fact get in the way of your diatribe.

ok 2 guns, 1 tazer. yeah, i feel all better about their ineptitude now. don't let an overlooked detail get in the way of your pro-cop overkill mindset. this scenario was handled badly, got worse then was ended in the worst possible way. i could give a crap one of the cops 'only' had a taser.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just look at her picture...all 90 pounds maybe, now put a steak knife in her hands, who wouldn't just shoot her, out of pure safely of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its unfortunate the 1st officer for whatever reason lost or momentarily relinquished control of the situation, to me it's tragic but I think justified(at the moment shots were fired)..the tazer might of not had a full charge or the darts might not have penetrated her coat. Sad but I can't fault the police.
edit on 28-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was written on her hand "I have a gun" its not indicated she said it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
It was written on her hand "I have a gun" its not indicated she said it.

Wait when did it become illegal to write that on your hand, or say it, or dare I say it, actually have a gun. I do not think the actions of reaching in your coat, paints etc should be a death sentence. Anyone every heard of the old tackle her move, you know like how they once did things before they just pulled their gun and fired.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join